Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

• after the Macross (sdf-1) we got seven molds in the system plus the vf-1 and due to company confidential (obviously i cannot reveal, i think he put's Top Gun like joke in there or i'm just misreading, if i reveal it to you then i'm going to have to delete it )

Haha -- he could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.

Interesting -- when he says "plus the vf-1", does he mean that the vf-1 is included in the seven, or in addition to? I would normally assume that latter, but it's possible the translation could have gotten it wrong. In any case, it seems that they acquired the molds for the VF-1, the SDF Macross, plus 6-7 additional toys.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Hmmm? Transformation issues??

tfybr.png

But we are again going to have a pointy intake edges like Ver1. and loosing thick image from lineart...

The Yamato YF-19 air inlets are fixed to a bigger piece behind/ontop of them. The Arcadia YF-19 has these pieces separate, and may have separated these pieces to give more poseability in battloid, and adding material to the top may kill that extra flexibility.

These are my guesses so far for the molds Arcadia got from Yamato

1-VF-1

2-VF-19

3-VF-17

4-VF-4

5-Yf-21/Vf-22

6-VF-11

7-

I'm stumped on the last one. I doubt it's the VF-0 as the rumors of a new mold being created for that valk. I'd also be surprised if it's the sv-51.

just going to put the rest of the highlights up:

• VF2SS is an area off limits (nothing ever really 100% off limits) but that's it for now
  • VF-14 is successor to the vf-4 and i would live to do that bc it is close to me.
  • after the Macross (sdf-1) we got seven molds in the system plus the vf-1 and due to company confidential (obviously i cannot reveal, i think he put's Top Gun like joke in there or i'm just misreading, if i reveal it to you then i'm going to have to delete it )
  • someone wants the 21 but i can't make out what he says but it's prob something like he'd like to get to it...
  • then some askes about tips for the next and he says you want a tip like this? "Is it a rare aircraft"
  • Last, a poster tweets read the blog comments on the dedicated yf-19 site and comments on the intake:
  • the poster comment he understands the compromises mentioning the masterfiles.

Sucks about the VF-2SS. Honestly thought we were close to getting it after the Vf-4 came out.

1-VF-1

2-VF-19

3-VF-17

4-VF-4

5-Yf-21/Vf-22

6-VF-11

7-

I'm stumped on the last one. I doubt it's the VF-0 as the rumors of a new mold being created for that valk. I'd also be surprised if it's the sv-51.

Sucks about the VF-2SS. Honestly thought we were close to getting it after the Vf-4 came out.

I'm not a toy design/manufacturing expert, but do you think it might be possible that Arcadia acquired molds for toys they were planning on redesigning anyway? Perhaps they intended to use them for reference purposes?

First, for the topic. I've noticed a few times the torso isn't dark like in the lineart... but that's honestly completely impossible to do on a transforming toy. I'm not sure a clip on would really make it look any better. As far as that lip on the intake is concerned I understand what the problem is and I even agree to a certain extent but it's already set in stone and this YF-19 is TONS better than the old one. I'm going to choose to be happy about it. I don't think, for me personally, it's going to be much of a bother once the whole thing is assembled but I'm not going to sit and stare at that part in all of the photos either. Obsessing never helps. On the other hand some of those-head on pics look PERFECT with the intake the way it is (or so good I don't care.) One idea I had to fixing it, and there may be zero space to do this, would be to have a little portion of plastic recessed into the upper intake you can pull down with a tab... but that could have other catastrophic effects and not look good either. Just another concept to throw in there though.

Second, we don't really know how they define the "molds." Like, is there really much of a difference between the VF-19F/S/P/Kai to warrant calling it more than one mold? Or the 21/22?

I still believe this "rare" craft is the 0D. It's been hinted at by both insiders on this message board, teased in early YF-19 pics by Mr. K and Mr. K himself admitted it's one he's wanted to make.

It would have been wise for them to obtain those molds upon absorbing Yamato, since those are Yamato's properties. Moreover, obtaining them prevents them from falling into someone else's hands. The knockoff business is already booming; there's no sense in feeding the competition.

1-VF-1

2-VF-19

3-VF-17

4-VF-4

5-Yf-21/Vf-22

6-VF-11

7-

Did I understood wrong or is It 7 molds plus the vf-1? In that case you are actually missing 2.

Some more info summary from Mr.K's tweet. (Some already mentioned, but with correction now) - My Japanese isn't perfect either. So please feel free to add correction.

• Next item : It can be considered as 'rare' item
  • It's probably 'a man's dream' (Romance) to make a new item. but how should I convince the others..( -_-; ;)
  • I need to make clear about YF-21 as well. However, previous YF-21 was also my project, so it would be a while to get back to it.
  • For the mold: we have 1/60 VF-1 series and Macross7 series in the company. Also we have Macross Ship (so they say.. -_-;; I'll delete this post if I get yelled at..)
  • For VF-2SS ; It's also a choice to put your eye on the areas that you shouldn't.. (probably means low profit)
  • For 'Cutlas' (VF-9) ; Many request out there. Too compact in fighter mode - so it will be difficult to make a battroid with reasonable volume (which is usual problem) That doesn't mean it's in the works.
  • Thank you for making YF-19 soldout on official webshop. I think pre-order will re-open, but people got money~.. (joke)
Edited by kyekye

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some more info summary from Mr.K's tweet. (Some already mentioned, but with correction now) - My Japanese isn't perfect either. So please feel free to add correction.

• For the mold: we have 1/60 VF-1 series and Macross7 series in the company. Also we have Macross Ship (so they say.. -_-;; I'll delete this post if I get yelled at..)

ty, kyekye, i totally screwed up on "Macross 7" series molds. It's great to have you to clear up:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So SDF-1 will come back! Probably at least a reissue and then TV version?

Honestly the intake lip is minimal of a complaint, looking at how amazing the rest turned out.

Does that mean no VF-4???

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does that mean no VF-4???

they definitely have the vf-4, to make sense of the conversation: the order of the tweets were:

vf-9 it's too tiny in fight and decent in battroid

some guy tweets do the vf-14 vampire

Mr. K. is like that's what i love, vf-4 is close to me so i want to do it's successor the vf-14

then Mr. K continuing successor talks then talks about the current molds they have, vf-1 series and M7 (i misread this part. paraphrased auto translator.) series. the Macross SDF-1.

for reference: this was the order of the actual tweets below auto translated (faulty)

1. ~ Demand Cutlass I could go often. The ~ I'm not a Battroid moderate volume Fighter and too compact that even if you have delusion? Well, Although it is wall to hit ... always. Oh, it 'does not mean you are in progress.

2. @ Mrk_arcadia demand Cutlass's a lot I do because it is forward swept wing? (Big soliloquy) that VF-14 is want you to commercialization personally

3. @ E_Y_a_M_a Whoa. Vampire! ! ~ I'm good. To enter the upper level of love my body! ! ... Hmmm, I wonder what you can not .... I'm located close to the VF-4 is ... VF-14. I want to do!

4. @ Mrk_arcadia originally is because it is the successor to the VF-4. The mold such as the Yamato period, what is going on now By the way ... but I thought Erugazorun and I wonder if does not go out in the Yamato someday?

5. @ E_Y_a_M_a Oh, it was true. Successor. ~ But Zorn from there I wonder tough. I can not say because I think or confidential element for mold. There are seven in our system and 1/60VF-1 system. After Macross ship. · You are told you then - I will delete it if you get mad (sweat).

Four fifty-six AM - 10 Oct 13 - Details
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Got my pre-order on HLJ ,yeesh 300 big ones, that more than the original. Actually that how much I paid for the VF-17D with Fast Packs, and this 19 comes with missiles, I knew wasn't seeing things when this guy Fumitake posted photos of the 19 on my Flickr group page

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

My guess for the next one is either the vf-5000 star mirage or vb-3, though I do like the idea of a vf-0d. Back on topic, I like the blue tinted canopy vs clear. I guess I just have to wait till I see the YF-19 in person in its final form to decide if I like it or not.

He's not saying Macross 7 series, he's saying besides the VF-1 and the "Macross" aka SDF-1 they have seven other Yamato molds.

Originally he said they only got the newer molds. So that means VF-1, ( weather that includes the D, the E and The T remains to be seen) the VF-4, VF-19, VF-17, and...? I'm guess in the other molds include the V variants.

There's no way they will bother with a VF-11, they were both shelf warmers.

He's not saying Macross 7 series, he's saying besides the VF-1 and the "Macross" aka SDF-1 they have seven other Yamato molds.

Originally he said they only got the newer molds. So that means VF-1, ( weather that includes the D, the E and The T remains to be seen) the VF-4, VF-19, VF-17, and...? I'm guess in the other molds include the V variants.

That's what I take it to mean too.

Here is original quote from Mr.K.

"金型については社外秘要素かと思うので言えません。 1/60VF-1系7系は弊社にあります。あとマクロス艦。 ・・・って言ってるし(汗) 怒られたら削除しますね~。"

I'm 100% sure he meant Macross7 series. Any other Japanese reader can confirm.

Awesome to hear they have the SDF-1 mold. I'm shocked there aren't a whole bunch being listed on eBay right now by people who know they'll be able to pick up a reissue later and make a quick buck now.

I'd be pretty surprised if we see a VF-17 again, seemed like that one was just as much a dud as the VF-11 toys.

It seems like a VF-0 renewal is the next NEW mold we'll get. In the meantime it sounds like we can expect lots of reissues which is cool by me. I do think it's funny the official stance is that they won't go nuts with reissuing offbeat paint schemes but they were happy to give us that 30th anniversary paint scheme.

@ Mrk_arcadia: Oh @ E_Y_a_M_a, It was true successor. ~ But born from there, I wonder tough. I can not say, because I think there is a confidential element for the mold. There are seven in our system and the1/60 VF-1 system . After Macross ship. · You are told you then (sweat) - It removes When angry.

This makes more sense, so they have seven molds, plus they have the VF-1 molds ( system most likely meaning VF variants, E,D, and T. Plus the SDF-1 mold.

The end parts he's just saying you know to much, and he may remove if the company gets mad for too much intel.

Again any actual speakers feel free to correct me.

Edited by skullmilitia

If MrK really means the Macross7 molds, why bother, they should just buy up

The old Yamato stock still plaguing HLJ, HKC, Angolz, ect.

I still think he means 7 molds, not "7" molds.

a while back, I decided not to get into translation argument. So, you believe what you want to believe...

I'm just providing my translation.

(Japanese is not my first language, but I can read Japanese newspapers and novels without any problem. I can say my translation is at least better than web translation :) )

Edited by kyekye