Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I do. However I don't know if I should get some tape to protect it from paint scratches.

The endangered parts are the black paint behind the canopy and the one where the nosecone detaches in front of the cockpit right?

There's one spot where the backplate hinge rests against the black behind the canopy, and a piece of tape can protect the paint there. The other spot is a possible scratch on either side of the very front of the canopy, where the cockpit fits into the backplate. I fixed it by sanding down the metal that would cause the scratches, it's not very hard to do.

I think there are pictures of both places earlier in the thread.

Wow! Those are nice photos. Do you guys think that Arcadia would release a YF-19 in Hikaru colors? Love to get one for sure. :lol:

something I've noticed looking at the battroid mode, all they would need to do is use white plastic instead of tan with the existing paint apps to do a DYRL Hikaru.

HLJ is showing low stock for the 19...maybe its a good sign for Arcadia to re-issue other variants?

Pretty sure they will include the weapon packs to make more money...

Also if they can release the weapon packs separately, pretty sure people would jump on them too since theyre backward compatible with the VF-1.

Come on Arcadia! Make the announcement already!

I am missing a part of the fast pack on the shoulder it's the tab that attaches to the shoulder. I bought this from HLJ do you think they will be able to help me or am I out of luck

If there's someone who will try to do it for you that's HLJ. So yours is a fortunate disgrace.

The nose on mine doesn't seem to stay up in fighter mode, and the left wing tab also doesn't want to go in. It seem that they had thinned out the plastic on the wings ofr that slipstream mode gimmick.

The nose on mine doesn't seem to stay up in fighter mode, and the left wing tab also doesn't want to go in. It seem that they had thinned out the plastic on the wings ofr that slipstream mode gimmick.

Check the alignment of both the nose and wing.

The metal arm used to transform the nose just beneath the UN Spacy kite needs to be pulled all the way out/forward for the nosecone to sit flush, you should be able to see what I mean if you swing it all the way down.

post-357-0-81083800-1399780433_thumb.jpg

The wing connection can be a pain sometimes, I just move the wing itself out via the metal arms used for high-speed mode and connect the wing root to the leg that way.

-b.

On further inspection everything looks ok on my copy. However I don't know how the handle on the gun-pod suppose to fold down. When I remove the shoulder rest I can fold the handle down in the little cavity. Now I don't know how to get the shoulder rest back onto the gun-pod. I'm unable to slide it over because there is a stop that prevents the handle from folding down in non-storage-mode. Am I suppose to clip the shoulder rest onto the gun-pod?

Any help.

I also like the underside of the YF-19 much more than on the VF-19S I have. It looks much less gappy. Especially the area between the elbows and the egress hatch.

That actually confused me too about the gunpod, and the only way I could get the handle to fit between the halves of the stock was by forcibly spreading it to slip it between. Not a preferred way to do it, but I don't plan on folding the gunpod handle for anything anyway, so it's not a huge deal for me.

Hey VF-18S Hornet I wonder if you had the same issue as I had:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&page=115#entry1111011

I use this to temp fix it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&page=116#entry1111073

So fiddling some more with my copy of the YF-19 I really dislike the way the tail-fins are designed. Is there any way to fold them with the Super Parts attached? Or do I have to detach the leg packs every time I transform it? I really don't understand why Arcadia parted with design on the Yamato one.

It looks stunning in Fighter-Mode and I prefer the way the shield is attached to the forearms in Fighter-Mode. On my Excalibur it always falls of when handling the toy. The leg packs are crap. But I'm still happy with it. ^_^

On further inspection everything looks ok on my copy. However I don't know how the handle on the gun-pod suppose to fold down. When I remove the shoulder rest I can fold the handle down in the little cavity. Now I don't know how to get the shoulder rest back onto the gun-pod. I'm unable to slide it over because there is a stop that prevents the handle from folding down in non-storage-mode. Am I suppose to clip the shoulder rest onto the gun-pod?

Any help.

I also like the underside of the YF-19 much more than on the VF-19S I have. It looks much less gappy. Especially the area between the elbows and the egress hatch.

I think I mentioned this a little while back but, yeah, you're meant to put the stress on the plastic when you slide the stock back in with the handle in the "stow" position. It's a dumb design and I don't like it :(

Maybe so but I still don't like bending plastic to get things on toys to clip in. Doesn't matter what the degree is to me. I feel the same way with the swiveling shoulders on Yamato/Arcadia's VF-1 -_-

Edited by xrentonx

Problem with the existing pack design is they're meant to wrap around wings that are swept back, and much thinner. You can wedge the existing one on by pulling the wings out, but they really need a redesign from the VF-25 version before they'll actually fit correctly.

Problem with the existing pack design is they're meant to wrap around wings that are swept back, and much thinner. You can wedge the existing one on by pulling the wings out, but they really need a redesign from the VF-25 version before they'll actually fit correctly.

There is also the addition that the intake covers aren't shaped the same as the clavicle missile boxes on the 25, and they don't peg into the shoulder holes on the 19 either.

something I've noticed looking at the battroid mode, all they would need to do is use white plastic instead of tan with the existing paint apps to do a DYRL Hikaru.

True. Hope they do this after they decided to release those Supernova schemes. ^_^

this was tweeted to Mr. K lol

BnLkFZCCcAAn2ss.jpg

So this drawing spec uses the VF-25A colored packs on YF-19? Thought red would look better with YF-19. So this one called VF-19EF/A ISAMU Special/VF-25A Messiah based on the Mechanic Sheet box on the upper left? So this model is not YF anymore? Curious to see what Isamu 'VF' looked like in Battroid mode. :lol:

YF-19 Gerwalk mode as requested by no3ljm. Enjoy! :)

14164992845_a222dba78f_b.jpg

14164992765_98c00f7a9c_b.jpg

Thanks! :lol: Love the shots! It's funny that I don't like the Gerwalk mode (before Arcadia) ever since I saw it on MPlus back in the 90's. Now, it's my favorite YF-19 mode. :wub:

Awesome pics! Glad the ankles are holding up. My 19's left ankle is getting worse.

Thank you! No problem with the ankles as of yet... my YF-19 spends most of its time in fighter mode

True. Hope they do this after they decided to release those Supernova schemes. ^_^

So this drawing spec uses the VF-25A colored packs on YF-19? Thought red would look better with YF-19. So this one called VF-19EF/A ISAMU Special/VF-25A Messiah based on the Mechanic Sheet box on the upper left? So this model is not YF anymore? Curious to see what Isamu 'VF' looked like in Battroid mode. :lol:

Thanks! :lol: Love the shots! It's funny that I don't like the Gerwalk mode (before Arcadia) ever since I saw it on MPlus back in the 90's. Now, it's my favorite YF-19 mode. :wub:

No problem. :) Of the 3 modes, Gerwalk is in 3rd place, first being Fighter then Battroid.

YF-19 just got in the door!

EswbphDl.jpg

FhD9cTbl.jpg

Tv9LnSel.jpg

TKC2KjGl.jpg

UeKCks4l.jpg

oXiVCvyl.jpg

Ok is that some trick lighting or is it you got the right color Gunpod for your YF-19? Cause I got the VF-19 color gunpod with my YF-19 despite it having the new gimmick to store the gunpod under the shield, which probably has me thinking they are planning to release a V.2 BOP and Double Nut in the future.

Thank you! No problem with the ankles as of yet... my YF-19 spends most of its time in fighter mode

No problem. :) Of the 3 modes, Gerwalk is in 3rd place, first being Fighter then Battroid.

Well I have to warn you the ball jointed ankles do get loose after being transformed from Gerwalk to battriod mode. One solution is to push the feet in so they are barely touching the bottom of the legs for better stability.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet