Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I haven't transformed mine but I noticed a lot of griping about the ankles. What exactly is wrong with them? I remember my VF-19 had pretty loose ankles but I fixed it by disassembling them and applying nail polish inside the ball & socket joint. Is it the same issue?

Yes. From what I've read before it was the same as VF-19 Fire Valkyrie that's why members got so frustrated when it became loose or it's already loose out of the box. I don't have the VF-19 but I could tell that mine is already loose after many times of transformation. It's really loose when it Battroid mode so what I only do is not to extend the ankle during Battroid mode and just set it right properly. In which IMHO, it's better looking. But when in Gerwalk mode, I try to follow what jenius said on this review on the VF-19. Let the ankle rest on the side of the legs. Wihch makes the ankle kinda sturdy. The down part is just when the ankle is resting on one side, the other side of the leg will have bigger gaps.

I would love to fix my YF-19 as well and put some silicon rubber. If only I have the will to open it. Hehehe. :lol:

Well, I feel stupid. I fiddled with it some more and noticed that it matters which legs the gray clips go on. I had them reversed which kept the arms from fitting in the leg grooves. The shield has a downward slope now but I guess that's correct.

You meant the ones on the back of the legs? Yeah. Mr.K and Arcadia noticed their mistakes on not pointing out on the instructions which is the right match for the legs. So you're good to go? Is everything aligned now?

Been away from the Macross collecting game for a long while, but I recently had the opportunity to purchase a YF-19 at an amazing price from a very generous seller. It arrived last Monday, but aside from putting some missiles on (which are totally awesome, btw) I didn't mess with it much. I've been studying this thread all week so I'll try to avoid being too long winded (most everything I want to say has already been said), but I just have to gush about the fighter mode; I cannot believe how it looks now! Such an incredible improvement over the Yamato.

Finally attempted to transform to gerwalk today, and I'm a bit embarrassed at how long it took me, haha. What gave me the most trouble was the gerwalk leg joint just above the main knee joint; for the life of me I could not get that joint to pull out. Watched noeljim's and odeean's transformation videos on youtube repeatedly and I just couldn't understand what I was missing, they made it look so easy but I couldn't do it! I had all but given up when I just kinda pulled downwards lightly in desperation and it came out easy as pie. So obvious to me now, I was pulling back too much and failing to un-tab the tab directly behind the joint -_-. Took me like 30 minutes to come to that realization, I'm so ashamed :lol: . Another point of trouble for me was attaching the shoulder FAST packs, the connection points in the shoulders seemed to be slightly too small (especially on the right shoulder). Eventually got them in and now they attach/detach fairly easily, but I ended up rubbing some black paint off the inside of the right shoulder, grrr. I could tell it was going to happen just by how tight the connection was, but it's impossible for me to have FAST packs and NOT attach them! In hindsight I should have stopped and filed down the connecting peg on the packs a bit, but at least it's a relatively out of the way spot that's easy to touch up. Oh, and I completely agree with the general sentiment that they really should have used magnets for the leg FAST packs.

Those gripes and difficulties aside, gerwalk looks so freakin good! With the FAST packs on and under-wing armaments loaded it is just so cool to me! I love the lines of this valk so much. I want to go for battroid mode, but I think I should study up a bit more before attempting it, haha. I'm also concerned about scuffing the black paint around the cockpit so I want to find a good low-adhesive tape to protect that area beforehand.

Anyways, some shots of my great accomplishment for the day. :lol:

post-197-0-69005500-1407627744_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-67672100-1407629604_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-86633700-1407629629_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-86908500-1407629655_thumb.jpg

Been away from the Macross collecting game for a long while, but I recently had the opportunity to purchase a YF-19 at an amazing price from a very generous seller. It arrived last Monday, but aside from putting some missiles on (which are totally awesome, btw) I didn't mess with it much. I've been studying this thread all week so I'll try to avoid being too long winded (most everything I want to say has already been said), but I just have to gush about the fighter mode; I cannot believe how it looks now! Such an incredible improvement over the Yamato.

Finally attempted to transform to gerwalk today, and I'm a bit embarrassed at how long it took me, haha. What gave me the most trouble was the gerwalk leg joint just above the main knee joint; for the life of me I could not get that joint to pull out. Watched noeljim's and odeean's transformation videos on youtube repeatedly and I just couldn't understand what I was missing, they made it look so easy but I couldn't do it! I had all but given up when I just kinda pulled downwards lightly in desperation and it came out easy as pie. So obvious to me now, I was pulling back too much and failing to un-tab the tab directly behind the joint -_-. Took me like 30 minutes to come to that realization, I'm so ashamed :lol: . Another point of trouble for me was attaching the shoulder FAST packs, the connection points in the shoulders seemed to be slightly too small (especially on the right shoulder). Eventually got them in and now they attach/detach fairly easily, but I ended up rubbing some black paint off the inside of the right shoulder, grrr. I could tell it was going to happen just by how tight the connection was, but it's impossible for me to have FAST packs and NOT attach them! In hindsight I should have stopped and filed down the connecting peg on the packs a bit, but at least it's a relatively out of the way spot that's easy to touch up. Oh, and I completely agree with the general sentiment that they really should have used magnets for the leg FAST packs.

Those gripes and difficulties aside, gerwalk looks so freakin good! With the FAST packs on and under-wing armaments loaded it is just so cool to me! I love the lines of this valk so much. I want to go for battroid mode, but I think I should study up a bit more before attempting it, haha. I'm also concerned about scuffing the black paint around the cockpit so I want to find a good low-adhesive tape to protect that area beforehand.

attachicon.gif114.jpg

attachicon.gif134.jpg

attachicon.gif142.jpg

attachicon.gif159.jpg

This is why they should do official transformation vids for every toy before release. They WANT us to wreck our toys so we buy 3 of them after we accidenally break them apart when we forget the exact steps to take to put it into different modes.

There are some lazy guys o this board that buy 1 toy for each mode because they can't be bothered transforming them lol Maybe by making it so complex to figure out instead of simpler they have figured out how to double and triple sales. lol

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

This is why they should do official transformation vids for every toy before release. They WANT us to wreck our toys so we buy 3 of them after we accidenally break them apart when we forget the exact steps to take to put it into different modes.

There are some lazy guys o this board that buy 1 toy for each mode because they can't be bothered transforming them lol Maybe by making it so complex to figure out instead of simpler they have figured out how to double and triple sales. lol

It's not "lazy" if you actually like the look of a valk in all three modes and want to pose them in each mode.

Lazy for buying multiples to display? That's truly rich.

Happy to hear that this is back in stock at HLJ, those that want one can get what for the most part is a solid release and I hope this bodes well for Arcadia with regards to sales/profit.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82042/Sci

-b.

attachicon.gif114.jpg

attachicon.gif134.jpg

attachicon.gif142.jpg

attachicon.gif159.jpg

You're the second one to call me 'noeljim'. it's just noeljm. But switching the E with 3. Hahaha! :lol: I'm glad that my video post helped you on transforming your YF-19. After all that hiccups, it will be just a walk in the park when you transform yours again. Let me tell you a secret, I wrecked my YF-21 thigh for 6-7 hours just by transforming him. Only to learn that I didn't pushed properly the knee joints. Price to pay on buying expensive transforming toys. Hehehe. :lol:

Anyways, great photos and enjoy your YF-19. Pray also that Arcadia will revisit again the YF-21. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks, Mommar!

You're the second one to call me 'noeljim'. it's just noeljm. But switching the E with 3. Hahaha! :lol: I'm glad that my video post helped you on transforming your YF-19. After all that hiccups, it will be just a walk in the park when you transform yours again. Let me tell you a secret, I wrecked my YF-21 thigh for 6-7 hours just by transforming him. Only to learn that I didn't pushed properly the knee joints. Price to pay on buying expensive transforming toys. Hehehe. :lol:

Anyways, great photos and enjoy your YF-19. Pray also that Arcadia will revisit again the YF-21. ;)

That's what I said, noeljim! Wait a sec... haha, I'm sorry noeljm, I think my brain just automatically puts an 'i' in between 'j' and 'm' when I see the letters together in a name. Even just now I had to spend a good few seconds staring at your post trying to figure out what I did wrong, haha.

And thank you very much for the transformation video, it was really a great help. It's such a shame that Youtube muted it, even clicking sounds can be useful because then I can listen for how many clicks a certain part was moved or something. I did have the Macross Plus OST disc loaded during my whole ordeal yesterday, so it was almost like watching your original un-muted video, though!

I think Yamato's 1/60 YF-21/VF-22 mold was already pretty great (though I also struggled with the transformation, haha), I bought all three VF-22s but I never bought the YF-21 because I didn't want to have it without a good YF-19 to accompany it. Really regretting that decision now :(. I'd be okay with a straight reissue by Arcadia, and it would maybe allow them to keep the cost closer to the original Yamato price. If they can somehow improve the YF-21 to the same degree they did with the YF-19 though, I'd happily open the wallet for that!

post-197-0-24880700-1407703176_thumb.jpg

You're welcome Keiichi. ^_^ I felt bad that after all that audio editing on the video it still recognized by their filters. Anyways, glad that it helped out on transforming yours.

As for the YF-21, I also wish that Arcadia will go back to their drawing board and reengineer it again for renewal release. Make the proportion right somehow by beefing up the legs and make the thigh parts solid for transformation. I'm sure everyone will be happy and excited. ;)

Btw, nice worm's-eye view shot.

Edited by no3ljm

Nope! I know I wasn't the only one to "ding" it a bit during the first transformation. It is WAY too easy to get the "forward gullet" piece to position itself incorrectly in many different ways. And the plastic gets so thin there that even tiny bumps will "round off" the edges and scrape some paint.

I caught this little QC issue last week and finally got around to fixing it. Testors Flat Black enamel paint pen, and some isoprobyl alcohol.

pCfsjSbl.jpg

8EtItKIl.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guest davidwhangchoi

I caught this little QC issue last week and finally got around to fixing it. Testors Flat Black enamel paint pen, and some isoprobyl alcohol.

maybe it was put on reversed during assembly? i heard the yf-19, many parts were glued so i haven't tried taking it apart. but for the vf-1 1/60's it was easy to disassemble around below the intakes legs.

(i had a vt-1 that had a part that wasn't fully attached to the joint correctly, it was an easy fix to take apart and re-attach correctly.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

maybe it was put on reversed during assembly? i heard the yf-19, many parts were glued so i haven't tried taking it apart. but for the vf-1 1/60's it was easy to disassemble around below the intakes legs.

(i had a vt-1 that had a part that wasn't fully attached to the joint correctly, it was an easy fix to take apart and re-attach correctly.)

Nope. There is a groove where the paint is suppose to go. No need to take anything apart. I just removed the error and repainted.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nope. There is a groove where the paint is suppose to go. No need to take anything apart. I just removed the error and repainted.

yeah, i just took out my bird and see it. (couldn't see the line in the photo) that's sucks that arcadia did that. good think you know how to remove paint and repaint. i would've just left it and been sad...

yeah, i just took out my bird and see it. (couldn't see the line in the photo) that's sucks that arcadia did that. good think you know how to remove paint and repaint. i would've just left it and been sad...

It would have bothered me to my grave. I can't stand that sort if thing. Easy fix.

Pardon if this has been asked before, but how do I go about fixing the crooked head/neck on the YF-19? From what I've read, this seems to be an issue in most (if not all) copies of this toy. I saw some members state that they've disassembled the head and straightened it out, but I can't seem to pull the head apart without risk of breaking something.

It depends on whether you mean that the head appears angled, or just off center. I haven't seen a case where the head leans at an angle to one side or another, so I can't really offer any advice there.

If the head just looks like it is shifted sideways though, that might be an easy fix. The way the head is mounted gives it a little room to slide from side to side. You might be able to just (very) carefully slide the head sideways on its mount, without disassembling anything.

Just be very careful and gentle with it, since I'm not sure if this sideways motion is a just a flaw on mine. It might not want to budge, so don't force it. I'll try to take a look later to see where exactly the sliding motion happens, but I think it is between the head and the neck pivot.

It leans at an angle. It's more noticeable when looking at the back of the head while it's stored in fighter mode, and comparing it with the neck. Right now I'm forced to use the optional neck cover just so that it's somewhat less conspicuous. I'd like to take a pic and show you exactly, but I've never figured out how to post pictures on this site without having to attach them as files or uploading them to a website and linking from there (I have no registration at any of those sites).

Oh, and aside from the tilted head, did anyone have an issue with the Gerwalk joint? On my copy, one of the ratchets on these joints is so hard to collapse. It folds out easily enough, but trying to collapse back for the final ratchet feels like I'm gonna break it. Even though I try putting in more pressure than I've ever used on any other Macross toy, it still won't budge. Right now, the only solution I have is to take the hip apart at that joint and reposition it in the collapsed position before putting it back together. But of course it's a real hassle to have to do it every time. I've tried shaving off a bit of the plastic on the separate "ratchet lock piece", but I'm worried that if I overdo it and shave it off incorrectly, I'll end up rendering the entire ratchet system loose or useless.

Edited by ArchieNov

Mine has the tilted head. Haven't been able to fix it yet.

As for GERWALK joint---yup, common issue. I shaved like three times and it's still too tight to retract easily. So I wouldn't worry too much aboutmaking it too loose on a first attempt. Just don't do like several full millimeters for your first time.