Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm new to 1/60 YF-19's, last YF-19 I had was the 1/72. Does anyone else kinda HATE the fastpacks? In battroid they fit easy enough, but the leg armors don't seem to go INTO the tab holes, almost like there's a light magnet keeping it on (not for very long, they fall right off). Making fighter mode work with the packs is even more tedious than transforming back to fighter on its own...and the leg armors fall off again...

So I'm new to 1/60 YF-19's, last YF-19 I had was the 1/72. Does anyone else kinda HATE the fastpacks? In battroid they fit easy enough, but the leg armors don't seem to go INTO the tab holes, almost like there's a light magnet keeping it on (not for very long, they fall right off). Making fighter mode work with the packs is even more tedious than transforming back to fighter on its own...and the leg armors fall off again...

I read somewhere that the v2 yamato release had magnets for the pieces. But the latest arcadia restock is just pegs. I might be wrong thoug mine still on PW.

Check anymoon.com jenius have every detail jot down.

I can't help but feel like this should've been the starting price to begin with. :/ Is it just me?

Its not just you. The price of Arcadia's stuff is completely nuts IMO.

Im just happy that Bandai has upped their game because and started outputting high quality at a reasonable price.

As for the arcadia toy, would you consider that to be more of a display piece rather than an actual toy?

Absolutely. Recent Bandai toys are 10x more "fun" to transform and swoosh around with, than recent Arcadias, in my experience. One or two more sales, and I'll be Arcadia/Yamato-free. (just waiting for a true Isamu Bandai -19)

A true isamu yf 19 from bandai would be blessed, though at this point its just rumors and speculation. Also, would the "display piece" moniker also apply to Arcadia's VF 1 offerings?

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read CollectionDX's review of the arcadia yf 19? He seemed to enjoy it and didn't seem to find any grating structural problems unlike anymoon.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2014/yf19_fast_packs

I'm not familiar with that review, but there are a handful of reviews available for Arcadia's YF-19 if you are looking for more than one opinion. The loose ankle issue that jenius notes in his review may not bother everyone, but it is useful information, especially if you have no experience with the previous Yamato *19 Valkyries. Here on the forum, you can do a quick search too, and you will find a number of fixes posted along with some easy workarounds.

• 5 months later...

Apparently this is back in stock at HLJ in case anyone's interested. I happened to come across it while browsing their sale.

http://hlj.com/product/ACA82042/Sci

EDIT:

Also, the rest of the sale: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=WINTERSALE2016DEC9

The ET VF-2SS is there, but the rest are model kits, I think. Mostly Hasegawa.

Edited by kajnrig

Has anyone experienced problems with the joint right behind the intake? When going back to fighter mode it feels like i am going to break the damn leg. On the Arcadia YF-19...

There's a trick to those joints. Because they fold up and down you have a tendancy to try to flip them up and down but it's actually easier to push In toward the intake.

There's a trick to those joints. Because they fold up and down you have a tendancy to try to flip them up and down but it's actually easier to push In toward the intake.

Tried everything and so far still a PITA to do it. I know it is a hinge right after the leg intake, but somehow the ratchet used prevents the leg to go into fighter mode position. I feel I'm going to break it, and I've never broken a single macross toy ever. I may have to disassemble it and see if I can file down the ratchet mexhanism. I tried to return it to HLJ but they had a 10 day return policy BS I wasn't aware of.

I understand it is a hinge, I do push down on it (going to fighter mode), but it is like a rock, and it won't move. Maybe I should repeatedly lose the hinge by doing it several times quickly, but It just wont move. I honestly think this is design flaw. Has anyone else experienced this?

I should have bought that armored VF1S instead, arrtgh. I do already have the old Yammie YF19 and i do love the improvements on this toy, but I hate those intake joints with a passion. The yammie got this part right, lol. My luck...

Edited by vlenhoff

Think it might have something to do with all the interlocks going into the wingroots. I believe there's a tab on the back of the thigh that pegs into the underside of the wingroot, so if your wingroot isn't properly aligned, the thigh isn't going to want to fold back up. (That might be only on the other VF-19 variants though don't remember for sure.)

Also, there are tabs on the torso structure to hold the legs in place, so make sure you aren't catching on one of them. Rotating the legs outward slightly like Jenius mentioned will help avoid that.

The most annoying part for me about the YF-19 transformation though was always getting the wingroots locked back in. The dumb interlock keeping them from rotating unless you pull them out made the entire mechanism a huge step backwards from the Yamato VF-19s.

Think it might have something to do with all the interlocks going into the wingroots. I believe there's a tab on the back of the thigh that pegs into the underside of the wingroot, so if your wingroot isn't properly aligned, the thigh isn't going to want to fold back up. (That might be only on the other VF-19 variants though don't remember for sure.)

Also, there are tabs on the torso structure to hold the legs in place, so make sure you aren't catching on one of them. Rotating the legs outward slightly like Jenius mentioned will help avoid that.

The most annoying part for me about the YF-19 transformation though was always getting the wingroots locked back in. The dumb interlock keeping them from rotating unless you pull them out made the entire mechanism a huge step backwards from the Yamato VF-19s.

No, it's not that. I have the same issue as vlenhoff. I've disassembled the joint to see what's causing it and I think they just angled that last ratchet the wrong way or something. Sometimes I find myself taking that joint apart and putting it back together collapsed because I'm also fearful of breaking it with too much force.

• 3 weeks later...