Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

The key to clearing space is sell all your old crap for new crap. Just keep the best stuff. I recently sold off the old yf-19 since it doesn't look as good to me as this new one. If I had any old VF-0 toys and they make better toys of those I would have done the same.

There are only so many shows they can make toys for and they will reach a limit. I wish arcadia would do some mospeada toys. Anyone remember Beagle Ride Armor? Wouldn't mind they finish off that line.

Then do the Legioss and Tread. Make them made-to-order exclusives like the VF-4 and give them fancy looking boxes like the Toynami robotech masterpiece collection. Bandai isn't going to stop sitting on the Frontier license any time soon.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I recently came back to Macross after a long hiatus. I got frustrated with Yamato's quality and gave up just before the YF-21 came out. Yamato really stepped up their game since then. Too bad they couldn't stay profitable. Bandai also entered the space while I was away. Now that I'm back I've had to drop everything except Macross to stay within my budget.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Not really a fan of the high speed mode; the forward swept wings are what really make the fighter mode stand out. Macross Plus in general, and the YF-19 specifically, were what drew me into Macross back in the 90's, so my anticipation for this version is off-scale high.

If they choose to do a new YF-21, and it kinda follows that they will at some point, I hope they can "match" this in terms of keeping all modes as close as possible to the corresponding lineart/proportions. It's quite the engineering challenge, but I hope they're already formulating solutions. I still wish Kawamori-san had eschewed the belly plate kibble in favor of recesses for the legs to fit into while in fighter. IMHO, it'd been a more elegant design while eliminating large superfluous parts hanging off the legs. But I digress; can't wait for the new YF-19!

Edited by M'Kyuun

Love that the box colours are the accent colours of the 19, because it contrasts well with the valk on the front side. They look like they're having a party there. CANT WAIT!

Their tweet mentioned to not mind the "3rd party" stand in the picture.

Edited by close313

Funny, I always envisioned a lot of automation involved in processing these. The pic def makes it seem more like a garage kit, with human hands lovingly putting them to bed in their packaging until they reach their new owners.

I count 11, possibly 12, of them in that pic; I can't imagine having that many of one valk in the same room. Sucks to be not-rich sometimes.

I feel like watching macross plus all over again.

My memories of it are that it had some great music. And the mind control theme with trance and techno-ish to make people's brainwaves open to suggestion in order to hypnotise the masses is a brilliant plan by the mad scientist.

Don't get why the japanese didn't like it? Is it because in pretty much every single sci fi show they make, they are always optimistic about technology and how it can save us, whereas in american movies it is always trying to enslave us. (ie terminator, robocop, HAL etc?) and they don't like pessimism and dark side of technology in shows?

Some of the stuff in the 80s like Bubble Gum Crisis were great. Then all of a sudden anime went crap.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wish they uploaded videos not still images. Show us a video of them transforming one while making the kaching noise from the animes when the valks change modes.

Well, minus the kaching sounds, I agree I'd love to see one of the transformation demo's Mr. K did.

added to the museum:

BiprMYECIAAtb9o.jpg

That was fast... no Gerwalk love though.

In the process of buying a new car.

Need to cancel one of my two YF-19 preorders, I have one with HLJ and one with AmiAmi, HLJ gives me the best price Y26,568 to AmiAmi's Y28,170. I understand AmiAmi does not accept pre-order cancellations and if you do so they black list your email, there's a sort of loophole in their FAQ, I could just ignore and not pay them and they should automatically cancel my order after a certain period, but will I still get black listed?

Guest davidwhangchoi

I could just ignore and not pay them and they should automatically cancel my order after a certain period, but will I still get black listed?

yes, that's worse than not alerting them.

lol, ok :wacko:

I just feel a little bad because they cut me some slack when I first found their page and mistakenly placed and order trying to get shipping estimates and they were kind enough to let me off with a warning.

Well, had to get blacklisted once in my life. Although, Anime-exports are not too fond of me. :lol: