I like this casting, Simmons is fantastic and I watch Whiplash at least once a week. That said, I still would have preferred him returning to the Jameson role in the Spidey reboot, but oh well. Quick question, didn't Snyder state definitively that this new movie universe's Gordon was dead?

Yeah, Simmons is a fantastic actor.....though ever since I saw him on OZ he scares me. I have a hard time resolving that character from him. I guess that's a testament to his acting.

Chris

Yeah, Simmons is a fantastic actor.....though ever since I saw him on OZ he scares me. I have a hard time resolving that character from him. I guess that's a testament to his acting.

Chris

He was frakking fantastic in OZ, that was the first thing I remember ever seeing him in. I wasn't even supposed to be watching OZ either, my parents would have destroyed me if they found out I was watching it at the time, but it was a long time ago, HBO was still referred to as Home Box Office, good times.

People tend to only remember JK Simmons in his goofy roles but he's damn good at pulling off anything. He can pull off an excellent Jim Gordon, no doubt.

Actually, I mainly remember him from OZ. his character and performance still haunt me.

Chris

Edit: forgot I already said that....oops

Edited by Dobber

Guest davidwhangchoi

Lol. I'm just wondering how he addressed it. Thru tattoos or body piercings?

your current avatar is the best one imo. delta 04!

Don't know why, but I just can't get excited for this. Yes, I'm going to see it and I hope it'll exceed expectations but the clips and previews have done nothing for me. Which sucks because as much as I'm enjoying 99.9% of what Marvel has put out I'd love for DC to do well too, just for the sake of variety.

-b.

One thing I've noticed from Trailers and in the one fight scene above, is that Superman SEEMS to be proving Batmans point. He just throws him through buildings, completely disregarding the damage he's causing or possible injury/death to innocent bystanders said actions could cause. Perhaps the building is empty/condemned in the movie and that it is explained, but if not....

That said, Inam excited to see the movie.

Chris