Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

You know, I wonder how difficult it would be to mod a set of YF-29 packs so the wings don't droop. I know they did in the movie, but frankly, it looks goofy that way. The game made them level with the normal wings, and it just looks much better I think.

Maybe they'll be accurate to the game, and make a custom set of packs that don't droop? Doubtful, but they at least made the gunpod with the bayonet.

Hmm, this is kind of a bummer. I skipped the other YF-29's because I wasn't super fond of the color schemes. Now, this one comes along and it looks great but... it's the same as the YF-19. I don't know if I want two VF's with exactly the same scheme.

Is this design canon? as in, was it in the Macross 30th game and flown by Isamu?

The shortest least-spoiler answer would be: Yes.

...and I would like to believe that the game is canon. It advances the story of the Macross universe (set post-frontier, introducing the YF-30, etc...) with an actual original plot (as opposed to the mission based/retelling games of the past) and doesn't conflict with any of the previously established lore (to my knowledge).

Also, there's just way too much effort put into 30 for it to be non-canon... at least, that's what I'd like to believe.

I don't like it. Hope everyone who likes it can get it despite being a webshop exclusive. Good luck, Bandai piggybacking Arcadia's thunder!

Is this design canon? as in, was it in the Macross 30th game and flown by Isamu?

Yes, it was in the Macross 30 game and yes, it was flown by Isamu.

It was also apparently in the hybrid pack game that came with the second FrontIer movie.

Graham

They were already showing off what was done on the YF-30, I think we just have to be patient.

yeah, but considering those pics are at least eight months old it would be nice to see some updated info on the 30, if it still exists.

Given how long the other web excusive stuff tends to take to come out, we might not even see this thing until next year, so there might be a decent amount of time to save up.

The price and release date were shown on the advert.

17,850 yen.

December release.

ONZvkIp.jpg

We're sure it's a web exclusive, right? :)

LOL, you will be here anyways on opening order night like me I am sure. :p

I am actually glad I ordered the other 2, now I can have a display of all 3 modes. I may even get 2 of these though anyway.

Edited by Loop

I'm about 99.9% sure this is the case. Anything that says 魂ウエブ商店 has always been an online-only exclusive.

None of the other items that were on regular release ever had the 魂ウエブ商店, only the web exclusive super parts, etc, as well as all of Bandai's other web exclusives for other anime series.

Also, several Japanese blog commenters are so relieved it's a web exclusive so they don't have to camp out (even in Japan! lol)

Edited by Duymon

I find that both hilarious, and kinda sad. I guess to a point I understand Bandai's unwillingness to make more valks to sell, but seriously. At some point, they have to realize how many more they could sell.

You know, I wonder what would happen if Bandai just made everything web-exclusive? Maybe this will be a nice indicator of demand. I'd be really curious to see how a web-shop release pre-order total would compare with one of their actual production runs. The scalpers definitely are making this into a difficult thing to judge currently, so it'd be nice to see a number representative of actual demand instead of panicked scalper frenzy.

Yes. 4pm JST.

Sorry, but no. 25 is the opening of pre-sales on Tamashii Web Shop. For shops like Nippon Yasan or Anime Export, they should begin the day of the update Tamashii Web Shop, 7/24.

Yes, it will be a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive. We see the Bandai Collector Shop logo in the YF-29, which indicates a sale only on this site. At least for the Japanese. We can find it on sites like Nippon Yasan, Big In Japan or Anime Export. But more expensive than the official price.

ONZvkIp.jpg

Edited by Dark_Ghost

well, the head is different.

And the gun has an added bayonet.

This scheme is also much more pleasing to the eye, to me, than the overly busy Alto and 30th versions; I have the Alto and although I do like it, the word gaudy comes to mind as an apt description.