SCOOPUDA!

Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

I really think they needed a stand for this like the sv-51.

I think every valkyrie should come with one. It just makes sense for something that spends most of it's time in the air or space. The toy looks more natural if it appears to be floating.

I think things like the slightly loose ankles or minor scratches don't bother me because... Well, they're toys. I mean they cost a lot, and we can nitpick till the cows come home but it's still a really full on expensive child's plaything.

A scratch or nick here n there is just the nature of toys. Doesn't bother me much at all.

When it can't stand up in Battroid mode out of the box that isn't minor. If you can't stand it up, that's a broken toy.

This Valk looks really promising!! It will be my 1st YF- 19!! So, I got mine from HLJ and I recently moved to South Korea (APO) and I wanted to have my package delivered here but HLJ does not ship to APO?!?! What should I do? I was thinking of just have it shipped to Texas (parents house) and then here but I was wondering if there is another way for my package not to make a trip all the way across the ocean and back. LOL any suggestions??

This Valk looks really promising!! It will be my 1st YF- 19!! So, I got mine from HLJ and I recently moved to South Korea (APO) and I wanted to have my package delivered here but HLJ does not ship to APO?!?! What should I do? I was thinking of just have it shipped to Texas (parents house) and then here but I was wondering if there is another way for my package not to make a trip all the way across the ocean and back. LOL any suggestions??

Army postings can be a pain in the a$$ sometimes. Although I'm not US Forces, there have to be South Korean personnel that you could possiblly liaise with if there are any such personnel in your shop, IE: ask them if they'd be willing to let you use their mail addy for shipping purposes. Buy him/her a beer at the mess afterwards?

IMG_3058_zpsc15a32cb.jpg

IMG_3068_zpsde5ee761.jpg

With one of my Finals out of the way, I finally got the time to take the YF-19 out of the package and transformed it to Gerwalk and then to Battroid. It's gorgeous and whilst not as durable feeling as the VF-19s, this one is undeniably a significant upgrade from the previous 19 which I've had for a good number of years. One can really appreciate the advancement of technology when comparing them side-by-side. Love all the in-built features and the improvements in terms of stability and engineering. But yes, I do suppose it's rather underwhelming when compared to the VF-19 due to the fact that we've gotten used to many of the new gimmicks and engineering. While I know it might not be accurate, the accurate Battroid cockpit gimmick of the VF-19 really impressed me and I can't see anything that matches that in this mold (perhaps the sweep wings?).

However, I can't not agree with the complaints of loose ankles. Thankfully, my 19 can at least stand straight up, but any overly dynamic pose is out of the question. Will most likely use the stand I got from the VF-1S.

Also, this is the first time I cut myself whilst transforming a VF. Sliced my thumb on the nosecone, of all things, when adjusting the chest.

Really want an updated 21 now!

Edited by Actar

Master, you have to snap the nosecone into the upper chest in battroid.

Yeah, way not transformed correct. I'm willing to wager it's because that nose cone section isn't pushed in all the way, that makes clipping the chest area down harder, if not impossible, and it's obvious that the lower section isn't sitting/connecting correct.

What's with all the folks getting wounded while trying to transform a valk? This has got to be some kind of record.

Makes me scared to transform. Maybe I'll put on some cotton gloves like Mr K to do the transformation. :p

What's with all the folks getting wounded while trying to transform a valk? This has got to be some kind of record.

I'm not really sure, the 17 is far more dangerous.

Yeah, way not transformed correct. I'm willing to wager it's because that nose cone section isn't pushed in all the way, that makes clipping the chest area down harder, if not impossible, and it's obvious that the lower section isn't sitting/connecting correct.

Actually that part kinda scary, since I wasnt too sure if the nose-cone supposed to snap in, or the red-lights are supposed to collapse, allowing clearance into the bottom of the chest. Luckily what I did was right. Again, the manual did not say anything about snapping the nosecone in...

maybe the manual that came with the 19 is partly useless..(some steps are OK, some are "what? how did you get to that step?") they should do a transformation video and post it on their website. Shouldnt be too hard for them I would guess.

Edited by aaajin

Like I said before, there are plenty of VF-19 transformation videos out there. This toy isn't really all that different, at least not in the areas that are problematic.

Makes me scared to transform. Maybe I'll put on some cotton gloves like Mr K to do the transformation. :p

Nah, man from the sounds of it you're going to need those chain mail gloves they give to people who work in the meat packing plants.

I'm not really sure, the 171 is far more dangerous.

Fixed that for ya. B))

Still haven't transformed mine yet, too busy indulging my infatuation with this and the VF-4 Fighter modes.

-b.

I have the rubs on the black around the cockpit from battroid transformation. Good thing I bought one for battroid and one for fighter. I somehow got some scratches under the nose as well. uggg well Im sure those were my fault but Im still not happy about the loose ankle and hips.

I have said it before, every "good" toy requires a blood sacrifice.

When it can't stand up in Battroid mode out of the box that isn't minor. If you can't stand it up, that's a broken toy.

oh dude, no u got a horribly broken toy, I get that.

Hey anime52k8, could you post pics on how to tighten the ankle on the YF-19 for all of us? Thanks.

Hi guys, my 19's ankle have gone so loose that it can no longer stand. Does anyone have pics of how to tighten it? I can't seem to be able to take it apart. thx

I have the rubs on the black around the cockpit from battroid transformation. Good thing I bought one for battroid and one for fighter. I somehow got some scratches under the nose as well. uggg well Im sure those were my fault but Im still not happy about the loose ankle and hips.

I recently noticed that on my 19 as well. It's very faint right now, but I'm guessing a few more transformations will make it worse. Also rubbed off some black paint from the leg part, but that is fully my fault as I was displaying it on top of a Flightpose stand and the rubber was unfortunately placed on that part. So careful guys if you plan to display using Flightpose. But I still love this toy, and currently in love with Fighter mode!

Wow! It's been almost15 years since yammie's first 19. How quality has stepped up a lot h to an extraordinary level. The new YF-19 has vast improvements. The only way to improve is to go bigger. 1/48

post-92-0-38727800-1397282302_thumb.jpg

Edited by s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d

There has to be something to that Skull Squadron scheme. Even the 30th Anniversary 29 did well with that Fokker scheme. You'd think pretty much any Valk painted like that will do well.

well I was thinking along the lines of minimal paint job that will sell.

Unless, being arcadia, they decide to release a 30th anny colorful version of the 19 ... which would be sitting on top of shop shelves for a very long time...

It is normal that the high speed mode wing hinges droop out of the wing root in Battroid-Mode? That looks really ugly. ^_^

Same sentiments...LOOSE ankles and some small (albeit majorly annoying) paint scratches from going to battroid. What confuses me is that Arcadia did not seem to care/notice this potential paint chip issue after production and simple QC.

Edited by max928

I made ​​a mistake in turning the chest, the 'right after I took the pictures : (

I don't understand what exactly happened, but I hope your valks ok.

So when I was transforming the 19 back to fighter mode I was pulling up the chest from the nose and was so tight that my finger slipped and got sliced open from one of the flaps under the nose that folds in. It now has a stress mark in that flap but at least it's not broken or noticeable, you have to really look close to see it.

As for tightening the feet what you do is extend the feet out so you can see the screws on back of the ankles and on the 2 inside the feet area. You can tighten the ones on the top of the ankle just fine with a Phillips head screw driver. The feet however are harder to get to, look on bottom of the feet and unscrew each foot then you can take off the "foot covers" to make the ankle screws more assessable. Then just tighten the screws and replace the feet. This worked for me, but if you really want to tighten the ankles your going to have to go one step further and knock out 2 pins in the foot to fully take apart the feet and apply glue or whatever on the ball joint to add friction.