Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

One will eventually show up on these boards for sale... I'm sure of it. And when it does, hopefully it will be during a slower preorder period for you.

Hopefully without any markups or defects. One of the reasons I stay away from evilbay is all the back-and-forth's with the seller if the item is defective.

All of you US people who have already received your YF-29's, where did you order from and by what means did you have them shipped? I'm very impressed how quickly some of you on the East Coast have managed to get yours. I'm still waiting in NM.

Ordered from NY as soon as the PO went up, had it shipped by EMS and i received mine on Saturday.

Mine says it's in LA right now. Used SAL this time though since I'm not in much of a hurry to receive it. I'm assuming it should be here sometime this week just as long as there isn't a super long delay at customs like what some of us experienced with the VF-4G last year where it got stuck there for 9 days even with EMS shipping.

Mine says it's in LA right now. Used SAL this time though since I'm not in much of a hurry to receive it. I'm assuming it should be here sometime this week just as long as there isn't a super long delay at customs like what some of us experienced with the VF-4G last year where it got stuck there for 9 days even with EMS shipping.

Mine is in LA too, which is unfortunate. My last shipment of super-parts arrived in LA via SAL November 30th and didn't hit my town in Southern Oregon until December 12th. Now, that was before Christmas so maybe after things will move a long a bit faster.

Got mine this morning but have not had a chance to inspect it yet, I got as far as taking off the brown shipper box. I also got a call from the place I ordered 2x full vision wall cases from to tell me they are on back order until around the end of feb gah I just can't win. I decided to keep the order though because I got a holiday promotion that brought the cost down and they said they would honor it. I dread having to get in to my closet so I can get boxes to put other toys away so I can play with this one.

My YF-29 arrived this afternoon. This is my first YF-29 and taking it out of the package I was underwhelmed. I wouldn't say it's the worst toy ever but compared to the 25 Renewals and the 171 (sans the exploding shoulders) it feels like it has the worst fit of all of them. Taking this thing out of the package was kind of like pulling out the YF-19 after already having a VF-1, 11 and 22 first... definitely the first attempt and a step back on several accounts compared to the VF-25's.

I do have some sloppy paint apps. There's a bit of black on top of my cannons that's pretty noticeable. It's one of the few times I've been bothered by a botched paint app. It also wasn't transformed into fighter mode correct. So not a fantastic first impression unfortunately.

I still disagree with the tan color they chose, it doesn't look great, especially with the glossy plastic. It's VERY toy-like (yeah, yeah... it is a toy.)

In pictures I never found Battroid that cool looking but in person I've been enjoying posing it. I think Gerwalk looks like a beast, especially with all of the missile's showing, and it's my favorite of the three modes. Fighter I'm actually relatively disappointed in and probably won't mess with it much. Once the Super Parts arrive I may change my mind about fighter mode. I do feel like the wings should fold further back in Battroid however.

Edited by Mommar

Received my two copies today. I need to echo Mommar''s comments, not one but both copies were mis-transformed resulting in legs almost hanging free as I removed the VALKS from their packages. It seemed to be the rear locking tab from the back of the wing which plugs into the leg. But when I attempted to lock the tab in I could tell that the leg was not aligned properly.

Nothing serious, no stress marks or damage. It's funny how disappointed I felt, luckily first impressions don't count for much when you have already paid for something.

Finally have mine in hand.

Having the same problem with the legs out of the box too. Just wasn't clipped to the wings properly. Went to the point of transforming the whole thing to gerwalk and then battroid. Now leaving it in battroid for now. Hands hurt from transformation I'll just leave it there for a while. It looks awesome anyway. Probably leaving it in gerwalk cause I think it shines the most in that mode.Such a pain for the first transformation. jenius' transformation video helped lots.

Can say that mine doesn't have the sloppy paint apps that others experience. I think I'm fine with the gloss on the thing. Doesn't look so bad. I'll get some pics up tmr or something..

I think Bandai has just been doing a terrible job of informing its employees how to correctly pack their products recently. Their QC teams don't know what they're looking at, and it's abundantly clear that they don't know what the things are supposed to look like, or how they transform.

I've gotten at least four Bandai valks in various stages of mistransformation, for assorted reasons. Mostly, I think they just take a quick look at the things to make sure all the pieces are there, then put them back in the box without actually trying to repack them in any particular mode. Other times, they're mistransformed because parts are missing, and no one figured it out (my VF-25G with no crotch plate), or because someone had absolutely no idea what they were doing, and let a completely misassembled valk go through without even trying to put it any recognizable form. My super VF-27 had its shoulder linkages installed upside-down, backwards, or both, and couldn't actually transform into any mode, because the hinges were so out of whack.. I had to take the thing apart and reassemble it myself before it was even possible to fit correctly in the package.

Edited by Chronocidal

But holy crap, that is a nice Valk.

Agreed!

The Battroid has grown on me and is looking so nice to me that I'm contemplating to transform it back.

edit: Better camera pics,

post-12002-0-14414000-1388559188_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-00639100-1388559192_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-33081300-1388559198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Falcon18

Agreed, my Isamu came with the shield dislodged.

But holy crap, that is a nice Valk.

Hmm, I've noticed in both of your pics that the head can actually move up/down and left/right. My head can barely move at all. It feels like something is blocking it.

Hmm, I've noticed in both of your pics that the head can actually move up/down and left/right. My head can barely move at all. It feels like something is blocking it.

It's either the grey piece inside the chest that's holding the head or the ball joint. Try checking if you have that grey piece pushed away from the chest piece properly. That or try taking the head out from the neck and checking if there's anything wrong with the ball joint and reattaching it.

On another note. More pics!

post-12002-0-29269600-1388569521_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-07213600-1388569540_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-54937300-1388569561_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-62522900-1388569573_thumb.jpg

post-12002-0-37343000-1388569567_thumb.jpg

Finished panel lining, which I'll put pics up of later, but whilst doing this i started thinking we needed a Guld fighter as well.

And is it just me, but would a blue and yellow 27 with some minor mold mods be a cool homage to the 21?

Do all the maroon as Blue, all the pale purple as yellow, maybe tweak the head sculpt, new pilot color and Voila! Hell, do the Super Parts in grey and throw them in as well! the 27 is even brainwave controlled, how could this not be more perfect!

Finished panel lining, which I'll put pics up of later, but whilst doing this i started thinking we needed a Guld fighter as well.

And is it just me, but would a blue and yellow 27 with some minor mold mods be a cool homage to the 21?

Do all the maroon as Blue, all the pale purple as yellow, maybe tweak the head sculpt, new pilot color and Voila! Hell, do the Super Parts in grey and throw them in as well! the 27 is even brainwave controlled, how could this not be more perfect!

I like this idea. I would buy one to go with my Isamu YF-29. Bandai hasn't milked the Vf-27 mold much at all.

I like this idea. I would buy one to go with my Isamu YF-29. Bandai hasn't milked the Vf-27 mold much at all.

Im thinking they would eventually, with a Grace/CF with the Foldiddlydo. If a repaint, it would certainly be more fitting to have one with Nora's or DD's color, different head and gunpod but i guess that wouldnt be popular at all.(and highly far fetched). Im going to get this YF-29 eventually.... after i sell my other one.

Edited by close313

My YF-29 arrived this afternoon. This is my first YF-29 and taking it out of the package I was underwhelmed. I wouldn't say it's the worst toy ever but compared to the 25 Renewals and the 171 (sans the exploding shoulders) it feels like it has the worst fit of all of them. Taking this thing out of the package was kind of like pulling out the YF-19 after already having a VF-1, 11 and 22 first... definitely the first attempt and a step back on several accounts compared to the VF-25's.

I do have some sloppy paint apps. There's a bit of black on top of my cannons that's pretty noticeable. It's one of the few times I've been bothered by a botched paint app. It also wasn't transformed into fighter mode correct. So not a fantastic first impression unfortunately.

I still disagree with the tan color they chose, it doesn't look great, especially with the glossy plastic. It's VERY toy-like (yeah, yeah... it is a toy.)

I agree with you there. The combination of the colors and the plasticky (portmanteau!) gloss makes it look way more toy-like than any of the renewals or the previous YF-29 releases. I was also very disappointed that they didn't include a plastic version of the head gun when they have been doing that for the VF-171s and VF-25s to replace the bendy PVC versions with. I had to try to straighten mine out because it was bent a little. The PVC ones are also terrible for those of us who like to clear coat our stuff.

Mine came out of the box greasier than a piece of original recipe KFC... to the point that it affected the joints and made them all loose. I'm going to have to disassemble mine to try to clean it out of the joints where I can. I guess while I try disassemble it, I'm going to test if the blue fold crystals are molded in color or painted that way.

On another note, I'm glad you can still attach the gun without the adapter piece. It just angles down a bit more due to the bayonet. being in the way slightly.

Edit:

Just did a quick test using a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Yup, the blue is painted on.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

......I was also very disappointed that they didn't include a plastic version of the head gun when they have been doing that for the VF-171s and VF-25s to replace the bendy PVC versions with. I had to try to straighten mine out because it was bent a little. The PVC ones are also terrible for those of us who like to clear coat our stuff.......

Check the plastic container where the Stand is. I thought the same, until I went looking for the Gunpod attachment and found the head laser right beside it.

Just did a quick test using a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Yup, the blue is painted on.

Well, that's kind of weird, but I stand corrected; I was positive they'd be molded in color. This does make it very easy for those who plan on changing the fold crystal color to whatever suits them, so I'm definitely glad for that. Personally I'm fine with them in blue.

I think that due to copyright issues Bandai can't do anything that doesn't appear in the game, particularly if it involves characters from other series. But it does sound like a good idea.

I got the two I ordered from NY on Monday (it was suppose to get dropped off by USPS Sat, but noone was home).

I opened both and inspected them. One is a bit cleaner than the other, but both however are more clean in builds than any of the previous YFs/VFs I've gotten from Bandai. The swivels on the wings have been tightened up since the YF-29 30th and Alto's versions, but on one of the Isamus the left is just a little looser than the other (yet still tigher than the 30th and Alto ver).

I would like to put one of the Isamus out on display, but its just a shame the fastpacks/superparts aren't out for it yet.

I think some of the mis-transformations are due to Bandai's method with packing the valks. The plastic sheet which is placed between the valk and styrofoam tray prevents the valk from sitting flush in the corners of the styrofoam tray causing the wings to pop or unclip. This was an issue with both of mine.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Check the plastic container where the Stand is. I thought the same, until I went looking for the Gunpod attachment and found the head laser right beside it.

Thanks! I kinda expected to be packaged with the hands. Apparently it had managed to get dislodged from its place and was located on the neck portion of the stand.

u have to carefully trim some of the plastic from where the gun hinge is in the muzzle of the gun. So extend the gun, open the 2 halves, and just spread the arms as wide as u can. The use a knife to CAREFULLY trim the plastic inside the hinge where it meets the barrel. do this and test till it stays open properly :)

So I got around to opening mine up, the paint apps are fine with only one section that kinda draws my eye to it but not bad. Mine also came all floppy and the die cast shoulder blocks were not transformed right helping aid in the legs being drooped and the wings not secured.

The gun felt tight to open up fully but I basically opened it up like a "V" and then slowly counter rotated it and it seems fine.

Haven't got mine yet. hope it doesn't has any issue. slow shipping cause by holiday season in my country.

By the way the super parts is up at NY now and will be release on may 2014, still wondering if i should get it or not..

u have to carefully trim some of the plastic from where the gun hinge is in the muzzle of the gun. So extend the gun, open the 2 halves, and just spread the arms as wide as u can. The use a knife to CAREFULLY trim the plastic inside the hinge where it meets the barrel. do this and test till it stays open properly :)

Crap, my problem is that it doesn't open enough to let you fiddle with the hinge. Ah well, it looks pretty badass with just the scope and bayonet. Thanks anyway!

My gunpod doesn't open up either. But I hate the look of the opened gunpods from Frontier anyway and I think this one looks awesome as is so I haven't bothered. I just pop the scope and bayonet and call it good... though it SHOULD work even if it doesn't bother me. That's bad QC on these things.

It's definitely a sexy bird. You don't really need the gunpod attachment as long as you don't mind the bayonet touching against the ventral fuselage.

A little panel-lining breaks up the large swaths of glossy beige for the better imho. I used my regular thin black paint cleaned up tissue and a lil rubbing alcohol (be very careful about any of the existing paint, it hates rubbing alcohol!!), then cleaned up some hard to stick places with my .3 mm ink pen

post-25-0-15670100-1388693565_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-12688600-1388693566_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-20317400-1388693567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon