Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's what I thought too... taken in isolation, I think it looks worst. However everything else looks better (except for the glossy finish).

i have to say after looking at amiami's blog picture of the intake thickness vs. the new T-2 photo, the T-2 intake lips look thinner.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's still the same resin prototype, it's full of paint scratches (look a the biceps, the wing root connectors, the leg connectors). The canopy is not translucentent, the gunpod is still the lighter shade one.

The production sample is going to have a tighter fit.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

This is shaping up to be a really nice valk; certainly light years ahead of the V1 YF19. The intake lip thickness does stand out a bit in some of the close-up photos, but then again, so much attention has been drawn to this small detail (IMO) that I can't help but actively go looking for it. I think that once you have this valk in your hands, that small detail will effectively blur amongst the rest of the design elements that are pretty much bang on.

On another note, that Isamu figure is arguably the best looking pilot figure to date and it reminds me of the 1:48 Stealth/LowVis pilot in terms of sculpt and detail. Superb.

Whether you like the new design or not, I have to say that I definitely like the business approach to design and release of this valk, in that we've essentially been included every step of the way in being provided with ongoing design photos and the sort. Pretty cool way to keep everyone in the loop (for good or ill) and build that excitement factor prior to release date. Well done Arcadia.

For some reason, the more pics I see, the less excited I get about this release. I think it has to do with the battroid pics. The proportions don't look right to me. I know it's mostly the same as the VF-19S which I love, but I guess that was fine because M7 animated their mecha to look bulky while in Plus I seem to recall they're animated to look sleeker.

For some reason, the more pics I see, the less excited I get about this release. I think it has to do with the battroid pics. The proportions don't look right to me. I know it's mostly the same as the VF-19S which I love, but I guess that was fine because M7 animated their mecha to look bulky while in Plus I seem to recall they're animated to look sleeker.

The V2 is the answer for skinny and elongated torso.

In that case you should watch the OVA and/or movie again.

In that case you should watch the OVA and/or movie again.

With all due respect, watching the OVA again just reinforces the off proportions of the toy's battroid mode. Just take a look at the fight between Isamu and Guld during the trial run and you'll notice that the YF-19's proportions make it look taller and slimmer.

Anyway, I was just stating my opinion.

With all due respect, watching the OVA again just reinforces the off proportions of the toy's battroid mode. Just take a look at the fight between Isamu and Guld during the trial run and you'll notice that the YF-19's proportions make it look taller and slimmer.

I think it's very subjective if that is the case. The YF-19 always appears short and bulky to me in battroide mode but skinny & sleek in fighter mode. This is the reason that most sculptors find it difficult to make it in 3D on transforming toys or models.

640px-YF-21-YF-19-Plus-2-Na.jpg

If you don't like the way it looks that's fine. Arguing it doesn't look like one scene or another won't work though. The animation throughout isn't accurate with itself from scene to scene. The closest you could come to "accurate" or "official" is the lineart from something like This Is Animation Special, etc... and in that case the Battroid mode is shown as being more stubby like this toy is (and even still, the toy is lanky compared to that lineart.)

If it's the same as on the VF-19 (and ALMOST everything else is), then they are the tabs that lock into the lower chest module when in Fighter. They do not connect to the forearms because in Fighter the forearms are positioned lower along the legs.

I saw this guy down at the Volks in Akihabara last weekend and it looks amazing. I really wanted to see the missile bays in the legs. It has the feature but with the fastpacks on the bird, you cannot use them. I am so excited for this valk. It looks tight and the color is great and the wing hardpoint really add some bulk and cool factor the valk. Also the model is not glossy but flat.