Scratch Build 1/700 Scale SDF-1 Macross

s.t.r. sho

I began designing buildings. The size of VF-1 battroid is 15mm, whitch comes 10.5m when multiplied with 700. The building is 40mm as 8 floors.

The human is too small to be made up with details, with the size of 2.6mm.

I should learn how to make details with Sketchup, the 3D designing tool.

town1

I should learn how to make details with Sketchup, the 3D designing tool.

You should be able to find a bunch of content on the Sketchup user generated content library.

On the other hand, you might want to keep the detail of buildings, etc. to a minimum. Use colours and textures should provide more than enough to give a sense of detail (on DeviantArt, there are a lot of people who use Sketchup for modelling and export it into a different 3DCG program for rendering - getting a lot of the surface detail, lighting and shading from those other programs).

Thank you sketchley!

I explored 3d warehouse and found some vf-1 models and buildings.

Rescaling enabled a tiny and detailed 15mm Valkirye.

I wanna 3D print, regarding the creator's copyright.

Building and landscape (ground, roads etc) might be 3D & 2D hibrid printed for simpleness & detail.

town2

• 3 months later...

I printed out some battroids and a building by a 3D printer (I visited an facility and was allowed to use the machine there),

and the result was a fail !

I failed to print the details on 1.5 cm battroids. I have to improve my technique to adjust the settings of the printer, or use another machine

like an optical projection type or a laser cutter.

But my next plan is to scratch them with putty as a common way.

2015 01 18 16.37.41

And the building is too large to put it in the leg of SDF-1. Buildings might be able to be printed though. I'l design the 3D model of the town.

2015 01 18 16.35.25

• 1 month later...

I visited a fab lab to use 3D printer again and printed some buildings.

These are a half size of the previous shot. They suit for the city layout, but rather small comparing with valks.

Considering how to make surface details. Sanding, painting... and some printed photos would help to make some textures and advertising displays.

buildings in SDF-1

The whole city is below.

city in SDF-1

Going to use 1/700 etched figures, they might hit their heads at the building's entrance though.

1/700 etching figures

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you spanner 76!

Today I sanded a building and thought I may buy etched parts for battleship's exterior. I tried another things, destroids.

Monster might be large enough to 3D print, but I went on a traditional way, it's fun to use japanese tooth cleaners for the cannons.

They might hit their heads on the ceiling because it's 3cm high, that is 21m.

DSCN5667

DSCN5668

Edited by s.t.r. sho

• 1 year later...

After long research and experiment term, I made the suburb in SDF-1.

Thanks to the advices from all of you, I tried a papermodel with photo textures.

I used open licensed suburb photo data and edited as textures.

IMG 20161002 191554

Seems to be Nyan Nyan Chinese restaurant.

IMG 20161002 200046

In the park there are two, one is going to be a singer and the other is going to be a soldier.

IMG 20161002 191113

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to convert flac files to ogg format click this over here now: download online flac to oggmatter complete batch flac to ogg converter enjoy This is a great and easy solution to converting all of these files for you and it is all done online. You do not need to register, you are able to adjust the bitrates for the file you are uploading, and it is very simple to use that no one should have trouble with it. If you were ever looking for the one-stop website to convert all of your .ogg files for you, you do not need to look any further. Ogg2MP3 is a great conversion site that is fast, easy to use and will be around to handle all of those pesky files for years to come. The program saves the converted files into the same directory by default. You can change that by uecking "save in the file's directory" and selecting a different destination directory for the converted files. If you want, you can also have it remove the original files after the procedure.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...