Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

The 21/22 could use better knee and ankle joints. Any other fixes are purely based on impossible anime-magic really.

Like wise for the 11. Maybe fix/give more articulation to the shoulder and elbow joints plus tighten up the knees. Unless they can come up with some way to tweak the tail fins to be larger for some of you (personally I think they're fine) there isn't anything to change on the 11 either.

I understand the desire for a new and improved VF-0 line. The original was perfect in terms of line-art accuracy, but it was a limp noodle in terms of fit and posability, and with disintegrating upper arms/shoulder parts; but unless Arcadia goes into it with the intent of producing the VF-0D variant in Shin's and CF colors, and Roy's Armor add-on, I'd just as soon they didn't bother, and instead focus on producing stuff we haven't seen in toy form before: VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-9, VF-14, SDF-1 TV, VF-2SS, VF-2JA, etc.

Edited by mechaninac

Well, if they do wind up going for the VF-0D, it would be nice to maximize the mold usage and make the others again. Thing is.. the problems with the previous VF-0s weren't really design related at all, just purely engineering and materials. Even if they do make a new version of each, I can't really see myself buying them, because they really shouldn't look any different.

Same goes for the YF-21 really.. I can see them improving a few things, but the engineering and technology generational gap between the existing YF-21 and now isn't anything like the one that exists between the old YF-19 and this one.

I mean, I'm all for producing more Macross stuff, but I don't know how much more I will buy... (probably all of it.. eventually.. but still. :p )

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do the VF-0D, especially since Mr. K. said that was one he wanted to take a crack at, and if they do that one, it's pretty much a given they'll do the others in the VF-0 line as well. I agree about the VF-0's appearance, there really doesn't need to be anything changed sculpt wise, but it would be nice if the panel lines were a bit finer...

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

VF-0D seems likely to me as well. Probably the most logical new mold to come next

For me it's the way to go, I hate missing out on a release because I did not pre-order. It's a double edged sword though as far as pricing is concerned. Sometimes if a release sits a bit it gets cheaper over time, but the gamble is just that, you could miss something waiting for it to be cheaper lol.

Yea, I've had this happen too many times already lol.

...So what are the chances of a 19ACTIVE after this?

The Yamato YF-19 air inlets are fixed to a bigger piece behind/ontop of them. The Arcadia YF-19 has these pieces separate, and may have separated these pieces to give more poseability in battloid, and adding material to the top may kill that extra flexibility.

Yes, and a bit of an eyesore in fighter mode. But the rest of it looks perfect.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but figured I'd post this here since people here have talked about both NY and Big in Japan.

I thought it was strange that these 2 entities appeared to share the same email and to a certain degree, the same shopping cart template (though they seem to have different terms and conditions).

After paying for my VF-25G Super Parts order, I got a Order Confirmation mail from NY with the header "[big in Japan] Order confirmation"
So I guess these 2 are related.. or perhaps even the same company?

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, though this is news to me.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. But what's with NY having the Big in Japan header in their email order confirmation title? It's so bizarre

i read some where that sometime NY to fill preorder they order form other store as the stock that they get is short ....

I understand the desire for a new and improved VF-0 line. The original was perfect in terms of line-art accuracy, but it was a limp noodle in terms of fit and posability, and with disintegrating upper arms/shoulder parts; but unless Arcadia goes into it with the intent of producing the VF-0D variant in Shin's and CF colors, and Roy's Armor add-on, I'd just as soon they didn't bother, and instead focus on producing stuff we haven't seen in toy form before: VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-9, VF-14, SDF-1 TV, VF-2SS, VF-2JA, etc.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do the VF-0D, especially since Mr. K. said that was one he wanted to take a crack at, and if they do that one, it's pretty much a given they'll do the others in the VF-0 line as well. I agree about the VF-0's appearance, there really doesn't need to be anything changed sculpt wise, but it would be nice if the panel lines were a bit finer...

-Kyp

You never know how much they can improve until you see the new product. Maybe they have some new ideas about the way the legs are being moved into their position (the VF-0 had the same die-cast leg bar than the VF-1 V2 no?). Also maybe they do the Reactive Armor and need to redo the mold so it can be attached.

As a new company Arcadia needs some solid first releases.

You never know how much they can improve until you see the new product. Maybe they have some new ideas about the way the legs are being moved into their position (the VF-0 had the same die-cast leg bar than the VF-1 V2 no?). Also maybe they do the Reactive Armor and need to redo the mold so it can be attached.

As a new company Arcadia needs some solid first releases. so they make enough money to justify new and risky developments such as the VF-9, VF-5000.

As I said before on the board I would love to see a VF-1 V3 instead of a straight reissue with some of the features of Bandais model kit version. Maybe with a cockpit that can transform too.

To bring this post back on track (somehow). The Macross Plus line can be improved. For the YF-21 I can see an integrated,swappable canopy cover, transformable legs and collapsible backpack to make them more line-art accurate in Gerwalk- and Battroid-Mode, and better concealed feet in Fighter-Mode in addition to the obvious stuff like lockable landing gear and wings.

The VF-11 can be tweaked too. Maybe they can make the chest more recessed and make the whole Battroid-Mode more dynamic looking but I guess a reissue would be ok.

i read some where that sometime NY to fill preorder they order form other store as the stock that they get is short ....

If I'm not mistaken, this is because the two sites have the same solution e-buissness: http://www.clicboutic.com/

Thanks. Iancalot's explanation does sound plausible. Maybe I should just drop them a note to ask them about it haha

ok, enough de-railing on my part. Just thought I'd share that weird occurence

Thanks. Iancalot's explanation does sound plausible. Maybe I should just drop them a note to ask them about it haha

ok, enough de-railing on my part. Just thought I'd share that weird occurence

Also Nin-Nin have a similar interface too! It's a conspiracy by the french!

Now that we have the retooled and improved YF-19, will we see the same treatment being done for the YF-21 and VF-11B?

It's very likely to see the retooled YF-21, both Yamato YF-19 and YF-21 were the generation 2 toy line like the 1/48 VF-1. The VF-11B on the other hand is their generation 3 toy line, which is the first toy they released before the V2 VF-1, so they have the same built and quality, which I don't think they will retool the VF-11B.

For some reasons the VF-0 from Yamato never look right to me, they kinda have the 1/48 VF-1 syndrome with huge nose and bulky legs. I believe the VF-0 should have slimmer legs like the V2 VF-1 when Arcadia comes to rework it.

I thought the YF-21 was at least one generation later than the YF-19, if only because the molding quality was so different.

Grouped by molding quality, the YF-19, 1/48 VF-1, and VF-0 all felt very similar. I'm trying to remember the order things were announced/released, but the YF-21 and SV-51 were also similar, and came just before the V2 VF-1, so I tend to group those toegether.

But anyway, yeah. That YF-19 can't come soon enough. :p

I thought the YF-21 was at least one generation later than the YF-19, if only because the molding quality was so different.

Grouped by molding quality, the YF-19, 1/48 VF-1, and VF-0 all felt very similar. I'm trying to remember the order things were announced/released, but the YF-21 and SV-51 were also similar, and came just before the V2 VF-1, so I tend to group those toegether.

But anyway, yeah. That YF-19 can't come soon enough. :p

The 21 is in the same generation as the 19, apparently the 11B is the first toy built by new factory with new engineering back then right before the V2 VF-1. Yamato's website used to have a special page for that stories.

I think the 21 was also the last to use those terrible thick double layer stickers. The destroids, VF-1's, and the VF-11 that came after all used the current style of stickers we got until Yamato's final release.

So is the Arcadia stuff the same type of stickers, waterslide decals, or dry transfers?

Seriously... why the high price on the YF-19?

Can someone explain this to me?

Completely new mold and prototype costs.

Paying the design team to make that new mold and engineer the transformation changes.

crap tons of accessories, super parts, and extras.

Toys don't just crap themselves out of a hole. Somebody has to be paid to make things like this.

Edited by Gakken85

Add to what has already been mentioned the economic realities of higher labor cost, higher tooling cost, higher energy prices, higher production line rental/ownership cost, higher price of raw materials like die-cast alloys, plastics, paint, printing, etc., as well as the increased cost of a myriad other large and small factors; coupled with the need to make a sizable profit margin to make the venture worth their time and effort, specially given the small production runs that niche properties get, and you begin to realize that this YF-19 could not help but be one hell of an expensive date.

It is that expensive, and then some. Ever since the VF-19s, prices for Yamato, and now Arcadia, 1/60 VFs have been getting more and more out of reach of anyone but serious collectors with, at least, adequate disposable income; the VF-4G was just the worst offender, and now the YF-19 is pushing the envelope of what we as consumers are willing to pay... apparently Arcadia has not yet hit the price point at which everyone except the truly committed just throws up their hands and say "FU Arcadia, you can keep it". Even people as frugal as I consider myself, make excuses, justifications, adjustments in order to explain why a hunk of plastic and die-cast, regardless of how impressive it may look, can be worth around $300+ after shipping; and I'm as guilty of this self-delusion as everyone else... I too talked myself into purchasing one VF-4G after initially balking at the MSRP (and did not regret it, but still think it was way too much), and, although I have not yet preordered the new YF-19, I find myself giving it serious consideration while still trying not to choke at the price.

I see what you're saying, but honestly, with 1/6 figures hitting 275$ for a glorified GIJoe figure with lights

Does a full transformable, painted, assembled and fully articulated model of an aircraft sound crazy at the same price?

When people are paying near 400$ for 1/6 scale accessories, I don't see how 300$ for a PE YF-19 with full payload

Is expensive. It is relative though, 300$ to me is mid level to me. I consider 500$ to be the upper tier for collectibles.

If a 1/60 Monster came out at 500$ it would be a pondering piece.

The one's complaining Arcadia are getting greedy, have you ever run a business that creates and sells highly engineered... well, anything? Do you know what the actual costs are? Some of you seem to think you know what these toys should be priced at but I'm waiting for the all encompassing explanation how and why a business could and should be charging less. Just the opinion, "it should be cheaper" means nothing. It's what they deemed the market could bare and what they could make a profit at. If they couldn't make a profit or the market couldn't bare it they wouldn't make it at all. You wouldn't have anything to complain about then, but then again you wouldn't have anything to buy either and that would be it.

And, really, I think they did hear that the VF-4 was too expensive. People thought it was cool (and it is, I'm glad I have my two) but that it was a lot of money for just a Valk. So they can't really charge less for such fancy pieces of engineering. What to do then? Well, charge the same as the VF-4 but include a whole wealth of extras as incentive.

Edited by Mommar