Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Guest davidwhangchoi

I use the chair thing to display with the pilot, helps give a sense of scale. :p

Actually, Roy shot himself, he was too badass to be killed by a nameless Zentradi so he offed himself.

that wasn't a nameless Zentradi

I use the chair thing to display with the pilot, helps give a sense of scale. :p

Actually, Roy shot himself, he was too badass to be killed by a nameless Zentradi so he offed himself.

I actually put the pilot in the chair on the glass shelf next to the battroid on my DYRL VF-1A CF.

After being on the fence on this one for a while I'm gonna pass. I already got the 1/48 skull squadron with fastpacks and those imho are such an impressive display I could care less about the 1/60 V2/3's. (though I did get a 30th 1J anniversary just to support arcadia)

It was 3 random Meltrans (Green Q-Raus) in formation that shot Roy in SDF-M. They all shot at the same time.

Of course this particular one was crushed by Kamjin.

There's no DYRL equivalent to Robotech so it was never Khyron... :p

Ok I give up. I ordered one through HLJ. It will be my fist V2 VF-1 from Arcadia/Yamato. I'm really hyped after all the praise the toy got in the last few years. However I would love to see a V3 toy that picks up a few of the features Bandai packed into their 1/72 kit like the leg deployment.

Hope the Super and Stripe Parts will be also available through HLJ.

Does anyone know the exact release date? HLJ still states a release in August and amiami has November as estimated release date.

... However I would love to see a V3 toy that picks up a few of the features Bandai packed into their 1/72 kit like the leg deployment.

"Accurate" leg-swap systems on anything less than 1/48 would be a veritable Pandora's Box of durability issues.

further, "Accurate" leg-swap systems in general would seem to be construed by a majority of fans (myself included)

as Part-Swapping, and completely against the entire "Kanzen-Henkei" ethos, YMMV...

Edited by Shaorin

In my eyes the leg delivery system would not violate the perfect transformation idea if the legs stay attached onto the chest plate panels until they have been snapped into the nosecone. No loose parts that fly around detached from the main body.

Also in my mind a collector toy should aim at being as close to the "real" thing as possible. But as you said my mileage varies. :)

If Arcadia does another iteration of the VF-1 they should do something different. For a long time the "Chunky Monkey" was thought of the best possible VF-1 toy until Yamato started to improve the design. I think Arcadia can improve in areas other than get rid of the priest collar. With new materials and improvements in the design many thinks can become possible that were unthinkable of in the past.

However I will enjoy the hell out of the VF-1S when I have in hands so Arcadia can take it's time for designing a new VF-1. Oh, and release the Mirias VF-1J from Macross 7 already. The President needs a new ride! And with new I mean old! :D

I agree on the Millia Mac7 VF-1J. I want to include as many valks as I can for each of the series. I hope Bandai is close to ramping down on Mac F releases. My biggest fear is having to get the valks from both mfg's trying to keep up with them competing for shelf space. I thought it would be a good thing to have competition, but I think Arcadia will have higher prices this time around which may put a major hurting on my wallet. I thought I was getting close to done collecting these valks, but they keep coming lol. I can't complain thought, and hopefully more people will get in to Macross causing them to release a new show.

I am still on the fence for this release if budget allows I may get one, but as of now I have too many toys on pre-order lol.I also already have 2x of these as it is.

Edited by Loop

I'm on the same boat with Loop on this one. I've already got an extra Roy and along with my almost non-existent toy budget, I think I just might have to skip this one. If HLJ were to put it on sale later on like they did w/ the Yammies last year, then maybe I'll pick one up then.

Yeah unfortunately there's too much other stuff to get before getting another vf-1s. Might have still got it if it was the tv version. Dissapointed that the price is higher. Loved picking up VF-1 valkyries before because they were a solid toy with an awesome price. May have to get less duplicates now.

It's a bit of a bummer, I don't need/want a third Roy 1S but I would like to get my hand on one of those stands and see how they work out.

It's basically the YF-21/SV-51 stand. I never even tried to put a VF-1 on one, not sure if the stand adapters match. I have all of my SV-51's on them and my YF-21 though, so maybe i'll check it all out later. I still think the stand is a bit large for a VF-1.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm just going to wait and see if this goes out of print fast. after it releases, if it does, i'm getting it...

I would be sweating more if Arcadia was starting with the TV version VF-1 Valks. As it is, I will wait patiently and see.

Sorry, major n00b at this. . . what is the difference between the VF-1S Roy DRYL and TV version? I was going back and forth between the images and couldn't find any.

Toy-wise the only differences will be an off white - very light gray color for the DYRL VF-1's and the pilots will have the DYRL flight suits. While the tv versions will be white and have the tv style pilots.

"Actual" differences between the 2 would also include a different cockpit and the redesigned canopy and canopy frames. Mechanical looking hands for the movie version while the TV version would have the rounded cartoonie hands.

The DYRL canopies have a "lip" with vents at the front where the canopy meets the nose seen here:

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/vf-1a-fastpack/vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif

Where as the tv version was smooth and blended.

Here is a thread that shows the difference between all 3 versions (tv, movie, and Macross the first comic) scroll down to post #80 to see all 3.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34601&page=3&hl=%2Bdyrl+%2Bcanopy#entry895486

Image from above thread:

post-265-0-46070900-1374876237_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

From the Angolz description:

Accessories : gun pods, missile pod, three-barreled anti-aircraft missiles, boarding pilot figure, movie version poses for hand parts, simple display stand, stand for attachment, water transfer decals, instruction manual

Can anyone verify if this is true, or is Angolz just being dumb and jerking people around?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some of the most valuable Yamato valks gathered a fair share of dust before selling out....

yeah, i already got a tv roy w/ option parts and a dyrl roy with option parts. brand new still sealed.

so i don't mind waiting for it to release. i'm going to keep a close eye and see if it sells out quick or not as did the roy tv w/ option parts and the vf-1d w/ options parts.

then i'll go and get'm just to collect.