Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Not to mention that the shield isn't really bulletproof. This leaves much to be desired.

That does it, I'm cancelling my preorders ;P

I mean c'mon Arcadia, you've had more than enough time to develop a working toy scale pin point barrier system.

Graham

That does it, I'm cancelling my preorders ;P

I mean c'mon Arcadia, you've had more than enough time to develop a working toy scale pin point barrier system.

Graham

I know right?

You'd think at close to $300, we'd be getting self-transforming toy Valkyries a la those seen in the Macross Frontier movie. :p

Too bad there won't be a place to store an extra ammo clip in the shield

In all seriousness though, while that'd be a really cool addition, I think it would end up being a useless one, as I kinda doubt the Battoroid mode would have enough articulation to make use of it anyway.

Just to clarify, we still don't know what mechanism the ankles are right? I think they should realise the horrible ball joints that the VF-19 has (i love my 19P but the ankles made it a horrible to pose in gerwalk). Since the gerwalk pictures of this one looks mighty fine, I bet they used another mechanism (swivel please) or improved the ball joint design.

Yeah, the ball-joints are an eye-sore. Every time I see them it takes me out and I wonder how the hell the thing propels itself with ankles that thin. Just put in swivels like the VF-1 ffs! :(

Edit: ...or hide them better if they have to be ball-joints at all. At the very least redesign the things and don't just use the awful VF-19 ones.

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

don't like it, Sharon's staring at me through the light tint.

it looks like a good shade and at least we will be able see the nicely painted figures.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i like either tints, i can't wait for april to come.

i'm reversing my 4 cancelled preorders till WF, then i'll re-cancel them after seeing the next batch of photos.

I kind of liked the darker tint. I think the photos made it look darker than it was and people would have liked it in hand (like with the bandai renewal valks)

You got it, it was against a dark grey cockpit, it's going to look darker sitting on the bird.

But it is nice to have the blue hue, and not totally clear.

i like either tints, i can't wait for april to come.

i'm reversing my 4 cancelled preorders till WF, then i'll re-cancel them after seeing the next batch of photos.

Ha!

I'm in the either tint is fine camp personally, I'm just hoping for an overall solid release.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some guy is commenting that the developing period is fairly long. Mr. K's say i have a secret, it takes about 1 and half years average...it seems long. if that's the case, they may have already started on that next aircraft in order to finish by 2015 around april..

Considering they showed the Prototype to Kawamori and he approved means they are probably starting the factory tests in or around April. I bet the new aircraft will likely be a 1/15 release if they have a prototype at WF.

Plus if it is the D, there's time that was spent during the Yamato period to subtract.

Edited by skullmilitia

I thought the same too. It also made Isamu's 29 look very toy like.

So far, the only fighters where I thought the heavy/dark tinting looked good were the VF-17, VF-171, and Gamlin's VF-22S.

I'm not sure why I feel that way. The VF-17's canopy has just as much dark purple tinting or more than the previous iteration of the 19's canopy. Perhaps it's a combination of the type of canopy as well as the colors chosen and that maybe the darker tint works better for the fighters with a heavy stealth emphasis in the looks department.

I hated the dark tint----this may sound ironic, but it made it look like a toy. Real things (cars, planes) have more subtle tints.

This is much better.

You've obviously never been to the Southwest. Good luck seeing into the cabin of most cars around here.

I thought the same too. It also made Isamu's 29 look very toy like.

So far, the only fighters where I thought the heavy/dark tinting looked good were the VF-17, VF-171, and Gamlin's VF-22S.

I'm not sure why I feel that way. The VF-17's canopy has just as much dark purple tinting or more than the previous iteration of the 19's canopy. Perhaps it's a combination of the type of canopy as well as the colors chosen and that maybe the darker tint works better for the fighters with a heavy stealth emphasis in the looks department.

The thing that made Isamu's 29 look toy-like was the chosen colors all around plus the shiny, cheap plastic.

You've obviously never been to the Southwest. Good luck seeing into the cabin of most cars around here.

Lol.

Funny as hell, but I think he means the real world counterparts not tacky after market window tinting.

As far as my two cents on the darker tint making the toy look more like a toy... I'm not so sure.

I think it was more consistent as far as their design direction goes with the darker tint. The colors they've initially chosen is what the anime depicted most of the time. The canopy was dark most of the time on screen. The feet looked blue, most of the time... The gunpowder did look a bit FDE/OD.

Now with the body color tweaks and the canopy tint tweak, I'm worried that it's neither here or there in terms of visual consistency. It's a hybrid between anime accuracy and lineart accuracy... Hopefully the mix works, but I'm going to reserve judgement of whether or not the lighter tint indeed makes it better.

EDIT: formatting

Edited by Nani?!

Lol.

Funny as hell, but I think he means the real world counterparts not tacky after market window tinting.

As far as my two cents on the darker tint making the toy look more like a toy... I'm not so sure.

I think it was more consistent as far as their design direction goes with the darker tint. The colors they've initially chosen is what the anime depicted most of the time. The canopy was dark most of the time on screen. The feet looked blue, most of the time... The gunpowder did look a bit FDE/OD.

Now with the body color tweaks and the canopy tint tweak, I'm worried that it's neither here or there in terms of visual consistency. It's a hybrid between anime accuracy and lineart accuracy... Hopefully the mix works, but I'm going to reserve judgement of whether or not the lighter tint indeed makes it better.

EDIT: formatting

No, it gets hot around here. They sell them quite tinted brand new on the lot. My brothers Santa Fe is next to impossible to see through unless you press your face against the glass and it wasn't an after-market tint.

Regardless, I think you're right that the color of the canopy was integrated well with the rest of the look in the prototype version whereas now they've sort of watered down the look via committee, trying to make everyone happy.

No, it gets hot around here. They sell them quite tinted brand new on the lot. My brothers Santa Fe is next to impossible to see through unless you press your face against the glass and it wasn't an after-market tint.

Regardless, I think you're right that the color of the canopy was integrated well with the rest of the look in the prototype version whereas now they've sort of watered down the look via committee, trying to make everyone happy.

+1 In Texas dark window tint is crucial to survival! I like the 19 tint level. Bet it will look good in person.