Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

Got mine today!

I've had no issues to speak of thus far. (Knock on wood.) The 29 wasn't transformed solidly in the box, but I'm starting to wonder if that might be on purpose (did anyone's come with the legs properly tabbed in?). There was no film, so there was no need to wipe it down, and the bendy head crest was in perfect shape, with no bends or deformations. I can even get the gun to open, though it is very tight, and I display it closed anyway...

This guy is excessively tight. All of the joints on mine are ridiculously solid, The loosest seeming to be the right wing VTOL engine and the Gerwalk-mode leg joints. In fact everything is so tight that transforming the various bits is a bit of challenge.

I have to say, this is my favorite version of the 29. The colors are great, and I love the changes, however slight, to the head.

On a side note, I'd love to have a YF-21 styled 27. Of course, I'd also love to have a black/SR-71 painted 27. I'm not a fan of the show's 27 paint jobs, despite loving the overall look of it.

I just opened my Isamu 29, I'll echo the sentiments of all those that said they received one that was clearly a little mistransformed. I had to transform mine almost completely to GERWALK and then back to fighter to get everything properly seated. Looked great after I did that but that was all the time I had today to handle it :(. I'll be doing a video review once my voice returns...

I just opened my Isamu 29, I'll echo the sentiments of all those that said they received one that was clearly a little mistransformed. I had to transform mine almost completely to GERWALK and then back to fighter to get everything properly seated. Looked great after I did that but that was all the time I had today to handle it :(. I'll be doing a video review once my voice returns...

I only had time for half Gerwalk and then back to fighter. I got the shoulder blocks adjusted a little better but I know I can get it perfect.

Hope you get better soon Jenius.

Received my two from NY a couple of days ago. No paint issues or other problems. Transformed one to Battroid, left the other in Fighter mode.

So happy that NY declared the value as only €12 on the shipping invoice, otherwise my wife would have gone ballistic if they had declared the true value as they were delivered to my home and she was the one there when the parcel arrived.

Graham

Received my two from NY a couple of days ago. No paint issues or other problems. Transformed one to Battroid, left the other in Fighter mode.

So happy that NY declared the value as only €12 on the shipping invoice, otherwise my wife would have gone ballistic if they had declared the true value as they were delivered to my home and she was the one there when the parcel arrived.

Graham

That's what I like of NY.

To make a long story short, I actually received YF-29 Isamu Custom from my sister as a belated birthday/Christmas present. :D

Anyways, I'm having trouble with the leg transformation. After transforming it from fighter to GERWALK to Battroid and back, I have to leave the knee bent at one click in order to be able to tab the wings to the legs. Is this actually correct, or should the legs be completely straight when transformed correctly? It tried straightening the legs perfectly but then they'd sit too high for the wings to tab into them.

Any advice?

To make a long story short, I actually received YF-29 Isamu Custom from my sister as a belated birthday/Christmas present. :D

Anyways, I'm having trouble with the leg transformation. After transforming it from fighter to GERWALK to Battroid and back, I have to leave the knee bent at one click in order to be able to tab the wings to the legs. Is this actually correct, or should the legs be completely straight when transformed correctly? It tried straightening the legs perfectly but then they'd sit too high for the wings to tab into them.

Any advice?

You're doing it right. The legs should be like the VF-1 ones with FP.

Any advice?

Awesome! Grats. I have the same problem too.. Thanks Reivaj for the clarification!

You're doing it right. The legs should be like the VF-1 ones with FP.

Thanks for the info, Reivaj! Good to know I wasn't doing it wrong

Awesome! Grats. I have the same problem too.. Thanks Reivaj for the clarification!

Haha, I'm just glad I decided to ask for advice instead of trying to "wing it"! The manual doesn't explain anything regarding that, although it might have been written there--I wouldn't know since I can barely read Japanese.

I just spent an hour transforming it back into a valk. I had a very annoying time because the head mechanism's sliders were so tight that I had to use a scary amount of force to set them back in. Also, man, those shoulders are something else! It was an absolute battle trying to wrestle the left one back into the proper fit. The right side went in easy as pie, but the damn left pauldron kept popping off and could only be reattached if the arm was fully extended for battroid mode.

I guess this baby is staying in the box for awhile. :p

(This is my first 29, never had anywhere near as frustrating a time transforming with my 25's)

Also, man, those shoulders are something else! It was an absolute battle trying to wrestle the left one back into the proper fit. The right side went in easy as pie, but the damn left pauldron kept popping off and could only be reattached if the arm was fully extended for battroid mode.

The pauldrons on mine keep popping off when I try to put the arms back in place for fighter mode.

Watch jenius' transformation video transforming from battroid to fighter. It helped me lots trying to get the shoulder back into place.

I agree. Jenius made a great video without popping the shoulders off. Check out http://www.anymoon.com for more information.

About the legs I think Veef explained it like this: the YF-29 is a VF-25 airframe with integrated Tornado Parts so it has the same leg transformation as the Tornado Messiah who also has the Gerwalk joint extended one click.