Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my shipping confirmation by HLJ.

Usually takes me 3-4 days to arrive to the US and then 3 days to get to me. So I should have mine by end of next week. ^_^

valk when you get yours can you post up a few comparison photos w/ the dyrl and tv roy you have.

you have some real nice shots that i used for reference in the past contrasting the tv and dyrl :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's an image of arcadia focker unboxing with a cutlet as a tribute to Mr, K

BaxeFEjCMAA-Fo1.jpg

looks really tv (bright) white. i wonder how bright it is compared to yamato's tv version.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

So fresh and so clean, damn.

yeah, that cutlet does look good. i'm going to stop by mitsuwa food court (formally Yaohan) and get myself one as well.

valk when you get yours can you post up a few comparison photos w/ the dyrl and tv roy you have.

you have some real nice shots that i used for reference in the past contrasting the tv and dyrl :)

Thanks, my pics are not the best but glad they're of some use. Of course I'll take comparison pics. Will do my best to show the color differences.

Now I'm hungry too. No pics of the stand yet? you can see it behind the valk, its clear.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

So this doesn't come with the option parts? I don't see the side covers anywhere in those package pics.

Mine says "shipped" at NY but no tracking number. Hmm.

Going to be REALLY upset if there are no option parts included. That's the only reason I ordered it.

-b.

if that pic is at all accurate it IS bright "tv" white. i guess we can call it "arcadia dyrl white" now too.

Going to be REALLY upset if there are no option parts included. That's the only reason I ordered it.

-b.

i would be too, BUT usually the option parts are included in the plasic vacuum formed tray. they are in a separate bag taped to the underside of one of the trays. I assume Arcadia didn't come up with new tooling for the vacuum formed tray and did the same thing....OR is in the tray with the new stand whcih i don't see either. lol.

eriku: Nippon-Yasan sent a bunch of messages my way last night and early this morning. According to the time stamps, it took about two hours for the status to move from "preparation" to "package in transit". I had switched the computer off last night so I missed them all until I logged in later today.

The new white look is pretty nice in those pictures. I'm also wondering how it compares to Yamato's previous releases.

It's probably too late for the Hikaru, but if they simply eliminated the cheesy "pic of actual toy inside!" from the cover...it would be pretty clean and classy.....sort of like a vintage HCM box....pics of the toy would work on the back or sides of the box...

hcm_vf1shikfront.jpg

hcm_vf1shikside.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

eriku: Nippon-Yasan sent a bunch of messages my way last night and early this morning. According to the time stamps, it took about two hours for the status to move from "preparation" to "package in transit". I had switched the computer off last night so I missed them all until I logged in later today.

The new white look is pretty nice in those pictures. I'm also wondering how it compares to Yamato's previous releases.

That's about how much time passed between "prep" and "shipped" on mine. Did you get a tracking number yet? This is the first time I've gotten an EMS shipping notification from NY with no tracking number attached. I'm not worried, just curious.

Yeah, I do have my EMS tracking number, although NY did not send it in the "shipped" or "in transit" messages. When I click on "details" for the order at the site, there is a link above the order number that directs me to Japan Post and all the information is available there.

It's probably too late for the Hikaru, but if they simply eliminated the cheesy "pic of actual toy inside!" from the cover...it would be pretty clean and classy.....sort of like a vintage HCM box....pics of the toy would work on the back or sides of the box...

hcm_vf1shikfront.jpg

hcm_vf1shikside.jpg

I guess it's hard to please everybody with the box art. IMO the new box is ok -better than the Yamato ones too- and I wonder how many people would've complained had Arcadia chosen the kind of design you've posted.

I guess it's hard to please everybody with the box art. IMO the new box is ok -better than the Yamato ones too- and I wonder how many people would've complained had Arcadia chosen the kind of design you've posted.

A clean box design has been done before by Yamato....

post-16377-1288158584_thumb.jpg

.....I guess Arcadia must have retained Yamato's packaging graphics designer....who insists on photoshopping pics of the actual toys on the boxes.....

...but, agreed, it is better than Yamato's standard fare.....however, as a high-end collectible....I would prefer more effort on the packaging artwork.......maybe if I had not grown up with the old Takatoku and Bandai boxart packaging, I would not care so much....

Maybe something a bit more impressive can be reserved by Arcadia for the more expensive releases like the upcoming YF-19....