Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

That 1/72 VF-11B (non-FP version) was a PoS. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a near 100% breakage rate on the hips. It beats out even the cannon fodder 171 on breakage.

So is there any mention on a more specific date or time frame that the YF-19 is going to be released now or is it just that it will be released "early"?

Why don't you want the second one now?

I do have to say while I love the way this thing looks I was just playing with the 19F again and Gerwalk is still a pain in the ass plus transformation is not a lot of fun.

Edited by Mommar

Why don't you want the second one now?

Well to be honest, I initially only wanted one (given the price). But since I had already paid off my Big in Japan order back in October? (they wanted up front payment), that kinda left room for me to acquire a 2nd one (especially since the price was good on HLJ). But would I really need a 2nd one? I suppose I could have 1 in Battoroid mode, and the other in Fighter mode. with all the weapons loadout.

The big problem though, is I already have 2 YF-19s (I believe it's the v1s), so I probably have to sell those off first before I even consider the 2nd one... and this being bumped up to March just kinda put me on the fence haha

Edited by SaitouSad

Guest davidwhangchoi

the total length of the actual will be "34cm". And overall width is "28.5cm". make room and adjust your display cases

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well to be honest, I initially only wanted one (given the price). But since I had already paid off my Big in Japan order back in October? (they wanted up front payment), that kinda left room for me to acquire a 2nd one (especially since the price was good on HLJ). But would I really need a 2nd one? I suppose I could have 1 in Battoroid mode, and the other in Fighter mode. with all the weapons loadout.

The big problem though, is I already have 2 YF-19s (I believe it's the v1s), so I probably have to sell those off first before I even consider the 2nd one... and this being bumped up to March just kinda put me on the fence haha

I have 1 pre-ordered from each of those places as well. I'm thinking I will keep my HLJ pre-order because this version just looks a better than the v1 in all modes, battroid in particular, and thus I will be retiring both of my v1 1/60 YF-19s from my display cabinets once these come in (or at least after I get around to weathering them and such).

Yeah, EVERYBODY's first-mold VF-11 broke. Even sitting MISB it would. VF-0 shoulders have nothing on the early VF-11.

Really? Are you referring to the 1/72 or the latest 1/60 VF11? I was under the impression after reading many pages that the 1/60 VF-11B or C was built solid. I got 2 MISB, should I be worried?

Really? Are you referring to the 1/72 or the latest 1/60 VF11? I was under the impression after reading many pages that the 1/60 VF-11B or C was built solid. I got 2 MISB, should I be worried?

You shouldn't be worried about the 1/60's, all three of mine are rock solid. Either they're talking about the 1/72's or these people have no sense of subtlety in movement.

Though I do wonder if they're in boxes what's the use in worrying?

kinda on the fence about whether I should keep my 2nd order with HLJ. I got it at the sweet Black Friday price of 26,568 yen, and I got my 1st one cheaper at Big in Japan.

The Black Friday price was awesome. For that price I would say keep it. You can display one in fighter and the other in battroid mode. Should be an easy sell if you want to keep it for a while for that price.

You shouldn't be worried about the 1/60's, all three of mine are rock solid. Either they're talking about the 1/72's or these people have no sense of subtlety in movement.

Though I do wonder if they're in boxes what's the use in worrying?

Thanks for the reassurance Mommar. I developed a bad habit of keeping one in MISB and the other for display purposes. I just haven't had the chance to open the other one yet as I'm saving money for a huge display set up for all my valks and 1/6 collection. Tough to save with the purchase 2 mentality.

The Black Friday price was awesome. For that price I would say keep it. You can display one in fighter and the other in battroid mode. Should be an easy sell if you want to keep it for a while for that price.

Thanks for the reassurance Mommar. I developed a bad habit of keeping one in MISB and the other for display purposes. I just haven't had the chance to open the other one yet as I'm saving money for a huge display set up for all my valks and 1/6 collection. Tough to save with the purchase 2 mentality.

I want three of these 19's but I don't want the same paint scheme. I'm holding out hope they'll reuse the molds for other variants.

"First mold" meant exactly that. The 1/60 is far from the first VF-11 toy produced.

That 1/72 VF-11B (non-FP version) was a PoS. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a near 100% breakage rate on the hips. It beats out even the cannon fodder 171 on breakage.

So is there any mention on a more specific date or time frame that the YF-19 is going to be released now or is it just that it will be released "early"?

Hey, 0A, 11 and 171 were cannon fodder crafts, what did you expect??? They were meant to blow to pieces by simply watching at them! :-P

Edited by nexxstrait

Thanks for the advice. I'd like to think that, though I am of the opinion that Macross stuff don't really sell well around my neck of the woods. Anyway, I'll play it by ear as it goes. I'm preparing a whole list of stuff I need to sell off due to lack of space haha :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Always nice to see your pics.

you mean Mr. K's (the yf-19's verision 3 toy engineer designer) :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

you mean Mr. K's (the yf-19's designer) :D

NOT the designer! Though his name starts with a K also... :D

I guess you can say that Mr. K is the head of the Macross toy development team.

Also, the engineer stated that he doesn't like the term "designer" because another K is the only real designer... Kawamori.

hahaha stop looking at his legs :p

i was thinking the same thing :unsure:

Yeah, well, you know, I was looking at the pieces on his lap and one thing took to another... :p

I wouldn't bet that that's him in the picture.. he might have posted one taken by someone else (I hope). :p

It's him. He tweeted he's wearing shorts because it's hot today.

Guest davidwhangchoi

NOT the designer! Though his name starts with a K also... :D

I guess you can say that Mr. K is the head of the Macross toy development team.

Also, the engineer stated that he doesn't like the term "designer" because another K is the only real designer... Kawamori.

opps i meant toy engineer (corrected previous post)

Edited by davidwhangchoi