Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have someone who will attend the event, but refuses to go super early and wait in line. So I figure I have maybe a 1/2% chance of getting a set lol.

me too.

Any one else having issues with securing the YF-19 to the stand mounting clip? Have had it on display in Gerwalk for the past months and noticed it's tilted on me... front right tab just doesn't want to secure it so it tilts backwards on the Arcadia VF-1S stand... Tried spreading the weight but may as well tie a cement block on the front to even it out

Any one else having issues with securing the YF-19 to the stand mounting clip? Have had it on display in Gerwalk for the past months and noticed it's tilted on me... front right tab just doesn't want to secure it so it tilts backwards on the Arcadia VF-1S stand... Tried spreading the weight but may as well tie a cement block on the front to even it out

You have to tilt it at an upward or downward angle. No way the 19 can be level. The centre of gravity is near the back of the plane so where the adapter is attached to the plane won't level it.

Mess around with tilting and you'll get it. I've got mine on the stand in fighter.

It was posed in the nose down angle, resorted to putting it back in fighter mode with the landing gear down... Gave up trying to have it so the tabs of the adapter would be holding it. No way was it even holding in fighter mode. Flight pose stand sort it instead maybe?

So is it against the rules to ask about the possibility of recasting these? considering MrK has said these will absolutely not be mass released because

they were unable to aquire the Frontier license, even for the 19's packs.

absolutely against the rules... In fact it was T-Rex that asked me to stop recasting their side cover parts from the GBP that led to that rule... lol. That led to me making my own...

Don't see why that would even be necessary, I'm sure some of the folks on this board could make them from scratch, offer up a printing, or just make a set of shapeways parts.

This is absolutely true also. The fact that people can make their own parts really makes straight recasts unnecessary and another good reason to have the no recasts rule. It also protects the kit makers on this site.

I believe that there will be 40... 20 of each color. But that's just a guess... I haven't seen an official announcement.

They most likely will sell out in the first five minutes aggravating an untold number of japanese fans who were unable to get one.

It's not good to aggravate your fans but whatever do I know?

And also I have come to the conclusion that it had been much better if Arcadia had made a mold to produce the VF-19EF instead of a new version of the YF-19 which probably everyone who wanted one have one already.

Just my two cents, folks.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

If people are upset about not being able to get the T-Rex parts (and I'm sure they will be) that should be mitigated by knowing that T-Rex isn't the one who decided how many to make. Wonderfest grants licenses to garage kit builders so they can sell an extremely limited number of officially licensed products. I think that number is capped at 20 (but I could definitely be wrong there). T-Rex can only sell as many as their very temporary and exclusive WF license will allow.

I would disagree on the 19EF. Historically the sales of these toys have gone hand-in-hand with how heroic the character was. The 19EF has almost no existing fan base where Isamu was the lead of an OVA. True, there was an existing toy, but it hadn't aged well and just about everyone who could afford to upgrade did and the toy doesn't appear destined for bargain bins so it's probably considered a success.

I agree. No reason to get upset since the limited license is determined by WF and not the TREX guys. I think most Japanese fans realize this. I'd rather these exist in their current limited capacity than have them not exist at all. At least I can live vicariously through pictures and SOMEONE is enjoying them. :)

If people are upset about not being able to get the T-Rex parts (and I'm sure they will be) that should be mitigated by knowing that T-Rex isn't the one who decided how many to make. Wonderfest grants licenses to garage kit builders so they can sell an extremely limited number of officially licensed products. I think that number is capped at 20 (but I could definitely be wrong there). T-Rex can only sell as many as their very temporary and exclusive WF license will allow.

I would disagree on the 19EF. Historically the sales of these toys have gone hand-in-hand with how heroic the character was. The 19EF has almost no existing fan base where Isamu was the lead of an OVA. True, there was an existing toy, but it hadn't aged well and just about everyone who could afford to upgrade did and the toy doesn't appear destined for bargain bins so it's probably considered a success.

I agree. No reason to get upset since the limited license is determined by WF and not the TREX guys. I think most Japanese fans realize this. I'd rather these exist in their current limited capacity than have them not exist at all. At least I can live vicariously through pictures and SOMEONE is enjoying them. :)

+1

Ha ha, I even said this the other day to someone on the boards that may or may not be able to secure a set for themselves.

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the best I can do, and it just doesn't look right.

attachicon.gif449.jpgattachicon.gif450.jpg

Maybe you might want to try and rotate the legs inward from the thigh area since the legs are too far away from the arms. I know the peg from the leg is not inserted on the back part when the Fast Packs are attached. But looking at your pictures shows how big the gap is from the legs to the shield.

Here's a side view photo I posted months ago. Check if yours is like this. Thigh one-click lower. Leg is raised to meet the shoulder and fast pack tabs.

IMG_4291_zps2bef83cd.jpg

There shouldn't be big gap from the leg towards the arm/shield area. If you accomplished this then you're all set. Hope that helps. ;)

IMG_4288_zps76a5a2a9.jpg

I haven't transformed mine but I noticed a lot of griping about the ankles. What exactly is wrong with them? I remember my VF-19 had pretty loose ankles but I fixed it by disassembling them and applying nail polish inside the ball & socket joint. Is it the same issue?