Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

I paid for mine pretty much when the POs came out and EMS, and got a notification yesterday. However, other items have been either early or late, with no correlation to pay date nor shipping method, as all of mine have been EMS.

NY are probably pulling POs from a hat :p

Edited by Shukenzero

it looks like the super parts are a different shade of tan compared to the 29

I do notice a slight color difference with the YF-29 and super parts. I'll compare the colors during the day.

Also my lighting and camera settings might be exaggerating the difference ever so slightly.

Edited by Saburo

Just got my shipped notification from NY. Ordered SAL but at least I know its on its way.

EDIT: Oops! This was meant for the Ozma YF-29 thread. My super parts were shipped on the 19th via EMS.

Edited by OzmaLee74

it looks like the super parts are a different shade of tan compared to the 29

I do notice a slight color difference with the YF-29 and super parts. I'll compare the colors during the day.

Also my lighting and camera settings might be exaggerating the difference ever so slightly.

It's a little more noticeable in some pictures vs. others (do I need to say that they're still very nice shots? :D) but I think that lighting could be playing a big factor in that.

I'm kind of excited for mine to arrive since these are the only Super Parts I've ordered for a 29 variant.

-b.

I don't see any difference on my end. Wish I could see for myself in person, but NY is dragging its feet horribly on this one.

Its a very subtle difference, barely noticeable in the lighting conditions I have setup for photos. I know what you mean about NY dragging its feet. I have yet to see my Ozma 29 in person, but that wait will soon be over.

Mine are coming Fed Ex tomorrow! Cool pics Saburo

VM, awesome and thank you. :)

It's a little more noticeable in some pictures vs. others (do I need to say that they're still very nice shots? :D) but I think that lighting could be playing a big factor in that.

I'm kind of excited for mine to arrive since these are the only Super Parts I've ordered for a 29 variant.

-b.

KB, Thank you for the compliment. :)

I agree about the lighting playing a factor and also that I shoot with a longer exposure time, the camera is catching the subtle difference in the plastics/materials.

Not sure why, but even with Saburo's professional shots of the YF-29, it doesn't appeal as much as It did. I was crazy about it from when it was announced until I got it. I'm somewhat glad that I sold mine to make way for other valks. Though I might need to get one again, just for the extra gunpod attachment clip :| and considering that the YF-29 is my favourite frontier valk (my damn fickle mindedness causes me $$ haha).

The super parts improves it, cause I love that dark metallic purplish-black that distracts me from the beige.

*Tears*

----

Hello

Thank you for your message.

We still have not received all our stock for this product.
This item will arrive on next Monday therefore we will ship your order next Monday morning.

We apologize for the time it might take.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Customer Service

----

Edited by Duymon

NO shipping notification from NY /yf-29 ozma, yf-29 isamu supers) I'm losing calm :angry:

Be calm, I received the shipping notification for the parts on monday and for YF-29 Ozma Today and I preordered the same moment the preorders were onlyne.

Got my super parts today today. After waiting three weeks for the YF-29 via SAL shipping and not knowing when it was going to show up, I went for EMS this time around. Haven't had time to put them on and mess with them, but I was able to open up the package and do a visual inspection. Everything looks good so far, no indications of any defects. After the YF-19 wing debacles, I no longer take it for granted that these things will arrive at my doorstep in one piece.

Seems to me that NY is having some troubles filling all of their pre-orders, wheter this Super Parts, or the Ozma's YF (wich I couldnt pay in time with them, and I got it cancelled)

I got my shipping mail four days ago

How about "our" display stands then? :D

Sorry for the tease. I already had the 29 on one of the newer stands and just slapped on the parts for a quick pic. Still working on it. Wife is due with our second in a couple weeks. Progress will ramp up again after a little hiatus.

Just got my super parts today. Kinda sucks now that NY has been trouble fulfilling orders lately. Could be worse though. At least they're not cancelling orders yet stating that they're unable to acquire them period. Just a delay. I still remember getting that cancellation email from BBTS with the VF-25S renewal. Ugh!

Sorry for the tease. I already had the 29 on one of the newer stands and just slapped on the parts for a quick pic. Still working on it. Wife is due with our second in a couple weeks. Progress will ramp up again after a little hiatus.

Congrats on your second baby :) Sounds like the hiatus might be superdimentional though :D

Edited by charger69

Got mine yesterday. I definitely had the impression that the color was off immediately when I took it out of the box. It's not way off, but enough for me to notice it without having to do a side by side comparison. I'm sure it won't look as different once I weather and clear coat it. If only I can find the time. I still have my YF-19's to do and I also just got my Ozma 29 in today as well...

Got my Super Parts today, these are my first YF-29 parts and I really like how it looks in Fighter (my initial impression was too much to add to an already very busy design). It's too dark in the room to see any color difference in parts and Valk so I can't comment on that.

I do like them enough to reconsider purchasing the Super Parts for the Ozma 29.

And yeah, for those that have seen N-Y declare a lower customs value, not for me on this release. I noticed that they listed a 20,000 JPY value for a 11,160 JPY (pre-shipping) purchase. Good thing I don't have to worry about customs fees. :blink:

-b.

Not a shot side by side, but they were taken under the same lighting conditions and camera settings so comparing them should be valid.

The 25A has a greenish tint to it that is noticeably different from the light beige color of Isamu's 29.

VF-25A_Fighter_06.jpg

YF-29_Isamu_Fighter_09.jpg

Edit: In addition, you can see them in the same photo in some other people's posts like the ones below where they don't look very similar together either.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34339&p=1098246

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34339&p=1097940

May I ask what colors you used for the panel lines and wash/ drybrush? Also thought about doing this once I picked up mine.

Edited by ULessa

I got my set in yesterday and have not had a chance to play with them. I have already played with them on my alto and 30th version 29's, so no big whoop.

On another note, I am sad to hear that NY is having so many supply issues as of late. I hope I get both of my Tornado sets that I pre ordered. I kinda wish I would have ordered them separately now. Maybe I can have them split the order up or something.

Edited by Loop

I got my set in yesterday and have not had a chance to play with them. I have already played with them on my alto and 30th version 29's, so no big whoop.

On another note, I am sad to hear that NY is having so many supply issues as of late. I hope I get both of my Tornado sets that I pre ordered. I kinda wish I would have ordered them separately now. Maybe I can have them split the order up or something.

Good luck! I tried to separate my Tornado Parts order once I realized the 25F parts would ship later with the 25G parts, I had to cancel the entire order and place them separately.

Although I think another member was able to get it accomplished w/out cancelling - so YMMV.

Funny thing for me, my first impression was of how tiny the box was, I was expecting something the same size as the 25 Super Parts, but it makes sense, since there is less "stuff" with these.

-b.