Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

looking for some advice I bought this from HLJ and one of the fastbacks is missing a tab so attached to the shoulder. Contact them and they have said that I could hear the return it because they would replace it or offered me a discount 20%. I'm not sure if its worth returning or just accepting a discount not to mention that have low stock of this item.any suggestions maybe I can make them guarantee that they would coupon on hold for me if I decide to return it for a replacement

As far as I remember HLJ will pay for the shipping back to them. If this is trueI would send it back for a replacement. If they have low stock on the YF-19 I would act quick. I've never had to return an item to HLJ so maybe someone else could tell you how fast they send out the replacement.

I have a paint defect on my VF-1S Hikaru from Arcadia and they where only able to offer me store credit because the item was already sold out.

If they're paying for return shipping, do it. Just send them a message requesting all the info necessary for the return shipping and make sure to ask that one of their in-stock YF-19s be set aside for you; make sure to send the item via trackable mail so you have a record of delivery and you should be fine. HLJ is very reputable, if they've offered the exchange they are almost 99.99% good for it; but as Scyla mentioned, act fast while they still have stock; otherwise they'll have to source your replacement through their distributor or Arcadia, and that reduces your chances of getting another YF-19, or at the very least will cost you a lot longer.

mechaninac, on 19 May 2014 - 07:56, said:

If they're paying for return shipping, do it. Just send them a message requesting all the info necessary for the return shipping and make sure to ask that one of their in-stock YF-19s be set aside for you; make sure to send the item via trackable mail so you have a record of delivery and you should be fine. HLJ is very reputable, if they've offered the exchange they are almost 99.99% good for it; but as Scyla mentioned, act fast while they still have stock; otherwise they'll have to source your replacement through their distributor or Arcadia, and that reduces your chances of getting another YF-19, or at the very least will cost you a lot longer.

They are offering to hold one for me but my gut instinct is telling me to take the store credit as I don't really care that much for the fast packs and I am looking to buy some more items from them the $ 5o bucks could go along to help that.

Hey moose, can't HLJ just send the replacement part? The shipping cost would be low for both parties and this trade off could be done immediately. HLJ could sell the set at a discount price. I'm sure there will be buyers who would instantly purchase for their previous sale price with a missing tab on a fast pack. This way you don't have to worry about getting another damaged product. I'm not sure how HLJ handles defective products from Arcadia. If they can't get full reimbursement, this proposal might make a little more sense for both parties.

Hey moose, can't HLJ just send the replacement part? The shipping cost would be low for both parties and this trade off could be done immediately. HLJ could sell the set at a discount price. I'm sure there will be buyers who would instantly purchase for their previous sale price with a missing tab on a fast pack. This way you don't have to worry about getting another damaged product. I'm not sure how HLJ handles defective products from Arcadia. If they can't get full reimbursement, this proposal might make a little more sense for both parties.

You said it exactly what fears I had I'm more afraid of getting a new one with something damaged then dealing with the missing fastback piece which I don't even use the same for all the missiles.

I can't believe it's $100 more because of the missile that we don't even use if they would have included a stand it was it was it would have it would have been nicer. We have everything in order to use missiles we have we have to display to fight mode I think most of us do not do that.

They told me these are my options as they could not secure the missing parts from Arcadia.

I'm thinking of keeping that the credit for $50 and applying it to another yf 19 in the future is appears to be selling out fast

If this works for you I think it is ok. I would exchange it because If I had ever to sell the YF-19 the missing piece will be a hindrance for potential buyers. I have no plans to ever sell it but then all of a sudden life happens and I need some money. ^_^

Also I often have the urge to change my display and I would display it for sure someday just to add some variate to my display cabinet.

Maybe one of out resident 3D modelers can construct a facsimile for the part you're missing and upload it to Shapeways so that you can purchase a RP replacement. That way, you get your $50 coupon for HLJ, and a complete YF-19.

Well its Sunday here, and raining, so got bored and made this silly little vid using my new lightbox to hopefully show off the YF-19 a bit better... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW87VfFpRvA

Best music in a video this week... could you tell me what this is? :lol:

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

If you're fine not using the fast packs, I'd just keep the one you have, since that's the only problem with it. And yep, you could probably get a replacement part made if you ever really wanted to use them, or resell the valk.

The question is though.. are they offering you a 20% discount of the valk you bought, or is that toward a future purchase? If it's for a future item, it won't necessarily be $50... could be more or less depending on what you apply the discount to. I think that's how they do that type of discount anyway, more like a discount coupon than a refund.

Should still work fine either way if you decide to get another 19. :)

Finally finished mine. Has stickers applied, panel lining, a little bit of weathering, an elongated landing gear and a new neck shield. I did not like the color of the original and it did not cover the whole neck. Made one with a 35mm film case, very easy and looks great. Not to be transformed for now, I will leave it in fighter for a long time.alpha1.jpgalpha2.jpgalpha3.jpgalpha4.jpgalpha5.jpgalpha6.jpgalpha7.jpgalpha8.jpg

Very, very nice looking 19. Makes me wanna risk panel lining mine.

Skyboy, one thing I would suggest is if you're going to put the images in a setting that looks very realistic you should probably make the toy itself look a bit more gritty/used as well. I love the poses/look/idea of these photos but I think a bit more manipulation on the surface of the toys would really make them pop. Especially that first pic.

I like them a lot, Skyboy; specially the first one. Great job!

My pleasure.... ^^

Skyboy, one thing I would suggest is if you're going to put the images in a setting that looks very realistic you should probably make the toy itself look a bit more gritty/used as well. I love the poses/look/idea of these photos but I think a bit more manipulation on the surface of the toys would really make them pop. Especially that first pic.

Thx for your suggestion, I'll do my best next time..... I am happy u guys like it :p

Edited by Skyboy

Got my hands on the YF-19 last night after leaving it in HLJ warehouse. Love it, massive model compared to the VF-1S, very impressive piece.

Have one or two issues with it though and that's the right shoulder rotating joint, fairly loose. To the point where holding the gunpod it causes it to droop. The other is where the diecast hip bars are, the plastic they connect too almost looks like it'll split apart here at some point if the pressure is too much?? Anyone disassembled it yet or know how to tighten that joint up without too much tearing down?

Have it sitting proud on the VF-1 arcadia stand, to avoid the floppy ankles

DSC_0122.jpgDSC_0129.jpg

Edited by daBlah!

noooooooooooo!

Just checked HLJ, YF19's status is discontinued. Do you guys know where i could still get one? I was planning on getting one in japan (this nov) but i dont know where and maybe stock will be low seeing that demand is this high, and i dont know if its a good idea. help :(

Maybe the re sellers put in large orders? They were not necessarily made to order per person, but made to order based on what the re sellers ordered. I know I would have ordered enough to have stock after all the customer pre-orders were fulfilled to satisfy the market. Would suck to lose out on sales because you only focused on the people that pre-order. Not everyone does the pre-order rush like most of us do. I know quite a few people that feel like they are OK just waiting for them to release and then order them then.

Me, I don't like to risk missing out on adding something to my collection I know I want, so I just play the game.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nooooo it's gone from hlj... :(

now.. my 19s will be worth more heh heh heh :ph34r:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Pay more for the item and less for the shipping with HS or less for the item and more for the shipping with N-Y; either way, I'm glad I got one off HLJ's Black Friday Sale when I did. ^_^

Got (2) of mine with that sale at HLJ, and mega-ditto. That was such a good deal.

-b.

Got my 2nd piece (bought during Black Friday sale) shipped from my HLJ PW at long last. It seems fine, though there's some odd moulding difference under the wings.. like a very shallow mound of plastic.. not sure if these are the so called stress marks or excess plastic that accumulated during moulding perhaps?

Either way, it looks fine and tight, and I'm definitely leaving this in Fighter mode only. Got my 1st one to play and pose in Battroid (with a loose ankle <_< )

Missed the Black Friday sale on HLJ but luckily just a few days after release I saw one on ebay.

Bought it for $30 lower than MSRP (maybe seller scored on the BF HLJ sale) & used $45 ebay bucks = $75 discount!

And to make things sweeter, the seller was local. So shipping was free since it was a local pickup. Almost felt like living in Japan to have the item picked up as soon as payment is made.