Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Sorry guys, I've been out. Amiami offered to pay back only the price of the item via Paypal dispute. Should I go for the full amount? I don't mind paying to ship back but I think they owe me it all.

Glad you got a better resolution from Ami Ami, than what was initially offered in the email.

Are you new to buying overseas?

I don't think I have dealt with defective items with these guys.

But HLJ has been good so far for me. Most of the things I buy I read reviews of first before taking the plunge as I am naturally very paranoid. But since yamato went belly up and now you have to preorder your stuff, you don't have that luxury anymore of waiting until others buy stuff to know how safe it is lol. Since this stuff is getting more expensive this becomes a more heated topic.(ie the way you get treated when items come broken)

Amiami seem to treat people differently depending on how scared you get them which is unusual. Good stores will tell you the policy and just follow it consistently. The wallet rape just to buy even ONE of these things is bad enough, but not getting refund for busted goods is the straw that broke the camel's back. Hopefully by the time VF-0D comes out next year they increase the quality control of the toys. If they want lots of money we will give it to them, just try not to cut too many corners.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just got mine. I got a pink slip in my mailbox saying that no one was home for the delivery this morning, but my mailman was awesome and held onto it and came back around after I got home and delivered it to me along with the regular mail.

After seeing the issues with Kicker's and Mommar's YF-19's, I was anxious to check mine out. I flipped the lids on both boxes and they looked okay to me. Took them both out and transformed them. Aside from a couple things, it pretty much transforms like the VF-19 releases and thus was pretty easy for me to do. There were some sharp edges on the plastic and I managed to slice a layer of skin on my thumb. A true measure of a quality toy ;)

The ankles however are kind of loose and a little hard to get it to stand up straight in battroid. Both of them want to either lean forward or back. On one of them, I can't get the left forearm to slide up the metal piece all the way to the elbow joint and lock in place. I just can't see why. The right arm and both arms on the other one lock in just fine. A bit disappointing, but I guess I know which one is going to stay in fighter mode.

Aside from those issues, it seems pretty good overall. Contrary to the opinions of some others, I actually like the feel of the plastic. It doesn't feel cheap to me.

I can't wait to find some time to panel line and weather them.

Looking forward to the review.

On a scale of 1-10 what would you say this is? (taking the high price into account in the score?)

I feel this is a high 8. There are things like lack of stand (was hoping they would go the sv-51 route there), no magnets, and ankles being balljoints that to me feel like a step back despite all the obvious improvements this has from other releases. Gunpod is missing detail too. Maybe they will fix this for the reissue?

Yes yes you get a lot of extra stuff so they added value, (the detailed pilots being the new gold standard from now on with posable heads) but since it (the extra missiles) never showed up in the anime, it also prices the toy out of the reach of casual fans who probably would have preferred the stand and then be given the option to buy the missiles seperately.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, if HLJ, Hobby search, Nippon Yasan, Anime Export, BBTS and every other retailer you use has closed per-orders on the thing you want and your only option is go through with ordering from amiami or pay triple retail on the after market if the thing even shows up, what do you suggest a person should do? AmiAmi been

Wait...what? :wacko:

Since when has AmiAmi been anyone's LAST alternative on MW? Lately that has been reserved for NY....and I am just referring to Macross stuff since that is all I collect and see others posting about.... :rolleyes:

Ugh, is there some holiday coming up in Japan? I don't think I've ever seen FedEx take this long to ship something out. I requested shipment on the 29th, so that probably delayed things a little, but it went to FedEx on the 31st, and the thing hasn't even left Japan yet.

Nippon Yassan:

Problems of Quality or Non-conformity

In the case of receiving a product that differs with the order (dis-functioning or non-conform), the Buyer must file his claim within 7 business days of receiving the shipment.

Claims shall be sent as Registered Airmail to Nippon-Yasan.com (seriously? :wacko: ) at the aforementioned address, and must include:

- The Buyer's address and identity.

- The references of the product.

- The motivations of the claim.

Product returns shall be done within 7 business days from the attribution of a return identification number by Nippon-Yasan.com Service Center.

In any other case, Nippon-Yasan.com may not proceed in any refund or any exchange of returned products.

All products to be exchanged or refunded shall be returned as Registered Airmail to Nippon-Yasan.com in their original packaging. The products must be complete with all their accessories, as in the original order.

Shipping costs are to be paid by the Buyer.

The Buyer remains responsible for all risks and damage resulting in the return of his shipment.

In the case of non respect of the above procedure, the Buyer may not file any claim for non-conformity or defect of the delivered products.

In other words.....pay with a credit card or via paypal and deal with a refund/exchange through either of those two payment proxies.

I would not deal with Nippon Yassan directly if something similar happened through them.....anyone have any experience with a refund/exchange through NY???

But at least they are not flat out saying you are SOL like AmiAmi!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

By law - Mommar is entitled to a full refund from the seller, not the manufacturer. Mommar, you should get your full shipping cost back since your paying for the item delivered to you. Now that you made a commitment not to keep it, shouldn't you be recovered from that lost? As a matter of fact your losing out extra for shipping back. Had they shipped the wrong item to you, you are not obligated to ship anything back. Being a victim, I doubt Mommar or Kicker would put themselves in a situation where others would feel the same. So spreading scam ideas is really self serving. I'm more concerned about what AmiAmi will do when they get the defective item back.

To me it reads like they're covering their asses. They want to make sure the item is actually damaged as claimed. And that nothing was stolen or withheld when an item is returned. My only concern would be that second to last line about being responsible for all risks and damage upon return because that could be an easy out for them. Otherwise... at least they are stating their methods, however draconian.

HKCollectibles:

Return

Your products are returnable 7 working days after the delivery. Please contact us before returning them, we will provide you a return number.
Return your products by registered post and keep a proof for the sending.
Only returned products with no defect and with package not open will be refund.
You can contact us for any problem by e-mail: return@hkcollectibles.com

What about equal exchange for a defective product received??? Perhaps HKCollectibles can explain?

HOBBY SEARCH:

There is a problem with my item! What should I do?

faq_i_a.gif

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Please contact us with
within a week after arrival of your order. It would be of great help in

understanding exactly what is wrong with the item if some images of the defective parts or wrong items are

attached to the email.

Please contact us directly regarding questions or issues regarding products, such as missing parts or defects.

faq_i_a.gif

We do not accept returns or offer refunds. All sales are final.

:wacko:
:blink:
:wacko:

I usually don't post but this really makes me mad and sad at the same time. I used to work for ebay and my best suggestion is to fully escalate the claim as you are buying a product that is not as described.

You may also want to contact your credit card company and see if you can file a claim with them at the same time. Some credit card companies now have buyer protection polices for online purchases. I really hope you get all of your money back as it is super unfair if you don't.

On a side note, I bought mine form HLJ and it has arrived in mint condition. I haven't transformed my second one yet but I will do so when I get home. My left ankle is super loose on my first one but I assume that this can be fixed. One other small issue is that my shield has already showed signs paint rubbing off just popping it on and off for transformation. Other then that i'm pretty happy with it.

Best of luck!

Edited by IIymij

By law - Mommar is entitled to a full refund from the seller, not the manufacturer. Mommar, you should get your full shipping cost back since your paying for the item delivered to you. Now that you made a commitment not to keep it, shouldn't you be recovered from that lost? As a matter of fact your losing out extra for shipping back. Had they shipped the wrong item to you, you are not obligated to ship anything back. Being a victim, I doubt Mommar or Kicker would put themselves in a situation where others would feel the same. So spreading scam ideas is really self serving. I'm more concerned about what AmiAmi will do when they get the defective item back.

What law where? I'm sure you're a pretty good lawyer but I've been brushing up on my bird law and I'm pretty sure they are not responsible for the costs of return shipping... I think it's even in the PayPal terms of service.

So...uh...to interrupt the currently scheduled return policy updates, I got my last copy from Hobby Search and all appears well.

I think the plastic feels fine and so far my only real complaint (if you can call it that) is about the Fast Packs.

I guess I'll try to transform the one I've opened to Battroid, but for now Fighter mode only.

Glad to see that most others have had "good" to "ok" experiences - would like to see Arcadia succeed with their releases because I like Macross toys (big kid) so my wish is that this thing holds up over time.

-b.

What law where? I'm sure you're a pretty good lawyer but I've been brushing up on my bird law and I'm pretty sure they are not responsible for the costs of return shipping... I think it's even in the PayPal terms of service.

I think a lot of people keep miss-understanding what we're talking about. He's referring to the initial shipping to me. Not the return shipping of the damaged item. There's the price of the original item, the price to ship it to me and the price to ship it back. We're saying I should be compensated for the first two things, not the third one.

As an addendum, while my bitching has taken over a chunk of the topic feel free to post as many pics of your intact 19's as possible. If you have four of them, let's see the squadrons, please.

Edited by Mommar

And how do you even enforce that with a store in an entirely different country?

Edit: ...but yeah, he's refering to the first shipping costs which is technically paid to the logistics company with a possible small margin added on top. Either the buyer loses this or the seller does. The service for shipment is already performed so there's no getting that back from the shipping company unless it was their mistake.

Edited by xrentonx

Not the return shipping but the original cost of shipping. I've filed a claim and was reimbursed for the "full amount" paid. I did need to ship the items back but that was due to the seller sending me an entirely different item ordered.

Paypal is the only law, and they are limited.

For those of you getting mad, well, you signed that you acknowledged thier return procedures when you

Started an account there. Now you're mad you have to follow them?

Who's the real ass here? I'm sorry your toy is broke, it sucks, but it was your choice to buy, your choice to read

The terms of service.

Everyone here knows that people outside of Japan are SOL on returns and refunds, not only by experience of the mass,

But written in every shops terms. Now suddenly you attack them all?

Are you kidding me?

And how do you even enforce that with a store in an entirely different country?

Edit: ...but yeah, he's refering to the first shipping costs which is technically paid to the logistics company with a possible small margin added on top. Either the buyer loses this or the seller does. The service for shipment is already performed so there's no getting that back from the shipping company unless it was their mistake.

Via the proxy payment service that both parties (buyer and seller) have agreed to use to complete transactions....both agree to abide by whatever rules that proxy has in place....

But, yeah.....return shipping is not covered.....the only time that happens is with major league retailers....and they usually are reputable and "big" enough to deal with directly....

Ok--well besides the FAST packs--- which I think we can all agree BLOW chunks, <_<:angry: ...after fiddling around getting tabs locked into where they should be and handling this thing for a while in fighter mode, I guess it's not that bad. It is solid and nothing flops about. I think the "feel" of the plastic just threw me off as opposed to the shiny slick feeling of the Fire Valk and my 19F. I'm gonna try a transformation tonight or tomorrow, and might panel line and do some X-acto knife sticker trimming and placing. In the mean time here's some high res pics I snapped using my good Canon camera. In the last pic you can see the scratches on the front of the cockpit..boooo.... :angry:. Frankly I feel that ALL these little (and big) problems are 100% on Arcadia for releasing this $300 item to the public with BAD QC issues. I don't think I'll be buying any further Acradia Valks. Yamato had it 99.9% down at the end.

post-11393-0-17918200-1396655430_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-45843300-1396655445_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-71574100-1396655468_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-03270700-1396655477_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-29735200-1396655499_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-93235300-1396655515_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-36281500-1396655541_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-43891700-1396655554_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-48811300-1396655578_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Paypal is the only law, and they are limited.

For those of you getting mad, well, you signed that you acknowledged thier return procedures when you

Started an account there. Now you're mad you have to follow them?

Who's the real ass here? I'm sorry your toy is broke, it sucks, but it was your choice to buy, your choice to read

The terms of service.

Everyone here knows that people outside of Japan are SOL on returns and refunds, not only by experience of the mass,

But written in every shops terms. Now suddenly you attack them all?

Are you kidding me?

Totally agree with this.....but it's not all shops (just most of them!)....HLJ is basically the only one that seems to really have a decent, non-convoluted return/refund/exchange/replace policy......

But, perhaps folks seem to forget this....and instead of waiting for "real world" examples of what can happen to you....it might be worth pointing out the policies every now and then......perhaps pin a topic on the "WHERE TO BUY" section?

Ultimately....it is "BUYER BEWARE" and "READ WHAT YOU ARE SIGNING"

Via the proxy payment service that both parties (buyer and seller) have agreed to use to complete transactions....both agree to abide by whatever rules that proxy has in place....

But, yeah.....return shipping is not covered.....the only time that happens is with major league retailers....and they usually are reputable and "big" enough to deal with directly....

Sorry..thread moves fast and is confusing. I was talking about the return shipping in that first sentence. I don't know of many proxies that can enforce a return shipping label.

Wait...what? :wacko:

Since when has AmiAmi been anyone's LAST alternative on MW? Lately that has been reserved for NY....and I am just referring to Macross stuff since that is all I collect and see others posting about.... :rolleyes:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31465&page=32

I do have to give credit to Arcadia, the intakes look really great on this thing.

Who did you buy it from and what method is it supposed to be shipping by?

I got it from NY, paid for it last Friday and i did the one below EMS, air registered.