Ah...so its pre-emptive hate from the folks who already "know" that they will hate this one too....so, I wonder why then waste your time on this thread? ;)

My thoughts exactly. It's a Batman movie that's not directed by Schumacher. I'm happy. Batman is supposed to be dark & brooding. Go back to the MCU if you want one liners and a feel good story.

My thoughts exactly. It's a Batman movie that's not directed by Schumacher. I'm happy. Batman is supposed to be dark & brooding. Go back to the MCU if you want one liners and a feel good story.

It's not a Batman movie. Man of Steel was also not a Batman movie. As to why we comment, it's because SDCC just happened.

I generally like Zack's movies.

I want to see the story he is going to tell - because I like seeing Superman as a God figure, because that's always made the most sense to me.

He said in the panel he was taking a lot of cues from DKR, but it's his own story....

That said I still think Ben is a bad choice and they will rush a lot of things to compete with Marvel...

But there seems to be an Anti-Marvel backlash brewing so who knows.

but, but i like that about DC characters. We have marvel movies to be lighter, although the last avengers didn't really leave a good feeling with me. Almost as if I've seen this ALOT and I'm getting kinda bored because I already know all the tongue and cheek beats coming up and the pointless drones the heroes fight at the end.

* I love how Bruce is running towards the destruction while everyone is running away.

Is that suposed to be the fight between Zod and Super man from "Man Of Steel" Bruice is running towards?

It's not a Batman movie. Man of Steel was also not a Batman movie. As to why we comment, it's because SDCC just happened.

It's a Batman movie as much as it is a Superman movie. He's in the title FFS. To further argue against that point without seeing the movie is futile.

To be fair we all know what the next bayformers movie would be like. I understand if someone doesn't like a movie from a grp of people the first time around. Their expectations for a sequel from the same group of people would be pretty low too. I'm ok with Zac's take on it so far. I've always wanted Sups to be humbled down to a human level and not an all powerful alien that pretends to be human. I think that's why there are always crossovers with Batman who is probably the most popular comic book character of all time, he is there to always keep Superman in check.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's stupid.

For fear of painting myself in a corner (in case that article has some points that are correct) I won't completely agree with it being stupid (although that's what kept coming to my mind as well) - I will say that it's ridiculously convoluted.

-b.

For fear of painting myself in a corner (in case that article has some points that are correct) I won't completely agree with it being stupid (although that's what kept coming to my mind as well) - I will say that it's ridiculously convoluted.

-b.

No, it's stupid. Ben Afflek isn't signing on to play not-Batman and be usurped by Christian Bale.

No, it's stupid. Ben Afflek isn't signing on to play not-Batman and be usurped by Christian Bale.

Hey, I don't necessarily disagree with you or Duke - lol.

I'm just keeping the mind of "anything is possible" and stating that if that article is accurate, it'll be one of the most convoluted messes ever. Which would also be stupid (the movie and the theories put forth in the article).

-b.

Only problem is: one of the major themes of MoS was the whole: you can't let anyone know who you are or about your powers because the world just couldn't handle it if they knew about aliens...

Well, now you expect us the viewers to accept that this all took place in a world where there will have already been a vigilante who dresses up as a giant bat, and have been fighting crime for some years prior by now in said world, facing off against a variety of villains which will have included--but not been limited to: a psychotic killer-clown; a scientist turned criminal with freeze ray guns/technology; a zombie crook with super strength and near invincibility; a mutant with crocodilian skin and strength; a former actor turned criminal following an accident rendering him with the shape shifting ability to manipulate his own skin & tissue; and a criminal femme fatale that can communicate with and manipulate plants, among others....

but that world couldn't handle the idea of aliens, or superhumans? riiigght

skeptical+gif.gif

Edited by reddsun1

Yeah, saw this in my Google News feed last week. Someone has been putting on the tin-foil hat too many times or has been acid-tripping a few too many times. Next thing he'll write is that Mickey is part of the MCU in a plot to take over Twitter, using that as a medium to overthrow Putin and destabilize Nigeria.

What Mommar said.

Besides in the Suicide squad trailer Amanda Waller mentions that Superman's appearance might've served somewhat as a beacon for the 'Freaks to come out'

Edited by Golden Arms

• 4 weeks later...

i.........don't not like the way that trailer was cut.

*edit

didn't want to spoil things for anyone. too lazy to type brackets.

I thought it was cut to the music pretty nicely. Just that "Blam" at the end for the 3D notice that wasn't needed....

It was cut to the music well, but not feeling the music either. It changes the tone from the 1st trailer and "horror" like mood from the sneak peek. Now if that score is in the movie, it can be used for a different scene, but just feels wrong to me for this trailer. As an editor myself, you really don't want to do the "rule of 3" jump cuts so much in such a short amount of time...or maybe I notice those things more than normal? idk. Anyway, not sure of the tone they wanted to give to viewers. Capts' trailer was epic compared to this, and I'm like one of the 3 ppl that defend MOS, lols, so really want this movie to be good.

It was cut to the music well, but not feeling the music either. It changes the tone from the 1st trailer and "horror" like mood from the sneak peek. Now if that score is in the movie, it can be used for a different scene, but just feels wrong to me for this trailer. As an editor myself, you really don't want to do the "rule of 3" jump cuts so much in such a short amount of time...or maybe I notice those things more than normal? idk. Anyway, not sure of the tone they wanted to give to viewers. Capts' trailer was epic compared to this, and I'm like one of the 3 ppl that defend MOS, lols, so really want this movie to be good.

While I agree this TRAILER is not nearly as good as Cap's or the SW's trailers, and I don't really care for the music in it either....I DO still think this movie looks good. I know that is an unpopular opinion around here, but there you have it. :p

Don't worry, I really liked MoS too. ;)

Chris

WTF is Jesse Eisenberg doing? I just... Wow, yeah, I'll be shocked if he's not nominated for a Razzie. Hell, the entire trailer was bad. Just no.

And why spoil something like that in the trailer? Nonsensical. They might as well rename the movie at this point since it's not the major conflict.

Edited by Duke Togo

WTF is Jesse Eisenberg doing? I just... Wow, yeah, I'll be shocked if he's not nominated for a Razzie. Hell, the entire trailer was bad. Just no.

And why spoil something like that in the trailer? Nonsensical. They might as well rename the movie at this point since it's not the major conflict.

Either that or doomsday just appears for 2 minutes, just to end the 'versus' story. Either way, yeah why show your hand so early in the game...

Either that or doomsday just appears for 2 minutes, just to end the 'versus' story. Either way, yeah why show your hand so early in the game...

Why show it at all? I'd have been pretty damned surprised in the theater to see him pop up as the baddie.

It's fairly clear they want this movie to set up everything. Instead of doing it organically over several films, they're cramming it all into one.

Edited by Duke Togo