Robotech x Voltron crossover... what the...I don't even...

Not hating; I'm only a content consumer commenting. You won't ever catch me saying things like "Rowboattech" or "Whoremoney Gold."

*SHRUG*.....don't know what your point is..... :huh:

If it's my pronunciations that make you rage.... :rolleyes: ....your priorities I guess....

And here I thought Zen72 was exaggerating about that part of the comic. Surely those ten or so pages could've been used better.

Its been like that for nearly every Robotech comic in the last 10 years. They'll have a primary story then it cliffhangs and goes to something else for another storyline. Usually it's robotech in relation and nothing more, in this case no.

The art really isn't all that great, Typical attempt at big eye exaggerated facial features and designs just like you'd expect of wanna be "Anime" artists. I mean if you saw the princesses face holy crap her eyes were like 0_0 princess kenny!!!

Its been like that for nearly every Robotech comic in the last 10 years. They'll have a primary story then it cliffhangs and goes to something else for another storyline. Usually it's robotech in relation and nothing more, in this case no.

The art really isn't all that great, Typical attempt at big eye exaggerated facial features and designs just like you'd expect of wanna be "Anime" artists. I mean if you saw the princesses face holy crap her eyes were like 0_0 princess kenny!!!

post-6180-0-59388000-1388279638_thumb.png

If this was an ongoing series, a secondary story would be fine. But due to the time constraints on this limited series, I don't think sacrificing 1/3 of an issue for something unrelated to the main story (pretty much ad space/filler) is appropriate, especially when the first issue needs to set up the premise for this weird pairing.

Couldn't get past the first five minutes of whining about a lack of respect for Carl Macek.

I turned it off after about 32 seconds....what a waste of time, I am amazed you got as far as 5 minutes of that crap.

what the frakk???

Edited by anime52k8

Then my mission was accomplished....the more you hate....the more I love it....HEHEHE!

Viva los internet tough guys! :rolleyes:

You're strange (and a bit delusional).

And we've probably spent more time talking about this comic than it deserves.

Why are we tough guys if we don't like you're review?

I welcome the criticism...just like any other artist......my mic was volume was too high so I come off distorted......I didn't give the comic a chance as it was a first issue....I don't understand what Tommy Yune goes through at Harmony Gold......etc.

The whole "Oh 30 seconds into it was crap".....well.....to me that's just the hatin/internet tough guy response....and that's entirely my thing....but like the guy that wants to call me or what I do crap....awesome.....by that same token...I'll respond.....

And to make it clear I DIDN'T post the podcast in this thread..it really was an unwelcome surprise...I try to stay CLEAR of posting anything about my podcasts here except for except for where the moderators have allowed me to do it and that after I asked for permission. I know the general animosity that Robotech tends to stir and I definitely want no conflicts......you gotta be respectful in someone else's house.

People will have their reactions/opinions.....but I too will have mine...balances things out....

I hope that clears it up......Thanks!..

Edited by Zen72

Let's face it... MW is probable one of the most active english speaking forums where people go to discuss Robotech. Are any of these things worth discussing?

A lame comic book cross over.

A really old video game.

A fan made short based on toys designed in the 80s?

As long as people are open to critism then sure, it happens all the time.

Don't forget the Mospeada threads. Most of the guys in that thread are probably fans of RT: New Generation than they are of the original.

Let's face it... MW is probable one of the most active english speaking forums where people go to discuss Robotech. Are any of these things worth discussing?

A lame comic book cross over.

A really old video game.

A fan made short based on toys designed in the 80s?

As long as people are open to critism then sure, it happens all the time.

Don't forget the Mospeada threads. Most of the guys in that thread are probably fans of RT: New Generation than they are of the original.

Yeah, I'm dreading the live action movie. The VF-1 does not transition into realistic film. They would either make the movie with CG and it would be crap, do it with models in fighter, in guys with suits for some sweet 90's fun.. Or more realistically have to redesign the "veritechs" to more Transformer like style. The Blocky way just doesn't work.. Trust me, I've been toying with the idea of making a fan produced trailer to sell a live action Macross to BW. So far it's difficult to do, but we've made a break through in how to do it.

Not telling these clowns though, they can keep the Zor.

You're strange (and a bit delusional).

And we've probably spent more time talking about this comic than it deserves.

Delusional that I responded to your "well thought out critique"?

Ummm...ok.

But hey....that's the internet tough guy for ya! :)

Happy New Year to all!

Edited by Zen72

You lost me in the first five minutes. What else is there to say? You want people to listen, yet you turned off this listener before you even started to talk about the meat of the comic. You say I'm not your audience, and that's fine--no loss for you. I'm not even sure why you're even still engaging me on this subject.

And I'm not exactly anonymous; there are people here who know who I am, and I post from time to time on the Facebook page.

But hey, we all agree the comic is crap, right? I don't see the problem here.

You lost me in the first five minutes. What else is there to say? You want people to listen, yet you turned off this listener before you even started to talk about the meat of the comic. You say I'm not your audience, and that's fine--no loss for you. I'm not even sure why you're even still engaging me on this subject.

And I'm not exactly anonymous; there are people here who know who I am, and I post from time to time on the Facebook page.

But hey, we all agree the comic is crap, right? I don't see the problem here.

Not just crap...mega crap.....I know a couple of guys that will be starting up their own fan based comic soon....their cover art blows Yune's artistic attempts out of the water.....

Not much of a surprise, though, is it? :)

Yune simply can't write a Robotech story......that's why I am holding out for my friend Bill Spangler to as least finish it into something respectable starting in issue three when he's involved....

The art work inside is "ok" at best.....Yune's cover art...totally blows....

Corny jokes.....the mention of the Masterpiece Veritech to me was just Yune wanting to finally include himself, albeit indirectly into the story....that was my Oh for f..... sake! moment...

The worst part about it was this was a setup...not just story wise....but consumer wise......$4 for half a comic....and then this Bronze Man comic.....should've been offered fro free.....

Then there's talk of a continuing series after the crossover.....with Tommy as the head story writer.....I'm not saying I can write better.....I'm just a consumer.....and as such...his writing sucks....

An yeah....I did take issue with Carl being excluded....for me it's about principle....if people take issue with it....that's...I've heard worse said about him in these forums....and I don't say anything.....those that know me KNOW I don't engage in the whole Macross vs. Robotech "conflict"...I just don't care about it and that's why until now.....I don't get into the debates about it......for which people have seen me as the oddball as for me....they both exist no matter how many people may hate it on either side.......WHY am I going to judge someone who hates Robotech?.....let them!

Leave that to the Robotech "marks" of the fandom.

Edited by Zen72

I just listened to that Podcast and it was awesome. I haven't heard anyone discuss HG like that (and I don't go looking for discussion on it). I loved the Kevin McKeever conversation. He was the guy who booted me from robotech.com shortly after linking to my site because I accurately reported what Tommy Yune said at SDCC and he wanted to spin it a different way. Never bothered trying to post on RT.com again... pretty sure my site gets more traffic than rt.com anyway...

Japanese Neo Nazi right-wing imperialist otaku cosplaying couples? Wait--what?

Knowledge on history is deplorable in Japan. Let's not get started on it.

Let's just leave it at: the dude probably doesn't know the full meaning of the symbol (as in it's recognized as the star or circle on the wings of Allied aircraft, and isn't recognized as the symbol of the Neo-Nazi movement), further convoluted by it's use (not at a 45° angle!) as a Buddhist symbol, and to indicate the location of Buddhist temples on some maps (note that this use predates the Nazi use and has a lot of benevolent connotations).

Given that I've mentioned the Nazis in this post, does this mean that I've lost the argument? (or is that comparing someone (or someone's argument) to the Nazis?)

Edited by sketchley

Knowledge on history is deplorable in Japan. Let's not get started on it.

Let's just leave it at: the dude probably doesn't know the full meaning of the symbol (as in it's recognized as the star or circle on the wings of Allied aircraft, and isn't recognized as the symbol of the Neo-Nazi movement), further convoluted by it's use (not at a 45° angle!) as a Buddhist symbol, and to indicate the location of Buddhist temples on some maps (note that this use predates the Nazi use and has a lot of benevolent connotations).

Given that I've mentioned the Nazis in this post, does this mean that I've lost the argument? (or is that comparing someone (or someone's argument) to the Nazis?)

Well, given that the Japanese government willfully rewrote history in their textbooks, I guess it's inevitable that their citizens would be ignorant of what happened during that period.

And I'll leave it at that.

Edited by GU-11

Well, given that the Japanese government willfully rewrite history in their textbooks, I guess it's inevitable that their citizens would be ignorant of what happened during that period.

And I'll leave it at that.

Fixed (its an ongoing thing. The kids keep the textbooks and new ones are made each year).

But that's not actually the problem. Read this for more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21226068

I welcome the criticism...just like any other artist......my mic was volume was too high so I come off distorted......I didn't give the comic a chance as it was a first issue....I don't understand what Tommy Yune goes through at Harmony Gold......etc.

The whole "Oh 30 seconds into it was crap".....well.....to me that's just the hatin/internet tough guy response....and that's entirely my thing....but like the guy that wants to call me or what I do crap....awesome.....by that same token...I'll respond.....

And to make it clear I DIDN'T post the podcast in this thread..it really was an unwelcome surprise...I try to stay CLEAR of posting anything about my podcasts here except for except for where the moderators have allowed me to do it and that after I asked for permission. I know the general animosity that Robotech tends to stir and I definitely want no conflicts......you gotta be respectful in someone else's house.

People will have their reactions/opinions.....but I too will have mine...balances things out....

I hope that clears it up......Thanks!..

Tough guy? No tough guy here, I'm the nicest guy in the world, but if my opinion of your review hurt your feelings and calling me a tough guy makes you feel better, well, whatever works for you. You claim you're an artist and welcome criticism, then welcome the opinion that your review came across as unwatchable.

Japanese Neo Nazi right-wing imperialist otaku cosplaying couples? Wait--what?

Ach, I just threw that in there because our friend anibioticab was using "gaijin" when gaikokujin (even that's a bit sketchy) is clearly called for....sometimes he comes across as a bit right-wing, but hey, that's okay right, we're all here to have a good time :)

Edited by peter

Tough guy? No tough guy here, I'm the nicest guy in the world, but if my opinion of your review hurt your feelings and calling me a tough my makes you feel better, well, whatever works for you. You claim you're an artist and welcome criticism, then welcome the opinion that your review came across as awful.

Your critique is based on "I turned it off after about 32 seconds"....so you really didn't hear all of it..you say that "your review came across as awful"........after 32 seconds?..If you can predict everything I said on it in that time frame....kudos to your ESP! :D

And sure I welcome opinions.... doesn't hurt my feelings...I just exercised my right to respond to you....that's what seems to bother you it looks like...you thought 32 seconds was crap...I thought your critique was crap...so I guess we're even...and all is well.

Happy New Year!

Not just crap...mega crap.....I know a couple of guys that will be starting up their own fan based comic soon....their cover art blows Yune's artistic attempts out of the water.....

I'm actually looking forward to this, and I'm sure lots of people here would love to know more about this project