Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Is this version of Roy an improvement over the other yammy vf-1 valks like the vf25 renewals? Or if you already have a Roy and other vf1's I can pass?

Unless you're dead-set on getting option parts, water-slide decals and the new stand there's nothing different from the previous VF-1 releases.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I recently began to look at prices more since I ignored the 1/60's (because I have a large 1/48 collection and was burnt out on VF-1's)

I'm still at a loss as to why a stand justifies around 8000 yen increase in MSRP over the 30th ed option parts releases that were MSRP 9800. Even the super bundles retailed at 12800.

At these price points, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fast Packs retailed for 7000 / 8000 yen plus.

Is arcadia basing these price points off of what some overzealous macross collectors are paying on YHJ?

Edited by Duymon

I think bundles may have died with Yamato.

So the fast packs for the upcoming YF-19 will be sold separately?

Not to beat a dead horse, but I recently began to look at prices more since I ignored the 1/60's (because I have a large 1/48 collection and was burnt out on VF-1's)

I'm still at a loss as to why a stand justifies around 8000 yen increase in MSRP over the 30th ed option parts releases that were MSRP 9800. Even the super bundles retailed at 12800.

At these price points, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fast Packs retailed for 7000 / 8000 yen plus.

Is arcadia basing these price points off of what some overzealous macross collectors are paying on YHJ?

Still waiting to see if the VF-1S Roy will have some fancy Tenjin art on the box like the 30th VF-1J...if so, it may explain part of the price increases......

Just checked out my order for the new DYRL 1/60 Roy on HLJ, and it's official it is November for the release.

That's honestly a relief! As excited as I am to get another Roy, it'd be nice to space out the preorders some. This month has been brutal on my wallet. Just spent an assload on the Four Horsemen kickstarter and I'm hurtin. :(

Edited by xrentonx

I think bundles may have died with Yamato.

That's a real shame :*(. Oh well, it's not like I care any ways I got a bunch of earlier realease (non 30th anni) bundles for less than 16000-ish each so I've no need to really chase after these Arcadias as much as I want to support them.

Still waiting to see if the VF-1S Roy will have some fancy Tenjin art on the box like the 30th VF-1J...if so, it may explain part of the price increases......

If people wanted beautiful art they'd buy the book, not add 3000-4000 yen to the top of their valk purchase imho

Gosh, I am so f#@king glad I bought the bulk of my VF-1's before Yamato went under. An 8000 yen increase? I could buy a Figma figure with that kind of money. An extra stand and a few option parts can't possible cost that much.

At this rate, I hate to imagine what they might ask for a reissue of the VT-1 Super Ostrich. Seeing as I now own a 3d printer, I should have just grabbed the Yamato version, cracked hinges be damned. I can print as many frakking hinges as I want right now. :(

Edited by GU-11

That's honestly a relief! As excited as I am to get another Roy, it'd be nice to space out the preorders some. This month has been brutal on my wallet. Just spent an assload on the Four Horsemen kickstarter and I'm hurtin. :(

I had to pass on those in anticipation of Arcadia's releases!

They need to start selling that stand!

Funny how close it looks, structurally, to the Gundam stands a lot of us started using to display our valks. I wonder if someone at Yamato/Arcadia was poking around on here and decided to adopt the idea for themselves? :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

the stand extension looks white is these prototype pics, i liked the grey colored one shown at the arcadia booth. wonder what the color the stand will be...

........wait it comes with the chair lift thingy????

(I knew about the neck/side covers, but chair lift.....please,please,please)

sucks, they are missing the obligatory shot where its lays out the entire box contents. I'm hoping for that too.

Edited by grymg

Yeah, I'll probably wind up getting one of these, but as much as I do want to support Arcadia's new releases, I probably will wait to see if this one goes on sale at HLJ. I already have a first release DYRL Roy, so as much as I want a couple of the stands, I'm going to put anything I already have on the back burner for now.

Right now, my Macross fund is being exclusively devoted to valks flown by Isamu. :lol: If my wallet is still breathing after those hit, I'll probably start eyeing anything with that new stand included (or, better yet, a bunch of the stands themselves if they start selling them separately).

Guest davidwhangchoi

the thruster feet look darker indeed. Maybe is just the lighting, too much contrast?

it's definitely the lighting. there will be no changes to the valk itself. initially i thought the same thing with previous prototype yamato photos of roy but used used your pics as reference to confirm yamato's photos seem to be darker contrast in their photos than the actual product in the past, not sure if you remember my post using your pictures

Edited by davidwhangchoi

the stand extension looks white is these prototype pics, i liked the grey colored one shown at the arcadia booth. wonder what the color the stand will be...

Indeed. I think both colors could work. I can see how the white is a little more complimentary in these photos. The gray had a nice industrial, military look to it though.

Edited by technoblue

I'm a terrible person because I've never been that big a fan of Roy's -1S. I'd rather get the TV version for the minty whiteness, but the only Arcadia releases I think I'll actually buy would be M&M VF-1J's, a VE-1 and some sort of Hikaru (-1A, -1S or -1J; I'm not sure which yet).

I'd be interested in a VF-1A Hikaru by Arcadia too since this was never reissued by Yamato with any of the fixes or updates to the v.2... that and i have an extra set of SSPs lying around here somewhere that i could put on it.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I was going through my old photos of the 1/60 Roy VF-1S DYRL and noticed that Yamato have left the circle on the back pack plain instead of yellow like it appears in the movie. all the other models including Hikaru's Max's and Kakisaki's have the circle in the same colors as the stripe on the chest. This is odd considering Yamato (Now Arcadia) was very careful about details.

VF-1S+Screenshot.jpg

IMG_5266.JPG

Edited by alchemo

The yellow circle (or lack of) has been discussed in detail before----I just can't remember most of what was said! But IIRC, it is correct for the majority of scenes, or something. (kind of like how it occasionally had a yellow heatshield)

I remember reading something to that effect during my lurking years. Yamato was pretty consistent with leaving the little circle/dome unpainted. Even the 1/48 VF-1S was produced that way. It seems a small thing that should be easy to customize as long as decent yellow paint exists to match the stripes. I thought it was nice not having the painted dot to further differentiate Roy's Valkyrie from the rest, even though it shows up sometimes in the animation.

Edited by technoblue