Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

I F*CKING WANT....NEEEED THIS!!!

Full set of pictures here: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_a1d5a9100101j49b.html

I think it's the same guy who trolled everyone with the Mimmay Guard fake, wow, just wow, check the rest of his stuff on his blog, sick stuff.

That custom GBP set is badass. I love all the scratch built parts and extra detail he added to it.

Option parts should be standard issue now.

No joke, its not like they have to remake the mold anymore and it uses just a minuscule amount of plastic. Not including it would be stupid.

I just wish they would consistently produce the super parts. XD

Cybergundam posted the following Arcadia Q & A on their fb (apologies if this has been posted elsewhere):-

ARCADIA Q&A for Macross Products:

Visitor: ARCADIA is a company which the name changed from YAMATO?
Staff: We are an independent company of YAMATO's Development Department.

Visitor: Are you hold the mold of YAMATO's YF-4, 1/48?
Staff: We bought the new items. We don't have 1/48 and too old items. Also, those molds are cracked!

Visitor: Will you sell the separate parts for VF-1? Therefore, customers can replace its broken parts.
Staff: If lineup increasing, we will review to sell the separate parts.

Based on the above, I guess Yamato's 1/48 stuff would really be the most valuable thing now.

They somewhat skirted the VF-4 question, but if they are implying they bought

All of the newest molds, then the VF-4 still has a chance at making it back out.

One can only hope.

1/48 being 100% dead is fine.

People wouldn't want to pay the cost those would take

To get made in this higher prices market.

They didn't really skirt it, they just didn't answer directly. They bought all the "new molds." Obviously they have the VF-1 so anything at that point and after is "new" I would assume. It begs the question if a VF-11 is also included in that equation, or possibly the 21/22? But I think it's pretty clear the VF-4 is in that category, it was their very last release (thus newest) mold. Really, they're being smart. If they say, "yes, we have the VF-4 mold", the internet will turn into "Arcadia is making a new VF-4!" because people are stupid like that.

6445090720130805130516029.jpg

I WANT THIS ONE.

That lineart for Battroid makes me laugh. Unless there's some fancy folding scheme we're not aware of those Delta wings are going to look like a cape hanging down to the D's knees in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1 wish for Arcadia:

That they send me a copy of every Macross toy they make free of charge for in depth review purposes!

Hey, no one said the wish had to be feasible . . . . ;P

Barring that and throwing away the whole "1 wish" thing:

VF-0 line (the whole shebang)

The Varuta Valks

Variable Gluag

TV SDF-1

Flashback 2012 VF-4

VF-2SS

VF-2JA Icarus

I pulled mine of my self for the first time in quite a while and decided to try transforming it. (I've got a Nora SV-51) it's a cool design but it's extremely floppy in all three modes.

The root and mid hinges on the wings can't support the weight of the wings and munitions, if you hold the fighter mode upside-down even unarmed the wings will colapse and they're basically useless in gerwalk mode.

The arms are also pretty bad, the mechanisms for shifting the shoulder position up doesn't really work right and is incredibly fiddly. the fact that the shoulder pauldrons can't be angled up limits pose-ability and makes it look off in battroid mode. then there's the single jointed elbows that can only bend 90 degrees and the wrists which are limp and constantly collapse into the arm.

My biggest gripe is that the torso just doesn't lock together and feels altogether unstable. on mine, you basically cannot pick it up from any part other than the panel that the legs attach too or the whole thing will unfold. The upper torso doesn't seem to secure in any way directly, the black chest panel sort of clips in and the swing bars have a detent but picking it up by the torso will overcome both of those easily and make the whole thing expand. Also, the panel the legs attach to pegs into the nose section via a thin tab that is a pain to plug in and is fairly weak in it's connection. There's also the head which sits too low and is limited in it's range of motion because of the periscope head gimmick. And the mechanisms that let the hips spread out is completely loose so the legs collapse in if you pick the thing up.

and then there's the fins on the arms...

Definitely a green Q-Rau, ideally the tv version.

I do wonder if the tv versions of the Macross toys sell better or if it just in the states where they are in high demand. I am late to the game, so getting those are my priority.

DYRL is generally more recognizable and popular in Japan, that's why those designs get more releases, more re-releases, and to be the lead-off releases for new lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

I had my first Macross related dream this morning. I woke up and wanted to share it: (i never had one and was joking that i'm going to try and sleep to macross plus a month ago)

I got a 1/60 miria in the mail from the guy that runs 1000% maximabuy, chreerytab and estertool. The sides and edges of the box were all bent out of shape and taped up with clear shipping tape. I kept thinking i didn't order this...

but somehow, i remembered ordering one for 300 a year ago knowing it wouldn't ship ever from maximabuy. but it actually came!!! I kept thinking i need a max now, where am i going to get a max... Then my dream shifted to some to a random guy singing at a church luncheon and i woke up.

I hope Arcadia will be re-releasing them one month after the yf-19

Edited by davidwhangchoi