Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

your video and review are the best Jenius ...i use it alot to check the figure out before i buy them and learn how to transform them properly! ..

Just finish repainting the 30th super parts of the YF29 alto .... cause i refuse to pay $160 plus for the alto super parts now :wacko: !! i rather buy another vf-25a figure ..... i left the yellow strip in there to make it look a little different from the rest and also it ties in the other yellow bits that are already on the plane also painted the shield as well ...

gj78.jpg

This reminds me...How does Isamu pilot the thing without EX-Gear...!? I wonder how the minifig will work, because Isamu's flight suit is rather bulky compared to the standard Alto figure's...Unless they do something wacky like repaint an Alto figure or something

Edited by Falconkpd

While piloting the YF-29, I'm sure Isamu would need to wear a flight suit that works with the EX-Gear system so logically his figure should just be a recolor of existing ones.

This reminds me...How does Isamu pilot the thing without EX-Gear...!? I wonder how the minifig will work, because Isamu's flight suit is rather bulky compared to the standard Alto figure's...Unless they do something wacky like repaint an Alto figure or something

Was he shown piloting one without the EX-Gear? I thought the 25, 27, 29, the retrofitted 171EX and presumably 30 were all built using the EX-Gear interface, without one those valks would be non-functional as there would be no controls in the cockpit itself.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

your video and review are the best Jenius ...i use it alot to check the figure out before i buy them and learn how to transform them properly! ..

Just finish repainting the 30th super parts of the YF29 alto .... cause i refuse to pay $160 plus for the alto super parts now :wacko: !! i rather buy another vf-25a figure ..... i left the yellow strip in there to make it look a little different from the rest and also it ties in the other yellow bits that are already on the plane also painted the shield as well ...

Very well done Lancalot! My Alto is with the anni super parts as well because I love how it looks. The color contrasts very well.

If you go by this pic, he apparently either just used the EX gear over his existing suit, or he planned on not having to eject (which technically fits his attitude anyway).

On the other hand, he also seems to have the ability to phase directly through solid matter, since his arm is resting on the edge of the cockpit while the canopy is still closed. :p

bfc3593e2dc32e92341b74e530701c9813532795

Indeed, brilliant. Great work.

The VF-171 and the 27 had no need for an EX-gear, guess the EX-gear is optional except on the 25 cause it contains the flight controls and is compatible with high school non military EX-gears for any prepubescent kid to pilot any derelict private military top of the line valkyrie found in the streets............Gundam Frontier, I mean, MacrossF.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

If you go by this pic, he apparently either just used the EX gear over his existing suit, or he planned on not having to eject (which technically fits his attitude anyway).

On the other hand, he also seems to have the ability to phase directly through solid matter, since his arm is resting on the edge of the cockpit while the canopy is still closed. :p

bfc3593e2dc32e92341b74e530701c9813532795

So it looks like he's just using the EX-Gear system just for the controls. You can see the EX-Gear shoulder pauldrons, helmet, and other stuff in the cockpit. It definitely wouldn't fit over the flight suit he's wearing. I wonder if he would still get the G-resistance benefits that the EX-Gear provides over the traditional style cockpits.

I'm guessing that the EX Gear only forms the cockpit's controls. It doesn't really encompass Isamu as the exoskeleton like we see in Frontier.

That or the animators are just lazy to create a new flightsuit for Isamu :lol:

I don't know what events transpire in the game, but I guess it's possible that there just wasn't a spare Ex-Gear compatible flight suit ready for him or he doesn't like the more form fitting flight suits so he went as is when jumping into the YF-29. I'm thinking the real reason is they just wanted Isamu to be as recognizable as possible, logic be damned.

God damn it i just cancelled my po few weeks ago, i looked back into this thread to see the pretty pics and in the end i think i will re-preorder again! I thought having Alto's was enough but the scheme for this one is too awesome, even more so than the one I own. Probably because M+ was my first ever completed series and it left a huge impression on me. I have a dream that they do a Guld's tribute to the Chronos due to both having Raptor-esque design (fat chance).

Edited by close313

Shouldn't have came back into this thread to look at the pictures then lol.

As to the game.. it just shows him to that scene above where he appears in the YF-29 I think. Haven't played it. It's from what I've read and watched.

FYI... I just finished up a transformation video that shows how to go from battroid to fighter without the shoulders popping off. I'm hoping to upload it later tonight.

Thanks for doing this. I'll hopefully find some time to check it out this week. Having a 7 month old takes up a lot of free time.:)

Wait until they're almost 4... Then they don't leave daddy's man cave and play/fondle/ravage all the transformers and eyeballs the 1/60 valks - telling me that one day when he's 'bigger an bigga' he can play with them. He has plenty of classics and assorted TFs as well as a few choice Macross GN-U Dous - but that doesn't quench the thirst for the yammies... And I can't blame him.

Wait until they're almost 4... Then they don't leave daddy's man cave and play/fondle/ravage all the transformers and eyeballs the 1/60 valks - telling me that one day when he's 'bigger an bigga' he can play with them. He has plenty of classics and assorted TFs as well as a few choice Macross GN-U Dous - but that doesn't quench the thirst for the yammies... And I can't blame him.

My kids are a bit older now, but they always knew not to open any of the cases in fear of their little lives lol. I am pretty lucky in that regard. I have 3 of them and I expected to one day have a problem with them touching my toys, but they respect that they are for looking at and not playing with. They also know how dear to me the Macross stuff is so lucky me I guess.

I have a 16 month old,that's why the updates on the site aren't more frequent. I hope you find the video helpful, give me feedback on how to improve it if you don't.

It worked like a charm. I did pop them off twice but i think that was do to my monster hands. I think i got the hang of it now. The shoulder guars are in position and the transformation was waaaaay easier this time. Thanks for doing the video Jenuis. Sometimes you need to see the transformation in reverse in order to see how a part locks into fighter mode.

Unfortunately i noticed i chipped a small part of the black paint on the piece next to the nose cone ( just before the canopy where the nose cone folds). I didnt notice that when i transformed it last. Anyone got a suggestion for a paint or gundam marker that i can match the black with?

My kids are a bit older now, but they always knew not to open any of the cases in fear of their little lives lol. I am pretty lucky in that regard. I have 3 of them and I expected to one day have a problem with them touching my toys, but they respect that they are for looking at and not playing with. They also know how dear to me the Macross stuff is so lucky me I guess.

Haha, I don't mind that much at all really - and really - what a torture for them! He knows to respect my stuff and never tries to transform them, only pose them - he gets me to do the 'hard' work. Plus he enjoys them more than i do, i think :D

gj78.jpg

Which color red did you find to match it?

Did they bump up the release date for this? I just got a payment request from NY with a deadline of 11/25. Checked the Bandai website and it still says Dec 2013. Wonder if this is going to be released at the start of December rather than the end.

you might got the request for the RVF25 super parts? ..... you better check to make sure . if it is then that be great !! i want it asap :)

Edited by lancalot