Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

You should be fine on the wing, but make absolutely sure that the fuselage is molded in tan, and not painted over. The 30th anniversary version had the entire fuselage molded in dark gunmetal plastic, and painted over in white and black.

The underside will most likely still be a gunmetal color, so, I'd find a hidden spot along the border between the tan and metal/gray, and scratch it very gently to see which color is painted, and which is molded.

After looking at some of the in-hand pics, I'm seriously regretting not buying one when I had the chance. The battroid mode's kinda meh, but the GERWALK and fighter modes are gorgeous.

Long since sold out at HLJ, and I don't like AmiAmi's no-returns policy.

Then again, I'm not even sure if I can afford one after pre-ordering so many high-end stuff recently.

EDIT: My bad; HLJ doesn't even carry it.

Edited by GU-11

I checked yesterday, NY still has it in stock. At a 300+ yen sale too. Now's a good time to get it if you wish for it.

Thanks, Falcon18! One question, though. Is NY American-based? I might get slaughtered on import taxes and shipping, having it shipped from across the globe.

Edited by GU-11

Nope. It's Japanese based. You can under declare value with NY to avoid customs. That's what most people do here :) Just leave a note in your order details.

I can't thank you enough! If it's cheap enough without the added taxes, I might just be able to fit this into my budget. That Fullmetal Ghost has really taken a toll on my funds, and it's supposed to see a release in April next year! Not to mention that I just bought a home theater system.

One last favor: can you post a link? I googled "NY YF-29" and got nothing but reviews for the YF-29 and tourism stuff about New York.

Edited by GU-11

One last favor: can you post a link? I googled "NY YF-29" and got nothing but reviews for the YF-29 and tourism stuff about New York.

:lol: that just made my morning. Thanks! Hahaha.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/5567-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-isamu-type-limited-edition.html

There you go. Hope that helps :)

Chronocidal thanks for the heads up. NY declared my package worth €8! Damn that's cheeky. Customs will know it's bullshit but funny nonetheless, and NY did it without me asking.

Yeah, NY declare the toys ridiculously low. I would be more comfortable if they make an invoice with a value of US$20. That price would be reasonable.

Just about to post that NY had them in stock. Mine is already on it's way, from a different website. They were the last site I could find pre-orders available. I ended up paying $190 before shipping. Oh well, I really want one and wasn't sure if any would be available after launch.

Time to preorder super packs to be complete!

Just came back from the mandarake in osaka near the namba station, they had a yf-29 isamu going for 16800yen, it says its been opened and played b4, wasn't this just launched? The price is so good, too bad mine shld be waiting for me back home when i go back. Btw I am in japan for holiday and decided to look ard to see what toys I can find

All of you US people who have already received your YF-29's, where did you order from and by what means did you have them shipped? I'm very impressed how quickly some of you on the East Coast have managed to get yours. I'm still waiting in NM.

A good question. I ordered from Nippon-Yasan and I'm still waiting on mine (in NY, USA). According to tracking it arrived in the US at JFK yesterday (Saturday Dec 28th) so I imagine, based on past orders, that it will be here here Monday or Tuesday. Perhaps it has something to do with when people paid, rather than when they first placed their order?

Woohhhooo my Yf-29 came today

it an excellent figure , all the joint very tight ... even the wing engine rotation is nice and tight clicking into place .... my figure came out of the box with a miss align shield at the back because the arm wasn't lock in properly , in which I had to transform the figure to fix it , but everything fits in perfectly .

The only other thing was that my cockpit doesn't close properly until I used a lot of force /twist to do it , don't think Im going to open the cockpit anymore as it is closed now. My paint job all good but I don't like the heart shape on the back shield as it just look out of place ... it a beautiful figure in all three modes ...totally recommend him . On with the pics .... enjoy

d1yf.jpg

tz9j.jpg

7spe.jpg

borrowing the super

pvvw.jpg

Regarding Nippon-Yasan, I had assumed they were shipping out according to when you pre-ordered, since I had been seeing a lot of people on this thread indicating that theirs had already shipped. That may not strictly be the case... I got an e-mail on the 25th saying that mine had shipped, and I placed my pre-order pretty late -- a couple weeks after Bandai stopped taking pre-orders from the Tamashii website, in fact.

Sadly, after a bit of number crunching, that impulse pre-order of the Kotobukiya Ray kit and a few other things ate too much into my budget, and I'll have to let this one go. Hopefully, Bandai might decide to do a reissue in the future, as unlikely as it is. :(

Sadly, after a bit of number crunching, that impulse pre-order of the Kotobukiya Ray kit and a few other things ate too much into my budget, and I'll have to let this one go. Hopefully, Bandai might decide to do a reissue in the future, as unlikely as it is. :(

One will eventually show up on these boards for sale... I'm sure of it. And when it does, hopefully it will be during a slower preorder period for you.