So I wonder what happened to his son, will he be in the movie, overshadowed by the story of his heroic father?

think he's the black guy we see in the trailer...I think.

But hey at least they did take the time to write off smiths character that's not done to often in film.

^ Can't wait for the kits, maybe even toys, of this fighter to be released; although, I don't like the grafted "alien tech" under-wing glow-y boxes... they're too bulky, do not match the aesthetic of the craft, and break up the sleekness of the fighter way too much, but with a kit they can be easily omitted. But who knows, seeing them in action and context may yet change my mind.

I've long since discarded the rose-colored glasses through which I used to gaze at ID4, divorced from the nostalgia that tried carrying that lousy film for over a decade now. So to me, this sequel trailer seems like a very typical Hollywood blockbuster without much to distinguish it. I'm not really feeling it. However, I will say that it didn't look awful. The trailer is actually better than a ID sequel has any right to be. I suppose that's saying something.

Yeah, the alien tech is really something that turns me off about the fighter. Sleek and beautiful otherwise. Have to see how it works on film. I kept hoping they were retractable in some way. If they make a kit, I'll have to see about integrating them somehow so they're not so obnoxious hanging out there. Really ruins the lines!

But the movie looks good. Or as good as a sequel to ID4 can be at any rate.

And did anyone else notice that that was Washington DC being scooped up by a big alien 'shovel...'

I'll be going to watch!

Edited by Thom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's implied that the alien just wrapped its tentacle on his neck to communicate with the President and didn't strangle him.

Or they might use the twin brother trope just like every other sci-fi film. :ph34r:

It's STNG thing, makes more sense but he was clearly dead, pulse was even checked by a area 51 guy who gave the he's dead Jim look. Edited by Hikuro

I went and rewatched this scene:

Yes, the new film should explain how Dr. Okun survived this ordeal if he was confirmed dead. Furthermore, if the lab windows were not bulletproof, why didn't the alien attempt to break them in the first place instead of this long exposition?

Edited by areaseven

Yes, the new film should explain how Dr. Okun survived this ordeal if he was confirmed dead. Furthermore, if the lab windows were not bulletproof, why didn't the alien attempt to break them in the first place instead of this long exposition?

That movie, probably more so than most others, is one where the viewer should just go to the flow. There's no real need to waste energy on deep thoughts.