Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

the YF-29 is great, but Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia have a diffent style to them.

Maybe I'll see how I get on with the VF-1 and YF-19

Think getting my hands on this VF-1 after all these years putting of a purchase *might* cure my mecha hankering for a while. For the price compared to some of the V2s up for sale seems the best bang for buck for me. If Arcadia end up releasing a strike pack down the line for this they should just take my money now!

Maybe I'll see how I get on with the VF-1 and YF-19

. If Arcadia end up releasing a strike pack down the line for this they should just take my money now!

It has been mentioned several times here and on other VF-1 threads that Arcadia will be releasing the Super Strike parts... so better start saving up... No definite info on price yet. I'm pretty sure it'll include option parts but i'm curious to see whether or not they'll include the stand. Edited by m0n5t3r

I wonder if we'll see a jump in the price of the Super/Strike parts too?

Would not come as a surprise. But really, I'm just glad that we are getting another chance of getting some more. I just hate putting my VF-1's on display w/o any kind of armor on.

Would not come as a surprise. But really, I'm just glad that we are getting another chance of getting some more. I just hate putting my VF-1's on display w/o any kind of armor on.

Unless they're all DYRL VF-1's they didn't wear the packs that often in the show.

That being said, I'll need something like four sets once they're released again.

I wonder if we'll see a jump in the price of the Super/Strike parts too?

Maybe they will bring a nifty stand or arm to hold the Super/Strike parts when not attached to the valk to justify a price increase and a huge box?? :lol:

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'm sure in the Arcadia reissue of the Super & Strike Parts will be waterslide decals, option parts (to make them look less gap-tastic) and a stand (so that they look like they're stored in the armory when they are not displayed on the toy) included.

That will justify the 30% MSRP increase.

Actually the more I think about this an included stand would be pretty nice. I always wanted the Armored Parts for the VF-25F but then the Super Parts have to go into storage or I have to sell them.

I'm sure in the Arcadia reissue of the Super & Strike Parts will be waterslide decals, option parts (to make them look less gap-tastic) and a stand (so that they look like they're stored in the armory when they are not displayed on the toy) included.

That will justify the 30% MSRP increase.

Actually the more I think about this an included stand would be pretty nice. I always wanted the Armored Parts for the VF-25F but then the Super Parts have to go into storage or I have to sell them.

Option parts to make what look less gap-tastic?

Unless they're all DYRL VF-1's they didn't wear the packs that often in the show.

That being said, I'll need something like four sets once they're released again.

I meant like in general. The VF-1 has a very excellent design, but everyone has to agree that it looks even better w/ the FP's on.

Gaps here, here and here *points at different points of the schematics on the desk*.

I was just trying to find reasons why Arcadia can raise the MSRP on the Super & Strike Parts. The VF-1S comes with waterslide decals, option parts and a stand so I figured something similar would be the case for the add-on parts. ;)

Well I definately will not be using testors paints on this one, maybe Tamiya. If I order that from HLJ, I hope customs does not send it back like they did with my Gundam Markers. Damn Fedex bastards. Anyway are they going to release the fast packs?

I'll get a Hikaru if it has some nice art with it.

I sold my 30th Yamato Hikaru because the box is pretty ugly and it's honestly nothing special. I have the TV 30th Hikaru and it's a lot more unique I think. With the Roy coming I'll be happy to see what they do with packaging and the stand, but I'm not going to buy endless VF-1 DYRL repaints. Haha.

Edited by Gakken85

Y A W N - Bring on the M&M releases . . .

Right?!

I'm more like ...Please...PLEASE?! M&M are the only things I really need for my collection. But don't bother putting in my want list because they're impossible to find.

At this stage the M&M releases would cost $200+.

I'd probably have to rebuy them for the side-covers too... and replacement decals.

I'll take it, man. When the Yamato's come up for sale they are easily 300+ rarely new and usually 300 is from a normal collector not a dirty scalper. I'll take 200 with option parts, (would be stupid to release them without Super packs IMHO), and nifty new stand. Hell, release they together together as a gift set and give me a 50 discount.

It would be great if they do the Max VF-1S to complete this initial DYRL trio and then move onto something different. The TV M&M's would certainly be nice. Mixing up the TV and DYRL Valks might be a good idea. However, I'm all for a completely new approach to these limited releases as well.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think they're going to slow play everything Because this mold has been done so much and there is nothing really new to be done with it... and everyone is looking for bargain basement prices.

just to maximize sales and opportunities for each release, i would announce only a few re-releases at a time.

if they announce more re-releases right now, there's a chance they will lose pre-orders, evident by the posts wanting to skip these releases for the ones they want. people are ready to jump straight for the max and miria's. but it's not smart for business.

when the vf-1j 30th rainbow valk came out. many pre-ordered it thinking finally Arcadia's back and it was unknown if this will be the only release for this year as we had no idea if they got the DYRL licence back.

once the vf-1s roy and hikaru showed up, people began to change their tune and cancel on the 30th anniversary valks they pre-ordered skipping over to the ones they want. There's even one trying to give up his pre-order for the 30th in the sales section right now.

If i were arcadia, i wouldn't announce anything related to any vf-1 re-releases until after the the current vf-1s' preorders sold and shipped.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If i were arcadia, i wouldn't announce anything related to any vf-1 re-releases until after the the current vf-1s' preorders sold and shipped.

This would be a good business strategy, one that Yamato should have used instead of the one they opted for which was over saturation.

The real problem before with Yammy, was that at anytime you

Could pick up 3 different Hikaru's, and 3 different Kakizaki's at the same time.

That was bad merchandising. I get having TV vs DYRL, but release only one of each.

At this point a Kakizaki would be a death nail for Arcadia.

After these first two Fillers, they need to market correctly.

YF-19 MTO (Made to Order)

TV line:

VF-1J Max Super MTO

VF-1J Miriyia Super MTO ( include baby pod )

VF-1D w/ OP (and falling Hikaru and Minmay figures) MTO

SuperStrike parts w/ OP and Stand ( retail )

(They can't produce enough of these!)

SDF-1 TV version MTO

1/60 Regult Scout (web exclusive)

Movie line:

SuperStrike parts w/ OP and Stand ( retail )

(They can't produce enough of these!)

1/60 Regult ( complete model ) MTO

SDF-1 Movie reissue ( with newer stand ) Web Exclusive

VT-1 w/ OP and Hikaru, Minmay and Misa figures MTO

VF-1S Max w/ OP MTO

VF-4G FB2012 (web exclusive)

After they make those, that are featured in the shows they are from.

Then they can start worrying about the repaints.

Also, how about this ya' boneheads...

TV heroes set

PVC 1/60 scale figures of Hikaru, Roy, Max, Kakizaki, Misa

Gloval, Claudia and transport.

Sorry, I'm just ranting.

I'd think the most pivotal of roles valks need

To be made first.

I think that a lot of you should take your enthusiasm and post on Arcadia's Twitter and Facebook. I got a reply out of them on the box size.. though it wasn't very helpful.

Complaining here doesn't do much but get your post count up.

I think that a lot of you should take your enthusiasm and post on Arcadia's Twitter and Facebook. I got a reply out of them on the box size.. though it wasn't very helpful.

Complaining here doesn't do much but get your post count up.

couldn't agree more.....