Oh really? I wonder why.

I've read somewhere that it's a cultural thing. While western audiences watch a trailer and go see the movie to know how it ends, the Japanese audience watch a trailer with the ending and go see the movie to know the whole story. Case in point: the Seven Samurai trailer immediately gave away the fact that four of the seven Samurai died in battle, leaving viewers wondering who they were and what they were fighting for.

I've read somewhere that it's a cultural thing. While western audiences watch a trailer and go see the movie to know how it ends, the Japanese audience watch a trailer with the ending and go see the movie to know the whole story. Case in point: the Seven Samurai trailer immediately gave away the fact that four of the seven Samurai died in battle, leaving viewers wondering who they were and what they were fighting for.

It's not a bad way to do trailers, I mean the story should be more important than the ending. Think about Pre-quels, we know how it ends, but we want to know how it started.

Then, I agree with the Japanese on that note. I've never understood why people are so passionately against the idea of a story being revealed until it's deemed appropriate. Spoilers? Go for it, in my opinion. Tell me exactly what's supposed to happen, and don't leave out any details. I mean, you still have to watch and experience the story play itself out, anyway...

Then, I agree with the Japanese on that note. I've never understood why people are so passionately against the idea of a story being revealed until it's deemed appropriate. Spoilers? Go for it, in my opinion. Tell me exactly what's supposed to happen, and don't leave out any details. I mean, you still have to watch and experience the story play itself out, anyway...

I agree to a point. In this trailers case I don't see what the big deal is....but for a movie like the Sixth Sense, I definately wouldn't want to be spoiled. Some twists are important to not be spoiled. BvS, IMO, is not one f them.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

We're aware of who Bizzaro is and how he was made. But in this instance they've come out and clearly said this is Doomsday.

What a puny god-killer, taken out like a chump in less than two hours because he is part of Lex Luthor's anti-Superman scheme number 001. That's not a spoiler either at this point.

I agree to a point. In this trailers case I don't see what the big deal is....but for a movie like the Sixth Sense, I definately wouldn't want to be spoiled. Some twists are important to not be spoiled. BvS, IMO, is not one f them.

Chris

Your bring up an excellent example...

I think Snyder is great on executing stories that has an 'image' reference to it than one without. E.g. Watchmen and 300. Those were great. Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, I like it, but not that much.

I thought Watchmen was a well made movie but Snyder was the wrong choice as director however the style he used in Man of Steel would of worked for Watchmen. Its like he is a constantly evolving director and/or some Hollywood execs are making these bad decisions. From what I read about this film it appears to be the latter.

Edited by TangledThorns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the gun turret on the front.

honestly this whole thing still looks like a big mess and I'm not sold on batfleck at all. (why is he doing the stupid low gravel voice? it was crap when christian bale did it and it's even more crap now).

I don't understand the gun turret on the front.

honestly this whole thing still looks like a big mess and I'm not sold on batfleck at all. (why is he doing the stupid low gravel voice? it was crap when christian bale did it and it's even more crap now).

He's not, it's a voicebox.

either way, it still sounds stupid listening to him talk.

one thing I am coming around to is the idea of Lex Luther as a more evil Mark Zuckerberg.

Re: Lex and evil Mark Zuckerberg - this is what I was hoping for.

BUT

The previews don't give that vibe at all, Lex comes off as clownish, which is just more to add to the pre-disappointment.

-b.

Re: Lex and evil Mark Zuckerberg - this is what I was hoping for.

BUT

The previews don't give that vibe at all, Lex comes off as clownish, which is just more to add to the pre-disappointment.

-b.

Wait, was he playing Lex? I thought he's playing Edward Nygma? :rolleyes:

Oh... and Affleck? I love that dude since Mallrats. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...