Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

i like that uncolored version, it would go perfectly with any colored valks.

There is currently no colored or uncolored version. The renderings are just for reference. At this point it is whatever color I print it in. I am currently printing them in metallic silver.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Yep, just got mine in as well, and I must say, it's a beauty. To address a couple of the people who hit the panic button when a piece of lint flies past their face, it's a solid toy. I've inspected mine, and there seems to be no issues with mine. The feet shouldn't be a problem unless you absolutely have to extend, and keep the feet extended, and the color of the diecast parts and plastic is uniform throughout.

I did try the fold booster Yang, and alas, he's quite larger than the new version, and barely fits in the rear seat. The rear canopy doesn't close all the way with him in the back seat, so, unless you trim the part where he sits, he won't fit back there. I may end up doing that, as I like that version much better.

Guest davidwhangchoi

awesome, i just paid for my other two i have two coming ems and two in the warehouse. today the yen to usd ratio was good

Do tell please, once modeled up are these going up for sale? I would love to get a hold of these.

Just printing them for myself right now. If there is enough interest and support I would be willing to get these manufactured somehow.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Just printing them for myself right now. If there is enough interest and support I woulcbe willing to get these manufactured somehow.

Nice, cause people like me have all the valkyries, but not enough stands lol.

I usually use a dark grey or grey for panel lining, too me it looks more realistic as black can be too strong a contrast?

I also do it after applying markings as those also weather.

Thanks, what do you use for the lining?

Really, Mr K wanted to keep costs down by not including the arm cannon or fold booster, but instead gave us a dozen sets of underwing missiles that were never seen on-screen? I'd trade all the missiles for either one of the seen-in-use things...

So after about 10 minutes of hands-on time with mine I can agree with everyone about this just being a work of art.

I also see where people might have issues like those that pipedream had with the nosecone locking properly in place. I had to make sure everything was aligned just right so it'd lock. That's not to say that his didn't have an actual problem that needed to be fixed, but I can see it being a common enough 'issue', especially as folks get used to this Valk.

I'm more of a Fighter Mode guy so I'm in no rush to transform this to Battroid now, or ever (if an arm cannon gets released then I will change my tune).

@ChaoticYeti - make those stands buddy, they are really nice and I'd be willing to support the project with a purchase or two.

Now back to my YF-19!

-b.

Really, Mr K wanted to keep costs down by not including the arm cannon or fold booster, but instead gave us a dozen sets of underwing missiles that were never seen on-screen? I'd trade all the missiles for either one of the seen-in-use things...

Quoted for great truth. I just don't even like the underwing armaments on this Valkyrie. They seem out of place to me.

I still can't get over how they get such a beefy looking Battroid more from a sleek looking fighter even though the FireValk has been out for a wile now. Someone needs to go slap a v.2 1/60 to the v.1's engineer's face and yell "You see!?!"

Anyone try the original mounting parts for the fold booster? I wonder if they work still. I have one displayed in a case right now on my Max 22S and can't be assed to take it out. I ordered another Fold booster set the other day and it won't show up for maybe another couple of days. I am still waiting on my YF-19's too. They seemed to clear customs a bit slower this time around.

[...] I did try the fold booster Yang, and alas, he's quite larger than the new version, and barely fits in the rear seat. The rear canopy doesn't close all the way with him in the back seat, so, unless you trim the part where he sits, he won't fit back there. I may end up doing that, as I like that version much better.

Or maybe you could just swap heads? It'd be easier and not necessarily permanent.

Wait a minute---did they not even scribe in the lines for the grey markings on the upper intakes?!?! It would have been an easy five-minute job to paint them if so, (they're on the CAD drawings!), but if they're not molded in at all---that'd be a darn difficult thing to mask with symmetrical angles on each side, etc. :( (plus it'd be 10x more likely to scrape/scratch off over time, vs having a nice recessed panel line surroundin the edges)

Guest davidwhangchoi

What do you guys wanna see it my video review?

Anything specific?

i guess a good transformation video would be cool.