Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is it a sign of anything? I mean, hopefully this bodes well, but how do we actually know?

it says sold out currently... on twitter arcadia stated that it was unexpected demand that they reopened a second time for reservation slots and that closed out before as well. this is the third time they opened slots that closed. i think it could be a positive sign for the company and give them an early indication of the numbers for "the built to orders"

--snip--

I assume if Macross was a Saturday morning television show phenomenon then Arcadia would never be able to produce any toys at all because Bandai would grab the license and never let it go (or, god beware, HG and Toynami would produce merchandise that is worse then retail TFs).

It is a walk on the razor's edge basically. Now the older Macross shows are not very recognized which allows small companies to make excellent but pricey collectibles for the few fans that value the quality of the pieces over the price. The alternative would be a lot of o.k. toys for kids and a collector line (dare I say Toynami Masterpiece?) that brings once in a while some old beloved character back. I'm not even sure that it would work that way for Macross because in the TF universe the cast will mostly stay the same. *hugs Rodimus Convoy*

So I prefer the small collector fan base and I love the quality of the toys but it is dangerous when the products are as expensive as the new YF-19 because then the market might be too small to make a profit out of it. I don't know how merchandise would look like if Macross where like Transformers but I have to say when I held my first TF Masterpiece in hands I was a little shocked and disappointed about the quality of the toy. My first high end Macross toy was (and is) pure joy having it in my collection.

I assume if Macross was a Saturday morning television show phenomenon then Arcadia would never be able to produce any toys at all because Bandai would grab the license and never let it go (or, god beware, HG and Toynami would produce merchandise that is worse then retail TFs).

It is a walk on the razor's edge basically. Now the older Macross shows are not very recognized which allows small companies to make excellent but pricey collectibles for the few fans that value the quality of the pieces over the price. The alternative would be a lot of o.k. toys for kids and a collector line (dare I say Toynami Masterpiece?) that brings once in a while some old beloved character back. I'm not even sure that it would work that way for Macross because in the TF universe the cast will mostly stay the same. *hugs Rodimus Convoy*

So I prefer the small collector fan base and I love the quality of the toys but it is dangerous when the products are as expensive as the new YF-19 because then the market might be too small to make a profit out of it. I don't know how merchandise would look like if Macross where like Transformers but I have to say when I held my first TF Masterpiece in hands I was a little shocked and disappointed about the quality of the toy. My first high end Macross toy was (and is) pure joy having it in my collection.

This... and This... and This...

+1 +1 +1

Did Yamato ever acknowledge the joint problem before they went bust? It's not something that's widespread and not something many would notice. I honestly did not know about this problem until it got mentioned here because I rarely leave my 19's in gerwalk.

Time for someone to ask MrK about it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok, I'll get back to asking questions!

thanks! we got some good info from the questions. (except your interpretations of mistranslations... you can leave that out. lol)

i'm wondering about the feet as well...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

for those who like digging for every tidibit of info about the upcoming yf-19 esp if you're one who shelled 300+ to pre-order,

the yf-19 developer's diary has been updated yesterday. i didn't post... figured someone would since we got a lot of hawks watching twitter.

http://arcadia.ac/yf19/diary/02/index.php

even if you don't have a translator take a look at the pictures.

• discussing about the hiding the gap between the knee solutions

photo01.jpgphoto02.jpg

• the color DATA shown in illustrations on the 19 and the process discussed to find the correct shade and adjustments

photo05.jpgphoto06.jpg

• first release of the 19 to the public shared in diary (Wonder Festival July 2013)

photo07.jpg

• upcoming in the future: the diary will have test shots photos of the 19 w/ adjustments to the color
Edited by davidwhangchoi

I find it interesting in attempt to close the dark gap in the knee joint in fighter they've elected to us a black plastic tab. The overall effect doesn't seem to actually fix anything. It would make more sense to color that tab tan like the rest of fighter.

I find it interesting in attempt to close the dark gap in the knee joint in fighter they've elected to us a black plastic tab. The overall effect doesn't seem to actually fix anything. It would make more sense to color that tab tan like the rest of fighter.

Can't really say it any better than that. Make that piece tan!

(or beige) ;)