Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

With the re-issuing of both Movie and TV Roy versions last year, is there really that much demand for yet another and at this price? I could understand it if they had only re-issued the TV version, but will they get as many orders as they would have with a VF-1S Max for instance? I hope they don't do a VF-1S TV Roy next, that will kill me for good.

Actually, I'm curious how big the Ghost X9 actually is. I always thought it was supposed to be larger than the Ghosts in Macross Frontier.

Suppose I should dig out my Macross Chronicles when I get home and see if the dimensions are there.

Graham

I know it's not an official source but they had a side-by-side shot of the QF-2000 next to a QF-3000 in the VF-0 book. The 3000 was already bigger than the 2000. I'd think the X-9 would be just as big if not bigger than the 3000.

Also, why didn't they include that stand with the 30th Anniversary version instead of the little, bent plastic one?

Edited by Mommar

Why is everyone so happy about the water decals? It's a nice addition but from my experience they tend to yellow after time. Bring on full tampo print. I want to display straight out of the box. Too much stress, time and care to carefully position and place them. That stand doesn't really justify the price increase however if Arcadia adds the Launch Arm with it, I'm all for it. :)

With more VF-1S Focker DYML than I can handle already in the Yamato ages, I am more concern on Arcadia's pricing strategy.

It reminds me of CMS products - most of them charge for a hefty MSRP, but end up in the bargain bin later.

Why is everyone so happy about the water decals? It's a nice addition but from my experience they tend to yellow after time. Bring on full tampo print. I want to display straight out of the box. Too much stress, time and care to carefully position and place them. That stand doesn't really justify the price increase however if Arcadia adds the Launch Arm with it, I'm all for it. :)

I will be the FIRST one to offer to buy your waterslides from you if you don't want them!!! :D:D:D

That being said---bring on the VT-1 re-issue!!!!

Edited by derex3592

Guest davidwhangchoi

Never ordered from AmiAmi before and I'm pretty loyal to HLJ, they're customer service is top notch. Don't know if it's the case with AmiAmi but during the buying frenzy I noticed that all companies compensated a lower sale price with the shipping price and in the end the difference would be of a few dollars only.

yep amiami charges more for shipping so it comes about even, don't let the lower price mislead you. plus you get great customer service with hlj

Guest davidwhangchoi

It'd be funny as hell if the M&M's start at 25000 or so considering a naked Roy is 17640.........

you know the sad truth is that prob will be pretty close to the real price point.

so summary....no difference except waterslide decals ( i don't care, it comes with enough tampo for me usually...do we have confirmation if the official pics is out of box or with decals?) and the stand. this begs to question....will they sell the stand individually? my guess is not because the stand would be the basically the only reason for me to get one. while my dyrl vf-1s is less than minty (loose but not cracked shoulder hinge although with option parts installed thats not really an issue as they won't flop about) i'm not sure i NEED another yet. i do lik ethe rotating feature on the top of the stand. it does seem to use the same adapter location as the old yamatos (requiriing in battroid mode that the wings be spread which is a bit annoying). decisions decisions.

you know the sad truth is that prob will be pretty close to the real price point.

That is a little sad, but I must admit I would pre-order them at at price, even tho I rarely pre-order.

$275 new is still much better than $500 or $600 used - plus they will come with some upgrades (hopefully) and option parts...

I'm sure it brings the regular decals and waterslide decals.

I always felt the crotch system despite being improved still needed more fixing, after a while the swingbar bay tends to open and make the torso fall back slighty specially with FP attached.

Really curious on what the packaging will look like for this.....as well as for the 30th VF-1J........wonder if they finally have decided on paying Tenjin/Hasegawa the rights to use his art on their boxes??? If so, may explain the higher prices.....

If Arcadia decides to re-release their entire line with tenjin boxart........ugh.......

I'm done with NY. the dumb bastards won't even combine shipping for me.

Once I fulfill the PO's I have.. if I don't say screw it and cancel them, I'm going to avoid them at all cost.

Edited by Gakken85

You know, yes, that stand is ludicrously huge for a VF-1, but it would probably work wonders on any of the other larger Yamato valks. In the long run, they probably oversized it so they don't have to make a new stand for every valk they (re)release.

I've got plenty of Bandai stands and adapters for my VF-1s, but I might grab one of these to use with the upcoming YF-19, or maybe a VF-4. It's double dipping (or triple dipping if you count the TV release) for Roy, but I kind of don't mind that much.

Plus, you know. As bulky as this stand is, it's still more attractive than the massive lumps of plastic Bandai uses. :p

Honestly, if it'll keep the cost down... the original black boxes of the 1/48s would do... but yeah. Yamato had the ugliest box art designs for Macross toys and from the look of the 30th Anniversary promo art, the tradition continues with Arcadia. It doesn't even have to be Tenjin. If you check out Yamato's other robot products like the Scopedog, Garland or the Patlabor boxes, they look pretty good.

Hi guys. As Graham mentioned, it´s the stand of a SV-51 / YF-21, but I tell you, it´s big and ugly, but IT´S STURDY AND STABLE.

The SV-51 is a big bird, and you can pose it in every possible way, in any mode, with that stand.

And in clear plastic it´s a little less horrible. And it´s WAY better than the Bandai stands....

Yeah YF-21 stand let you put a YF-21 fighter in vertical climb pose safely, and this new one has a smaller base. I would love to buy a bunch of this new stand if they are compatible with our old Yamatos.

Edited by CF18

The higher yen may just be a marketing ploy, it gives retailers higher profits before it hits

The clearance shelf.

I just don't see any reissue being a home run with out something substantial.

I mean throw in a 5 cent 1:60 scale accessory, like a

Deck crew member, or a standing Minmay, or Misa, hell anything!

Anything other then just, here's the same old crap lying around, and a stand you may use.

I love this. All you hear is "Bandai includes a stand. How come Yamato never includes a stand." For the same price as a Bandai Valk Arcadia is including a stand. Now all we hear is, "why the frakk do we want a stand???"

I know my prayers are in vain but I hope that the included stand will look different (more like the launch arm ^_^) in the final release since this thing is ugly.

As a remark I have to add that I really like the Bandai stands (for their Renewal Valkyries). Don't know why but something in my brain must be weired differently. :D

Come on Arcadia release the launch arm stands for a reasonable price and redesign them so even the biggest Valkyries can attach to them safely. You know that this thing is ugly.

As a second remark I have to add that i would prefer a stand like the one that will be included in the 30th anniversary VF-1J. :)