Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Yeah, way not transformed correct. I'm willing to wager it's because that nose cone section isn't pushed in all the way, that makes clipping the chest area down harder, if not impossible, and it's obvious that the lower section isn't sitting/connecting correct.

Yeah, way not transformed correct. I'm willing to wager it's because that nose cone section isn't pushed in all the way, that makes clipping the chest area down harder, if not impossible, and it's obvious that the lower section isn't sitting/connecting correct.

Actually that part kinda scary, since I wasnt too sure if the nose-cone supposed to snap in, or the red-lights are supposed to collapse, allowing clearance into the bottom of the chest. Luckily what I did was right. Again, the manual did not say anything about snapping the nosecone in...

I'm not really sure, the 17 is far more dangerous.

maybe the manual that came with the 19 is partly useless..(some steps are OK, some are "what? how did you get to that step?") they should do a transformation video and post it on their website. Shouldnt be too hard for them I would guess.

Edited by aaajin

I have the rubs on the black around the cockpit from battroid transformation. Good thing I bought one for battroid and one for fighter. I somehow got some scratches under the nose as well. uggg well Im sure those were my fault but Im still not happy about the loose ankle and hips.

Makes me scared to transform. Maybe I'll put on some cotton gloves like Mr K to do the transformation. :p

I'm not really sure, the 17 is far more dangerous.

I have said it before, every "good" toy requires a blood sacrifice.

Hey anime52k8, could you post pics on how to tighten the ankle on the YF-19 for all of us? Thanks.

Hi guys, my 19's ankle have gone so loose that it can no longer stand. Does anyone have pics of how to tighten it? I can't seem to be able to take it apart. thx

I have the rubs on the black around the cockpit from battroid transformation. Good thing I bought one for battroid and one for fighter. I somehow got some scratches under the nose as well. uggg well Im sure those were my fault but Im still not happy about the loose ankle and hips.

I recently noticed that on my 19 as well. It's very faint right now, but I'm guessing a few more transformations will make it worse. Also rubbed off some black paint from the leg part, but that is fully my fault as I was displaying it on top of a Flightpose stand and the rubber was unfortunately placed on that part. So careful guys if you plan to display using Flightpose. But I still love this toy, and currently in love with Fighter mode!

well I was thinking along the lines of minimal paint job that will sell.

Unless, being arcadia, they decide to release a 30th anny colorful version of the 19 ... which would be sitting on top of shop shelves for a very long time...

Same sentiments...LOOSE ankles and some small (albeit majorly annoying) paint scratches from going to battroid. What confuses me is that Arcadia did not seem to care/notice this potential paint chip issue after production and simple QC.

Edited by max928

I made ​​a mistake in turning the chest, the 'right after I took the pictures : (

I don't understand what exactly happened, but I hope your valks ok.

So when I was transforming the 19 back to fighter mode I was pulling up the chest from the nose and was so tight that my finger slipped and got sliced open from one of the flaps under the nose that folds in. It now has a stress mark in that flap but at least it's not broken or noticeable, you have to really look close to see it.

As for tightening the feet what you do is extend the feet out so you can see the screws on back of the ankles and on the 2 inside the feet area. You can tighten the ones on the top of the ankle just fine with a Phillips head screw driver. The feet however are harder to get to, look on bottom of the feet and unscrew each foot then you can take off the "foot covers" to make the ankle screws more assessable. Then just tighten the screws and replace the feet. This worked for me, but if you really want to tighten the ankles your going to have to go one step further and knock out 2 pins in the foot to fully take apart the feet and apply glue or whatever on the ball joint to add friction.

For those who are having trouble with the Fastpack, did you guys put the spacer/additional Fastpack piece on the back of the thigh? It locks the leg to the shoulder pad in fighter mode and makes life so much easier.

IMG_3076_zpsca66810f.jpg

Edited by Actar

The shoulders locking isn't really the problem, though they do tend to be a llittle difficult to line up correctly with the slots in the lower legs.

I think most of the fast pack problems I've heard of come from the leg packs, which really don't have anything solid to hold them into the legs. One of mine is completely rock solid, and the tabs are the perfect fit for the leg slots, but the other acts like the tabs are tapered, and while I can press them in, they squeeze themselves back out of the slots immediately.

What I did notice is that the little ridges inside the holes on the legs are not very consistently sized. Some are nearly invisible, others are larger, and look like they're going to push the tabs back out. Not to mention.. they're painted black, and pushing the packs in tends to scrape that paint off. It really might just be that how well the packs stay in will depend on how much paint got in those slots.

I don't understand what exactly happened, but I hope your valks ok.

So when I was transforming the 19 back to fighter mode I was pulling up the chest from the nose and was so tight that my finger slipped and got sliced open from one of the flaps under the nose that folds in. It now has a stress mark in that flap but at least it's not broken or noticeable, you have to really look close to see it.

As for tightening the feet what you do is extend the feet out so you can see the screws on back of the ankles and on the 2 inside the feet area. You can tighten the ones on the top of the ankle just fine with a Phillips head screw driver. The feet however are harder to get to, look on bottom of the feet and unscrew each foot then you can take off the "foot covers" to make the ankle screws more assessable. Then just tighten the screws and replace the feet. This worked for me, but if you really want to tighten the ankles your going to have to go one step further and knock out 2 pins in the foot to fully take apart the feet and apply glue or whatever on the ball joint to add friction.

yes my valk it's perfect, i don't transform perfect in first time ;)

Yeah, I had a heck of a time with the fast packs in fighter mode and gave up. Only to remember the the spacers a few minutes later and thought they might be the missing link. Lo an behold, once I put them on, perfect fit in fighter mode!

I've got one in fighter and one in battroid. No major transformation issues, even without looking at the instructions or a video. Though, I did miss the sliding hinge on the nose cone and forgot to pull the shoulder covers down. I think the ankles aren't really lose, you just have balance them and set the feet in a solid position.

Ok, for those interested, I removed the Made in China and Copyright information markings on the underside of the wings. Rubbing Alcohol works, but you really have to rub it with a paper towel, but the time I got it all off, I made a tiny little shiny spot (took away the rough semi-gloss plastic texture). I also tried Lacquer thinner, that works too, melts the ink, but because of the textured plastic, removing the stained melted ink took lots of wipes and it "stained the texture" a tiny bit. I used an eraser to rub away the stain, but the time I got rid of any stains, I created a tiny spot that was a little bit shinier than the rest of the matte plastic. So the end result was about the same. I will clear coat the whole bird after I decal and weather it, so that will go away after that process. I do notice that this plastic does seem cheaper, slightly more swirls when you look at it in different light.

Why the heck does Yamato/Arcadia insist on mounting the stand mount so far forward away from the center of gravity of the toy?! It could be better hidden under the toy and create less stress on the stands when its further back. I just don't get their thought process, its already a bulky non-elegant solution to have this claw, it really can be adapted to be anywhere.

Edited by wm cheng

Finally picked up both of mine from usps an hour ago! One from hlj and one from Amiami..only had time to take them out and inspect for obvious damage but both are perfect so far. Will have a trip report when I have time to transform and inspect more thoroughly :)