Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

No, because the "grabbers" are too far to the front (as is the actual attachment point), and they have no grip anyway. The problem is that the die-cast content is all concentrated towards the rear of the plane -- legs, knee-joints, shoulder-joints, back-thruster... it makes everything in that area heavy and so the center of gravity is probably between the knees or somewhere thereabouts. Placing the stand attachment near the neck of the plane makes no sense at all...

I've used the "grabbers" on the yamato launch arm stand to prop up my YF-19 in fighter mode. Basically, you have to tuck the "grabbers" underneath the rear end of the aircraft, so they're actually supporting the aft part of the fuselage. It looks...not great...but it's worked on my YF-19 with fast packs and fold booster mounted.

Where is there a back plate that stays in the same spot in both fighter and gerwalk that far back? Would supporting the weight of the craft be safe there? I'd love to have a mount that puts the weight farther back.

Actually, now that I look at it, I was mistaken about it staying in exactly the same place, but the location might still be sturdy enough to support it in gerwalk mode. I forgot that the metal backplate has to move around a little for gerwalk, because I usually just drop the legs, and forget about the arms. :p

All I'm thinking of doing is designing an adapter that will clip around the big bulky section of the backplate with the thrusters on it, where the sound booster attaches. That'll work better in fighter mode, since that cluster of thrust nozzles is right about where the balance point is. For gerwalk, the balance point is shifted slightly forward, under where the crotch plate covers.

I've got no concern at all about that metal piece supporting fighter, since the whole thing locks together so well. For gerwalk mode though, you'd actually be resting the weight of the valk on the wingroot tabs that hold the chest in place. On the v.1 YF-19, there wasn't anything holding the chest down in gerwalk, so there wouldn't have been any way to support the valk there. With the VF-19, we got tabs to lock the chest in place in gerwalk, and they're pretty short stocky tabs, but I'm not sure I'd want to support gerwalk that way for long periods of time.

Oh, sure, but it's going to look ugly clipping a giant mount around the intakes. :p

Actually, I think what's driving the issue? They wanted a place to mount it where you could still mount the gunpod. Consiering the way they did the VF-0 way back when, I still don't see it as any kind of excuse though, since the VF-0 had a mount that not only wrapped around the gunpod, but it actually supported the plane right under it's center of mass. Why they stopped thinking about that kind of thing as time went on, I have no idea.

I don't know why they don't just make three adapters for all three modes, I don't think it would be the first time they did.

Speaking of Yamatos VF-19 I guess the center of mass is around the egress hatch in Fighter-Mode there the gun pod is touching the fuselage so I assume there is only room for a stand adapter that looks like a fork similar to the Gerwalk support piece of the Bandai Renewal Stand and not a piece that wraps around the gunpod. I'm not sure it can be a save connection because it looks like a fork but if it is combined with the adapter that comes with the toy and both connected with a support strut then it might work. It will be a ugly stand similar (again) to the Bandai Renewal stands.

Nothing is different than the vf-19, even the colors are just a shade lighter...

Oyi, I wish people read threads, and it searched before commenting.

Yep, it's the same damn mold, no changes, none at all.. In fact MrK just spray painted

A VF-19P and photoshopped in two seater cockpit, removable intake covers and the ability to

Form highspeed mode.

Guest davidwhangchoi

We good, man. I also get tired of people saying the vf-19 and yf-19 are the same.

but they are the same (shhhh) and we're paying more for the same thing.

We good, man. I also get tired of people saying the vf-19 and yf-19 are the same.

Oyi, I wish people read threads, and it searched before commenting.

Yep, it's the same damn mold, no changes, none at all.. In fact MrK just spray painted

A VF-19P and photoshopped in two seater cockpit, removable intake covers and the ability to

Form highspeed mode.

He did specify VF-19*A*. And the A-model actually is the same as the YF (darn near), so that's a much more valid and less-asked question. Now if he'd said VF-19F or something we'd have to type out the laundry list of changes. (that, or just say "everything was changed but the landing gear")

Guest davidwhangchoi

all kidding aside, ravens is the most requested repaint on Mr. K's twitter.

since it's so close, he mentioned that it's just converting the cockpit and it'll be realistic if they do repaints

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Actually this bears the question if the VF-19A is the production model of the YF-19 (much like the F-22 to the YF-22). Should the VF-19P be the same as the VF-19P (minus head turret, these speakers on the shoulder and some inner workings). In the line art they look different because Marcoss 7 has a different art style then Plus.

To paraphrase it differently: in the real world would the VF-19A and VF-19P look almost identically?

Actually this bears the question if the VF-19A is the production model of the YF-19 (much like the F-22 to the YF-22). Should the VF-19P be the same as the VF-19P (minus head turret, these speakers on the shoulder and some inner workings). In the line art they look different because Marcoss 7 has a different art style then Plus.

To paraphrase it differently: in the real world would the VF-19A and VF-19P look almost identically?

Some VF-19s are holding a meeting in Edwards Air Force Base right now in order to discuss the issue :D

vxgz3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

VF-19P is probably based on the VF-19F and not on the VF-19A.

VF-19 Kai (Fire Valkyrie) however is probably based on a VF-19A but heavily customized and it's one of a kind.