Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Guest davidwhangchoi

Based on the 30th rainbow valk and price point, the mold looks the same.

looks like they're taking a page from bandai and might sell the valks with a stand. My guess is they will sell the super and strike packs separately as well like bandai, with no future combo packs.

that's some money, i think i'm going to hunt for people unloading their yamato versions, unless some new features show up

Like I said in another thread, the 30th was suppose to be 160 but you could pre-order it for 130 all over.

Also, they haven't officially announced any extras.

I like that stand though. Looks nice.

Guest davidwhangchoi

She will be mine (even though I got like 4 Yamato VF-1S Focker types already) :p

Graham

I don't mind another movie version, esp one with all the improvements... new style crotch and the nice hinge pins. (the only one that had that was the option parts release) hopefully the yen won't strengthen vs the dollar to the point where it was last year... by the time this comes out.

本日より、各小売店様・ネットショップ様にて予約受付開始です。(アルカディアオンラインショップでは2013年7月24日(水)より取り扱い開始予定)。

Starting today, it is accepting reservations started at each retail store net shop like. (Handling scheduled to start from Wednesday, July 24, 2013 in Arcadia online shop).

So do we need to proxy this?

1/60 PT VF-1S Roy Fokker Special movie version.

• Neck and side covers.
  • Gunpod.
  • Missiles.
  • Three-barreled anti-aircraft missiles.
  • Pilot figure.
  • Movie version extra hands.
  • Display stand.
  • Stand adapters.
  • Marking stickers.
  • WATER TRANSFER DECALS.
  • Instructions manual.

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/1272852/index

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd

part of me wants to buy this..
But damn...that price...

Let's put things in perspective here.. the VF-1Sv2 was going for 9800yen MSRP back in the day.. it's what got me started on this damn Valk collecting hobby in the first place.
http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00232/Sci

But here we are, Arcadia pricing themselves to Bandai DX Chogokin Valk range...

I'll sleep on this for the time being.. if I should get a 2nd VF-1S Roy.. I do have a spare strike pack lying around.....which they will no doubt reissue some point down the road.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So, aside from a decal sheet and a stand, it's virtually the same thing as the Yamato release?

yeah identical...

I think that's part of the reason yamato went out of business.

I think the "chogokin" or diecast content is pretty close. and getting a cheap stand is worth 10-20 bucks imo.

Considering the yamato stands were going for 100 bucks at one point.

I think with the size of macross collecting warrents the hike. it's still a fairly small niche in the grand scheme of things.

Also, I just check - the 30th anniversary is still up for sale. Not a good sign. haha

Edited by Gakken85

*Accidentally posted this in the other thread by mistake, had 2 windows open*

I guess the rumor was true. I'm excited that the release was made, but I don't really think I need another DYRL Roy. I do like that water slide decals, option parts and a stand are included though. I wonder if they will reissue the whole squad again. I am going to weigh this one for a bit before I pull the trigger. I don't have a lot of stuff on order for Nov, but I do have a ton of stuff slated for Oct.

Someone ask Mr K about that picture and he said it was an old Yamato Roy of his own that he was swooshing around and at the moment he wasn't aware of a reissue or something; well, that's what I interpreted from google translate.

Even though it's blurry it's obviously on the same background that they use for the photoshoot.

Yep, Movie version.

For those of you who waited for the official announcement:

http://www.arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?gid=106

This is interesting:

package form: box with flip-top lid
■ Package size: 25 × 280 × 150mm (provisional) Too small to be possible?

■パッケージ形態:フラップ付ウィンドウボックス
■パッケージサイズ:25×280×150mm(仮)