Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

And I like the color of the tinted canopy. :)

After all these pictures of the new YF-19 I still like the tail fin design of the old 1/60 YF-19 better. That panel that can slide up is great. On the other hand maybe the couldn't make the tail fins movable for high speed mode and slide on a small panel.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not sure what I am looking at, is that the mass production commercial sample?

I don't believe so, I'm presuming it's this sample transformed in battroid

Earlier in this post, Mr. K. Stated they were going to darken the color of the gunpod

1. @ Mrk_arcadia will have the want to see the sample quickly ('â–½ `) Bruno

2. @ Nautilus_su Although I think that the painted sample from a factory becomes by the end of next month...(wait)

Yeah, what alpha one said, this is the old one. Mr. K just posted this tweet few hours ago. hopefully we can see the adjusted colors soon.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Test shot of the new paint (corrections) coming in today... tweeter is asking for a peek. probably wont show till next month...

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/398620938427592704

"My Kawai child's test shot is due to arrive today." My (cute) child's test shot = My baby (yf-19)
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Nice higher res. Thanks for that.

Also, as much as I can get over the intake thickness, I can't get over that knee gap in fighter.. they should really cover that up.

Can the high speed mode be used with the fast pack on? Haven't seen any pictures of the high speed with the fast packs. Most show it removed.

Gunpod still has like 1mm of ground clearance. Way too little to account for QC, aging, lunar cycle, etc. Is it too much to ask it to be LEVEL in fighter mode?

At least it doesn't sit on its main gear door edges like the last one. (though the wheels still only barely protrude past the doors) Did they forget how make extending/retracting main gear struts like on the -21?

For all the improvements, there's a lot of things they seem to have forgotten to fix, and/or did better on previous valks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it's the same resin prototype, Mr. K said they just took the prototype off display at Akihabara SR Hobby Heaven temp for a photoshoot and then put it back...

the redone 19 will be shown later.... he still giving updates of the color changes and painting process at the factory daily on twitter.

he notes that it will be whiter as the DYRL off white but not exactly... hopefully he will give us a sneak peak.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

OMG did you see the gap in Fighter-Mode between the spine in Battroid and the main fuselage? It looks like the 1/72 *canceling preorder*.

I don't see any indication that would prevent high-speed mode with the Super Parts equipped.

I really don't like the idea of a lighter color of this thing. Especially if it is more white then the DYRL? Valkyries. I never imagined the YF-19 in that color. The prototype leans already more to white than the first 1/60 YF-19 does. :unsure:

I think the knee area is pronounced on the YF-19 because of the color contrast (black/dark gray against the beige) the exposed joints where also on the VF-19 but they don't stick out to me that much because my Excalibur has this nice blue color. I think it would blend in better if it where all in the color of the hull but the color difference give some nice highlights. Talking about the joints. Not sure about the sliding covers though. The color is also the reason why the intake lip stands out so much on the YF-19. On the VF-19 it is barely noticeable bu on the prototype it sticks out like a sore thumb.

In my opinion this will be a better toy then the VF-19. Of course this is a biased prediction because this release is more complete (I doubt there will ever be Super Parts for the VF-19) and I like the wings and overall the more blocky design better. The YF-19 looks like a piece of military gear while the VF-19 looks like an anime superhero. Also with the matte finish it will blend in much better into my Yamato collection. ^_^

I dont think the gunpod can be as level as the fighter in this prototype, the battroid's spine on top of the gunpod is almost the same level as the thigh/intake so the gunpod kind of have to be tilted down. I hope they did somewhat improve on this for the final version but not a great concern for me

On the YF-19 the top of the spine is less bulbous than on the VF-19 so in theory the gun-pod should sit more straight than on the Excalibur.

I was just thinking if the gun-pod is the exact same than it was on the VF-19. From the pictures it looks like that the parts between the tip of the gun-pod and the collapsible stock bumps into the crotch plate not into the top of the spine. This would make the collapsible stock rather useless.

One solution would be to place the attachment slot further back towards the hands so that the gun-pod doesn't bump into the crotch plate.

The arms also look much like the one on the VF-19 so it could be that they take them from a VF-19 (as well as the gun-pod) for this prototype and that they change it for the final release...

...but then the gun-pod would aim directly into the fuselage of the plane...

...which makes it pretty much useless since it is the main weapon of the Valkyrie in Fighter-Mode as well...

...but a weapon that is angled downward is useless to...

....what a mess! ^_^

Maybe a redesign of the gun-pod would help where it has an expandable grip that lowers the whole gun. Of course it should be designed in a way where it doesn't look to fragile and the landing gear has to be longer. I was thinking of a block that slides out of the main assembly of the gun so that the grip is fully covered between the arms and the slide out block sits between the main assembly and arms.

Not sure if this is even possible and you have to probably sacrifice the removable magazine of the gun. I dunno I'm not a designer. :)

I still wish that Mr.K adds a protruding part to the LERX in order to cover that gap between air inlets and LERX, make a sleeker profile without a step in front of the air inlet.

That part will hinge together with LERX while transforming.

ubcvu.png

ubd4h.png

Edited by charger69

I don't know how much more color tweaking Arcadia can do to please fans and potential new customers. The pictures that are already posted look fairly anime accurate to me, except for the gunpod which I agree could be a slighlty darker olive drab. Plain white and even the creamy off-white DYRL color brings the wrong shade to my mind. Floral white has a subtle brown tone, and I can see Mr. K trying to match that color to add some pop while getting away from beige.

Hm... Maybe even Old Lace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_white

Edited by technoblue

I think the color can be argued until death.

In the promotional graphics and even the Kawamori art book

one can argue the color of white. Was the tan made by light on Eden.

did Yamato default the color by making it the tan, and now that's cannon?

You'd think a simple email to Kawamori would end debates?

I like the whiter shade, never liked the tan coloring at all.

Plus in the close ups in M+ it looked whiter.

Heh. I always thought the the YF-19 was (edit) cream.. White hasn't even crossed my mind to describe the 19. Maybe just a lighter shade of tan than the current one?

Eitherway, we'll see when pics of the redone one are up.

edit: after looking at technoblue's link, the cream is more of what I see the 19 as.

Edited by Falcon18

You know, as far as the main gear doors are concerned? I don't even think about their clearance, because I've always figured they'd be sticking nearly straight outwards when the plane is actually powered. The doors on the VF-19s will stay that way if you fold them all the way open, and it looks a lot better for door clearance.

I don't know if that happens as much on modern aircraft, but I can think of a few planes where the loss of hydraulic pressure on shutdown lets the gear doors droop, similar to how you see control surfaces go limp when a plane sits on the ground long enough after shutdown.

Doesn't do anything to fix the gunpod sadly, but I think that's pretty much a lost cause with this base design. Unless you start condensing the gullet to Hasegawa levels of sleekness, that gunpod isn't going to be able to sit between the intakes where it's supposed to.

You could just drop down the mount so far that it becomes level, but then the stock would be low enough to drag, even if the barrels are off the ground. I do think part of the problem though is that the collapsing portion of the gun doesn't even collide with the lowest point on the underside.

I still wish that Mr.K adds a protruding part to the LERX in order to cover that gap between air inlets and LERX, make a sleeker profile without a step in front of the air inlet.

That part will hinge together with LERX while transforming.

ubcvu.png

ubd4h.png

That would be a worse idea IMO.

First of all there wouldn't be enough room to transform and rotate the legs in Battroid mode (the new transforming method is quite interesting, BTW):

post-12283-0-13933900-1383932475_thumb.jpg

Secondly, I don't think that this solution improves the aerodynamics of the whole:

post-12283-0-66199700-1383935303_thumb.jpg

And lastly, we find the same situation present in the Bandai VF-25's and fortunately this didn't end up being too annoying.

And lastly, we find the same situation present in the Bandai VF-25's and fortunately this didn't end up being too annoying.

The new VF-25s have a completely different situation, they're not even comparable. If you're talking about the thickness of the separation between the upper secondary intakes and the main leg intakes, it's not sleek by any means, but its still waaay thinner than what we've got here. I'm just so disappointed since they've seemed to get so many things right except this glaring (at least to me) error - it's amazing how smooth and sleek the VF-4G turned out, that I can't see why they couldn't step up and attain that level of finish on this 3rd try.

I'd be willing to be that it's because they used tooling from the VF-19 molds.

Used to lower cost and figured it was achievable.

If they had started it from ground up now, things might be different.

Still, it's small stuff considering the accomplishments.

Also, the VF-4 suffered its own issues only in robot mode.

The arms are a huge thumbs down, but in regard to the rest.

It's still a huge accomplishment in engineering.

Edited by skullmilitia

The new VF-25s have a completely different situation, they're not even comparable. If you're talking about the thickness of the separation between the upper secondary intakes and the main leg intakes, it's not sleek by any means, but its still waaay thinner than what we've got here. I'm just so disappointed since they've seemed to get so many things right except this glaring (at least to me) error - it's amazing how smooth and sleek the VF-4G turned out, that I can't see why they couldn't step up and attain that level of finish on this 3rd try.

Yes, I'm talking about that separation part. Interestingly enough, I have in front of me the Bandai YF-29 Alto custom and the Yamato VF-19 Kai and the Bandai part is in comparison at least as thick as the Yamato one, if not even thicker.

Anyway, I had never paid much attention to that detail in my VF-19's until you and others mentioned it; so although line art accuracy is always preferable, this detail doesn't bother me too much.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i really would like to wait until the factory revision is released. as we are just commenting on the same prototype just in new pics. re: the intake lip thickness. though it's cool seeing the new modes :)

i can't say for sure, but i think it will not be as thick as the prototype and will be like the vf-19 releases at worst.

once the commercial photos are released, i'm sure we'll see some great things.

If the new YF-19 is "off-white" I *will* cancel my pre-order. I absolutely refuse to have its iconic color altered. The YF-19 is creamy-yellow-beige. But not "off-white" or "nearly white".

"If it aint broke dont fix it". The prototypes looked fine---but they were at the upper limit for how "pale" a -19 should be. Any lighter is too light.

I sure hope at least a few tweets tell Mr K something along those lines.

Yeesh, is it too hard to NOT change the aspects people were fine with?

I'd love to see pictures of the final off tool sample myself before committing to a preorder, and the YF-19 always struck me as Ivory in color; the original 1/60 YF-19 was perfect in this regard... make it any version of white, Arcadia, and it's a no sale.

I agree. The colours on the prototype are very nice as it is and accurate enough.

Maybe he's following tweets that are seen as the "majority" that are saying that the prototypes are too dark? I'm curious too if there are anyone who's saying that current colours are good enough.

But still, we will just have to wait till the new sample comes out and hope that it's not too much of a colour change.

This spectrum of color (yellow/light brown) has to be one of the hardest to match. My house is a similar color, and I had to take multiple samples to Home Depot for them to get a color match, and I'd say it's still 10% off from perfect.

Not sure how possible this is, but it would be cool if Arcadia could find out from either Kawamori or from production notes what color they used or intended to be used. They could even scan some original cells to get an idea.

I'd personally like to see it darker, but I have an old SHE model that is quite a bit on the lighter shade and it looks fine to me as well. I think I'll be happy regardless of what they pick.

Edited by Pat S