Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

By law - Mommar is entitled to a full refund from the seller, not the manufacturer. Mommar, you should get your full shipping cost back since your paying for the item delivered to you. Now that you made a commitment not to keep it, shouldn't you be recovered from that lost? As a matter of fact your losing out extra for shipping back. Had they shipped the wrong item to you, you are not obligated to ship anything back. Being a victim, I doubt Mommar or Kicker would put themselves in a situation where others would feel the same. So spreading scam ideas is really self serving. I'm more concerned about what AmiAmi will do when they get the defective item back.

Luckily this can be resolved the usual way. I wouldn't pay for shipping either. It's their fault. You are right on that. I don't think anyone disagrees that scams are self-serving. But at least he would have a non-damaged product. If you ran a business like that I would do everything in my power to get compensated by actually doing something not whining. I don't give a crap about where you are from or what your politicians think is ok. lol

And if the law says "nyah nyah-nyah nyah nyaaah, you can't get me" just because you are living in a different geographical location, I will bend the rules to my advantage if I have to.

eg So big business like HLJ doesn't even want to check stock before shippig it out to you to see if it is damaged despite how expensive these toys are?? OK FINE. No problem :) But then if someone exchanges a damaged one for the good one, and says it came damaged, then that attitude hits you (the big business who doesn't care about his customer's peace of mind) right back in your face. :p You won't know if the stock you sent out was in perfect condition. :p Do you see how laziness can bites them back in the bum now?

The hurt to a big business of 1 little toy who can actually get supplies of replacement parts isn't going to be nearly as bad to the hurt to a poor guy who can't afford to lose that much and is told that he should just be happy with a broken item.

The way I see it, it's a "lesser of two evils" thing. If you are a victim you don't have the luxury of being a white knight.

And you can say but "HLJ wasn't at fault, keep them out of it" and yeah ok that's true. But if you are a regular customer the amount you spent over the lifetime would far exceed the amount they lose. In the long term it's about relationships. You got to care about the people you sell stuff to. If they say "but but but that's not our usual policy I don't have to do that" you can say "just make an exception for me this time." If they really care about you, they should do it. The items you purchase are expensive. It's worth the time to check. Maybe you can even offer to pay them for the labour/time to open the box up and verify that it isn't a cracked piece of crap instead of shipping it without checking. If they have to change their policy then do it for goodness sakes. You care for us, we will care for you. Relationship goes both way.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Sounds like you're projecting the bad qualities on hlj here. I would consider these stores small business anyway.

Edited by xrentonx

FYI on people having issues getting the fastpacks on in fighter. What worked for me was to folllow a suggestion a few pages back...

1) Attach the shoulder fast pack pieces. Make sure to move the sliding arm on the fast pack part into the top position. You probably need to move the leg down to get the pack to mate up.

2) Pull the leg down being careful to not hurt the wing peg.

3) Attach the leg fast pack parts by lining up the long peg at the rear and the small peg at the front to their respective slots on the YF-19 leg. Be sure to check clearances to the stabilizer wing on the foot, press down firmly, but don't break pegs or anything. Check to see if the fast pack is secure. If not, line up the holes again and re-seat firmly.

4) Move the leg back into fighter position (leave one click open on the first joint by the intake). The position should match up the wing peg to the hole in the fast pack, and the arm fast pack lines up with the slots on the back of the legs.

5) Secure the leg in place by moving it so that the shoulder and fast fastpack parts can be clipped into place.

A note about this though, the plane is quite a bit less tight feeling with the fast packs on. When the toy is in regular fighter mode, it feels pretty tight and sturdy to me. Much less so with the fastpacks.

I'm more impressed after playing around with it today.

Edited by Pat S

Mommar this is the response I got from them through PayPal

amiami denied request for a ¥32,039 JPY refund.

4/4/2014 17:35 PDT

From Seller - amiami4/4/2014 17:35 PDT

Hello. We are sorry to hear about the problem with your item. Your item had the broken part inside the box which indicates it was broken during shipment. Please understand that items can still be damaged even if the outer shipping box is intact.

From Seller - amiami4/4/2014 17:44 PDT

For example, if a parcel were dropped flat on its side, the box will show very little if any damage at all compared to if it were dropped on a corner which would cause the corner to be visibly flattened. However in either scenario, the contents inside the parcel will still absorb the shock from the drop and possibly cause damage.

Our store is unfortunately unable to assume responsibility for items damaged during shipment. Because your order was shipped via EMS, it is entitled to damage compensation and we would encourage you to file a damage report at your local post office. We would not ask you to do this if we did not believe the item were damaged during shipment.

While this damage obviously occured during shipment (our logistics staff would not miss obvious damage such as a wing part clearly broken off and rattling inside the packaging), if you are still unwilling to file a damage report at your local post office then we can process a refund for the merchandise price (28170 JPY) if you return the item to our store. Please understand however that we cannot reimburse any shipping costs.

Please be advised that we will not be able to process any orders on your account until this dispute is closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Suggestions? So why am I paying for both shipping?

I got it from NY, paid for it last Friday and i did the one below EMS, air registered.

What? I never even got that option (I would prefer Registered SAL) - when I pre-ordered it, it only allowed EMS at NY and it was expensive EMS at that at 5,400Y. I also paid last Friday morning, and its still says its in Japan today (Dispatch from outward office of exchange). How long is EMS supposed to be anyways? :(

Hmm, well that's different from mine.

amiami denied request for a ¥32,310 JPY refund.

4/4/2014 00:37 PDT

From Seller - amiami

4/4/2014 00:37 PDT

Hello. We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our offer for a partial refund. If you would like a refund for the merchandise price (28170 JPY), please return the item to our store. The refund will be processed upon receipt of the returned item.

From Seller - amiami

4/4/2014 00:38 PDT

We are unfortunately unable to reimburse any return shipping costs.

Furthermore, we are unable to process any orders on your account while this dispute is open. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I would argue, given the location of the chunk of wing, that it wasn't broken in transit. It's interesting how different each of our responses are.

I'm still trying to figure out if Paypal would back me if I pressed for the full ¥32,310 amount.

My YF-19 arrived from Hobby Search, everything appears to ok.

That's a great pic, man.

So I got curious about everyone disliking the Fast Packs. I decided to try them out on the broken one just to see. The leg fast packs attache horribly and are designed poorly, I will agree. However, it took me all of two minutes to pop the legs down, attach the leg packs, attach the shoulder pieces and fold it all back up. Other than semi-loose feeling leg packs it holds together great.

Edited by Mommar

Press them, Kicker. They already agreed to the refund so press for the shipping costs. Worst they can do now is only refund the item. Let them know you can't eat the cost of shipping both ways.

Edit: figured they'd say something like that about the shipping box landing flat on it's side. Most of the time that type of fall causes the box to accordian a little though...depends on how sturdy the box is.

Edited by xrentonx

Mine is is going through customs right now. The wait is killing me!!!!

AFIP is going to kill you! :lol:

Man, I really wish there was a pack-less, missile-less option. Would have cut the price and frustration by a lot.

And then there would've been a lot of people frustrated by the lack of gimmicks. I guess it's not easy to please everyone.

Trying to get this guy back into gerwalk mode and am having a very hard time getting the gerwalk leg joint to extend. Is there some sort of release or trick I'm missing?

The wing root has a lip that attaches to the leg, if it's still straight, the gerwalk joint won't work.

See, this is why I am afraid to transform things for the very first time without a video guide.

Mr.k should have done one prior to release like he usually does so we don't need to guess. You feel like you will wreck something when transforming this because everything is tight on mine. You get scared that you might be doing something wrong or something. After your first transformation everything is easy from there on.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Trying to get this guy back into gerwalk mode and am having a very hard time getting the gerwalk leg joint to extend. Is there some sort of release or trick I'm missing?

Stiffest joint on the figure, in my experience.

PS----is it just me, or does the leg-missile gimmick seem "mis-aligned"? As in, you can't "just open it up", or it'll pop the wings out from the legs---you have to either very carefully and slowly finagle it along all the hinge-points, doing like a 3-point or 4-point turn (out then down then rotate then move back up), to get it to open up enough to have the missile positioned "with nothing in the way of being launched out forwards"---without popping the wings out. Or you kinda have to do like you do for the nose/canopy----pop the wings apart, open the panel, then plug the wings back in.

All in all, it seems kinda pointless---the leg-panel doesn't open easily in fighter mode (not without popping apart the wings etc)--which is the only mode it's supposed to be used in!

It's not a "play feature" IMHO if it doesn't really "work right"----surely I'm not the only one who expected it would easily and freely open and close in fighter mode? It's like if they just moved the hinge-point 1mm down it'd all work fine---but as it is---it's going to get in the way of the wings almost every time. Such a nuisance to get to work that I'll rarely do it.

In the anime it doesn't even open that way.

I actually don't recall seeing the legs open at all. It was the FAST pack launching the big missile, not the leg itself, IIRC. I should watch Plus (or at least the YF-19 parts) tonight...

I think we all discussed this before, and that it's simply just Animmagic.

I do think this.. YF-19 should be considered a "Completed and painted model kit", Because that's what it feels like.
There really isn't a "toy" feeling to this at all. You have to take care of it, just like a transforming model kit.

Unlike the VF-19's which feel solid, heavy and more toy like.

It has been quite a while since i last posted.

but i have been following the topic ever now and then as i have ordered the YF-19 from HLJ on the black friday sale.

Thanks for the great price HLJ! =)

When i saw the pictures for the prototype, i thought :" there isnt much differences between yamato and arcadia" i nearly wanted to cancel the preoder.

But luckily i did not.

When i received my HLJ Yf-19 Arcadia yesterday, i had a quick look.

My tail fin had fallen off! Oh my God!! I nearly had a shock. but luckily the fin is able to be fixed back.

I took the valkyrie out for a closer look and examination.

There are tons of differences, namely the articulation! i have love for mechas which is able to move with human like articulation.

The YF-19 from arcadia is able to do a lot of poses which the yamato yf-19 isn't able to do.

The pilot is much more detail and more better then the yamato YF-19 pilot.

The missile hatches, the extra seats and the yang newman pilot figure is so much better.

but of course, there is more diecast included.

I didn't really looked at the manual while i transform from valkyrie to battleroid and back.

the transformation was easy, and i felt it was more anime like then then old yf-19.

of course it included the parts like extra missiles, the fold booster frame, and e.t.c

this made the YF-19 more comprehensive.

the overall YF-19 was much sleeker then the old one.

the joints are very tight, but not too tight till the risk of breaking them.

The arcadia YF-19 is more to a model then a toy honestly.

but you would not fear breaking them unless you exert too much force while transforming them.

I compared to my YF-29 isamu type and found the yf-19 is so much nicer then the YF-29 that i decided i will only keep the YF-19.

so off my YF-29 goes to the sale bin. ( If any one is keen do let me know, be selling it at a cheaper price for MW members )

personally after the VF-4G, i hadn't had any valks that excited me then the arcadia YF-19!

i felt the engineering process for VF-4G and YF-19 are very similar, for example, i can find similarities in VF-4G knee covers, and YF-19 knee covers.

the Metal components found in the YF-19 and VF-4G are almost similar, the design concept are very similar

As the YF-19 is selling like hot cakes, i think it wont be long till the valkyrie is completely gone like the VF-4G.

I also notice that the defects are found in alot of products, i felt sorry for the members who had gotten the defect products and wish them all the best in getting the matter resolve.

But again, i hope that they are able to resolve the issues, and get the complete trouble free item which they can enjoy the valkyrie like how i did for my valkyrie today. the experience is totally heavenly.

Yamato's VF-19 more solid, i think. Arcadia used too thin plastic in some yf-19's parts (like landing gear doors). I'd bought this toy, but $300 for it - it's too much, cuz Yamatos's quality is better. And WTF?! So much missiles and w/o stand?! Frustrating...

I think we all discussed this before, and that it's simply just Animmagic.

I do think this.. YF-19 should be considered a "Completed and painted model kit", Because that's what it feels like.

There really isn't a "toy" feeling to this at all. You have to take care of it, just like a transforming model kit.

Unlike the VF-19's which feel solid, heavy and more toy like.

See, I just gotta disagree with you man. It feels fine to me, though a different texture to the VF's to be sure. I actually find the weight, size and texture hugely satisfying.