From where do you get your subtitles?

VT-102

Sorry to mods and all users if this topic has been addressed elsewhere... But I am frustrated with having spent all of tonight going through old macrossworld threads and tons of internet searches.

I have been collecting all of the 30th anniversary Blu-ray releases this past year. I was hoping to eventually add english subtitles to all of these. I have some experience with old fansubs for the original and HD remastered R2 DVDs. Even started, but never finished a retiming of a DYRL script. Other members here ended up doing a far BETTER job with their fan subs.

I used to have an asiandvdclub account... but that seems to have been disabled. I spent an hour or so trying to figure out how to get back in. Unfortunately, I have not used it for years (with family and adult responsibilities). Additionally, the whole bitorrent landscape in general has changed from when I last used it... proxies, VPNs.

I'm looking for timed subs for all of the official Japanese Macross blu ray releases. I prefer to avoid video rips with subtitles (like .mkvs).

So what subs are you using? Which ones do you prefer for accuracy? How do you play them back or how did you remux them? Where can I find them?

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping to finish adding subtitles all of this summer so I can spend the rest of the year re-watching these.

It's been a long time since I've messed with altering existing subtitles and doing some of my own remuxing and encoding, but I used XviD4PSP and really liked it. I used this program to make the Matroskas I had into PS3 friendly MP4s and really liked how it worked. Since Matroskas are sets of files muxed together, I had to hard-code the MP4s with the subtitles so they'd display on the PS3. I think this is similar to what you want to do, only I'm guessing you want to burn your own DVDs and/or Blu-Rays.

I used Jubler to do any text, font, and timing edits on the files.

Hope this helps!