Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I went ahead and cancelled my PO. I really respect the effort and I don't think it's too expensive, but at the end of the day I'm just not a fan of this valk design, and based off that I'd probably end up selling it. I moderately like the fighter mode, but the robot mode is just not my style (uniboob, football helmet, and blocky).

I'm sure most of you will really enjoy it though!

Just too many other things to buy that I Really want :D

We all need to remember this franchise is based in another culture and need to respect that there are things they we may not understand or might be against our understandings, either way, this isn't the place to discuss that part of the Macross world.

To each his own, but in this thread it's the YF-19.

Let's stay on target!

I might order a 2nd, after handling a V1, it's such a disappointment lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think Plus sucks... but calling people who like it pedophiles is a bit much, even for me! haha.

I've never had a problem with Lupin, and maybe you had a bad experience along the way with one of the retailers. Who hasn't?

Anyway.

expressing your opinion that he never did anything to you makes it sound you are rationalizing/sympathizing his ban for his post. that's not the reason he got banned... bc he had an opinion that's different from others. it was his repeated insulting of others which he was warned not to do.

long story -> condensed timeline:

• a year ago he ranted about hlj and people answered him. when he repeatedly kept on. people didn't agree but were very poilite but he began to attacked them in his rants. mods came in and warned him.
  • he create a poll about bandai valks having scratches. a few ridicule him. the mods defends him, EXO in particular defends him rebuking MW posts that are snarky saying that he made a genuine poll and if you don't like it don't post insults at him.
  • several months a discussion in going on waiting for bandai pre-orders and he jumps on and starts attacking MW posters and continues his rant on amiami and hlj.
  • this is where i interjected for the first time, and told him to stop attacking MW'rs... we're focusing on pre-orders... he apologizes to me and says he attacking the others who are stupid not me... i told him i saw the mods defend him but to take his issues w/ them over pm. i pm'd him saying i understand he felt attacked but it makes him look insane when he rants about hlj from over 3 months when we have all moved on.
  • 6 months later, out of nowhere he posts a gun photo and says i pm people controlling them not to have other opinions... like i'm the pm mob going around behind the scenes intimidating people :p

i think we have a good community that's very friendly and polite, i think it's fine to say you don't like something but to continually force it down people's throat while attacking other members is ridiculous.

moving on... looks like the 19 process is less than half done. hopefully we get a test shot of fighter. i really want to see the intakes... i'm betting they will be a bit thinner or at least appear that way when they fit snug from in the test shots.

moving on... looks like the 19 process is less than half done. hopefully we get a test shot of fighter. i really want to see the intakes... i'm betting they will be a bit thinner or at least appear that way when they fit snug from in the test shots.

I'm not sure that will be the case, but for your sake I hope so.

So I recently got around to putting the original Yamato 1/60 v1 (I think) on display - long story involving moving house and my stuff over the course of a year.

To put it simply, the YF-19 still remains my all time favourite design.
Fiddling around with it, I can see and understand why so many people are hungry for a new and better engineered one from Arcadia, even if it costs the same as a VF-4.
The v1 is really quite terrible in any mode other than Fighter. You can barely get it to pose in anything other than a normal standing pose, and it's pretty much flimsy and loose all over.

Not to mention it was my 2nd Yamato YF-19 after the original 1/72 scale toy.

It's through handling the v1 that I really came to feel less regret about preordering the expensive Arcadia one. I really hope they don't screw it up. Their VF-19s (Which I also handled recently) were truly the best it could have gotten.

I think I'll probably be selling the v1, and if possible the older 1/72 toy, to make space for the Arcadia version.

Again we go on about the gloss finish. I am with Graham and Jenius on the fact that it should be gloss. I really do love the matte finish that Yamato used on most of the lines they did, but I think this pic does explain it all. I still pre-ordered 2 of these although they are matte and not as "anime accurate".

Shiny_zps77016d33.png

Edited by Loop

Again we go on about the gloss finish. I am with Graham and Jenius on the fact that it should be gloss. I really do love the matte finish that Yamato used on most of the lines they did, but I think this pic does explain it all. I still pre-ordered 2 of these although they are matte and not as "anime accurate".

Shiny_zps77016d33.png

Actually, all it says is that they wanted a different angle for Isamu to be looking up at the plane and showing his reflection doing that was the direction they went. Doesn't mean the toy needs to be shined to a glow. Besides, if it were represented exactly like this in every scene from the show anytime there were sunlight there would just be a bright blot wherever the YF-19 was because it would be reflecting that much light all the time. Not exactly a prototype plane look (or any plane.)

After some thought I'd be interested in a gloss finish too. Not for accuracy or anything like that, but just for a departure from a flat/matte finish.

I don't care either way, but in my perfect world Arcadia could produce these and make a profit while pricing them so that they "felt" affordable to purchase in both finishes (YF-19 Matte and YF-19 Gloss). How cool would that be...

-b.

Actually, all it says is that they wanted a different angle for Isamu to be looking up at the plane and showing his reflection doing that was the direction they went. Doesn't mean the toy needs to be shined to a glow. Besides, if it were represented exactly like this in every scene from the show anytime there were sunlight there would just be a bright blot wherever the YF-19 was because it would be reflecting that much light all the time. Not exactly a prototype plane look (or any plane.)

At about the 1:20 mark Isamu fires his head laser at Guld, if you pause it you can see the lighting reflecting off the YF-19. That was me just skipping through the movie looking for another reference.

About the Arcadia 19, I'll take it however they release it which is matte. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shiny_zps77016d33.png

that looks matte, isamu just painted a picture of himself. his picture is a bit washed out...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It could look good glossy (like a show plane) IF that gloss were to be done properly (like a mirror show car finish or baked enamel) and NOT like the cheap Bandai renewals where it shows off every swirl, scrape and scuff with matte tampo printed over the shiny greasy plastic.

It could look good glossy (like a show plane) IF that gloss were to be done properly (like a mirror show car finish or baked enamel) and NOT like the cheap Bandai renewals where it shows off every swirl, scrape and scuff with matte tampo printed over the shiny greasy plastic.

What do you think about the gloss and plastic that Yamato used for their VF-19 line?

Pssst, you are an expert, and that YF-19 you built looks amazing!

Pretty good? Wtf? It was the best 19 model ever! Proof of that is that cheng's model appeared in google when looking for 19's images...