Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I wonder how many that is total, and where in the world all of these things are selling (and if they can even tell since we foreigners order from other shops like hlj.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I guess this one is going to be a World Wide type phenomena then? Or, I guess I should say that Isamu would be a world wide phenomena. I'm not sure this same mold in a different scheme would work out.

Edited by Mommar

Nice. Just completed my first ever preorder

For me it's the way to go, I hate missing out on a release because I did not pre-order. It's a double edged sword though as far as pricing is concerned. Sometimes if a release sits a bit it gets cheaper over time, but the gamble is just that, you could miss something waiting for it to be cheaper lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok, the comments section opened up on the yf-19 dedicated site i'm going to directly cut and past some important info that helps us:

edite: you know what, i think Mr. K selected and highlighted a mix of the most important personal and general customer comments and put them up so i'm going to cut and paste all of them without any translation corrections quickly so at least we can see the general idea and clean up translations later (if possible)

Your comments

YF-19 is Likes was redesigned finally
has possession also YF-19 of the previous, but I am looking forward very mean that proportions and advanced new gimmick (19 systems all) also,. Macross - The Ride also "VF-19 Noto~ungu", please by all means three-dimensional flow in this!

From Mr. K
thank you message!
~ § has been Kogitsuke commercialization of "YF-19" Thanks! We are so development proceeds in mind that I want you to play fast, ~ I wonder want you looking forward to. Although there are I think you want to do with it, "VF-19 Noto~ungu" .... Well, either that what happens .... - I thank you continue.

Comments from customers
like Mr. K, it is cheers for good work.
Realize that towards the release steadily special site be opened bookings YF-19 is also initiated finally is springing.
As far as I'm really happy because I was waiting to believe choice of the YF-19 of the old VF-19 system compliant with.
I think that there is improvement because it is a trial stage yet, but I think thin a little more, or that it may end up in a colorless color of canopy gap between the sub-intake and intake is and worried about, but it? How about
later, m (__) m Please do not forget if the option Super & Strike and deployment of the VF-1 series, such as at the end Armored
We are Kongotomo hope So!

From Mr. K
is cheers for good work.
I will improve the gap between the sub-intake and intake.
I'm going to think about while listening to the voice of everyone color of the canopy. Colorless and transparent rate It is high at the moment Well.
I think that is something continue for VF-1, option parts also be lineup.
Sorry ... and I think experience is, that there be a change in the price.
Best regards Congo have been taking into account the side so.

Your comments
(^ o ^) / \ Congratulations
I have been waiting too.
I was allowed to look the sample but, It is cool!
Because it is airframe favorite most Personally, I do ... very fun. Please Good luck Mr. K's.
And by all means, ... optional fold-booster
... and Ravens specification of VF-19A in color variations
, m We Need (__) m

From Mr. K
is every time.
Comments to the sample. Is thank you.
- I'm more of a people 's YF-19 favorite. But the matter Fold booster or not .... ~ Hey difficult. Be able to make with rubble system if you do not or shiny, but I'm lonely - something that there is no gimmick light.Ravens specification ne ~ there is a possibility. ~ I have waiting in not expect I do not know yet, but since it announced when it becomes as possible. See you, In.

Comments from our customers
this I think we have been rejected and such as want to see full three-dimensional deformation of the VF9 in an interview of Mr. Kawamori?

From Mr. K
I Kawamori no longer a river ....
~ I was said to want to see "VF-9" in the supervision at the time when the base I'll do the new models something.
For quite some time .... (I ~? I wonder such as 7 years ago) Well, because it is in the motivation if there is any chance, and I wonder - good and us be glad at that time.

Comments from our customers
is one of mania full deformation series. Now defunct Company Y, I have been very excited to now of Mr. K and your company.
As far as I am glad complete new YF-19 because it is a favorite especially aircraft.
We are also already booked, but there is a demand. I feel the upper front edge of the air in-take fighter at the time and too thick as far as to see the image of the foregoing.
There will be restrictions then would be required of course to remove the cover but? Will things can not be improved
please consider whether it because I thought it quite important point on the face of the typical individual.

From Mr. K
is a thank you message.
people you see ~ I have seen. ~ I think happy.
For the thickness of the intake top edge, and is an issue that came out also at design time. I'm not nearly when it is setting screen. Thickness.
It has been pointed out to the river forest director in supervision at the time of, - that I had found it to explain the meaning of the mechanism. It's a part and a very important part you are connecting the leg and body to say, and be extended to the left and right legs further. To eliminate the thickness of here, I is going to to omit the moving around without parts division. Foot might become such as standing upright even be deformed if it becomes so. It ~ Naa's store. And to say that, I decided to leave the movable. - That now this thickness Given the strength there. Sorry - not approve.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Preorder for the Arcadia YF-19 with Fast Packs is reopened again of NY

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/5997-macross-plus-yf-19-with-fast-packs.html

Just preorder mine. Whew...no worries about taxes

Phew, thanks for that, I was afraid I'd missed it. Already threw down an order at HLJ just to be on the safe side as well, will have to make sure I cancel that one now. Edited by Fort Max

Guest davidwhangchoi

ok now on people are seeing the comments and starting to tweet Mr, K some more on the comments from the blog:

not addressed to anyone specific:

Mr. K @ Mrk_arcadia

~ Demand Cutlass I could go often. The ~ I'm not a Battroid moderate volume Fighter and too compact that even if you have delusion? Well, Although it is wall to hit ... always. Oh, it 'does not mean you are in progress.

i woke up with an upset stomach so i'm up really early and can't go to sleep but i'm too lazy to try and translate this not being a native speaker as it takes me an hour for a few lines when the auto translate goes bad.

serves me right for blowing off my 2nd language Japanese classes in undergrad..

but i think vf-9, i believe, he's talking to himself and saying: he get's this request often (Cutless). (there is a difference in mass) in Battroid is decent in volume and the fighter mode too tiny (even if he were to imagine it). That's always the wall people(developer's) hit... Not that i'm in progress (working on it.)

please correct/revise my commentary if incorrect..

nevermind the commentary...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Maybe they used this for reference for the gunpod?

post-7577-0-59792700-1381401018_thumb.jpg post-7577-0-07826700-1381399753_thumb.jpg

post-7577-0-63453500-1381400858_thumb.jpg

I hope I'm not going colorblind 'cuz I'm pretty sure that isn't grey.

This is a screenshot from antibiotictabs youtube channel

post-7577-0-74251700-1381401965_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

So, from the comments by Mr. K, it seems that the intake thickness is necessary due to strength issues, and it's not going to be redesigned? Oh well...

-Kyp

I call BS on that comment by Mr. K. As I've stated before, all that would be needed would be to extend the intake lip forward 1 to 1.5 mm forward while keeping all the adjacent surfaces the same; their natural slopes, combined with the slightly longer length would naturally result in a thinner, sharper looking intake lip without compromising any strength or internal volume. The real reason, in my opinion, is that steel has already been cut, the tooling finalized, at this point -- to revise the design would mean reworking the tooling [in this case, removing steel from the mold(s) to add plastic to the part(s)], and that costs money, so no dice.

I hope I'm not going colorblind 'cuz I'm pretty shure that isn't grey.

Not grey, true, but far darker than what was on display even if you allow for harsh lighting conditions.

I'll third it, I really like the tone and shade of blue they have on the canopy now.

I've said from the start the reason that intake lip is so thick is because of the leg rotating gimmick. mechanic, can you photoshop well enough to modify a pic and show us what you think they should have done? I'm not so sure your idea would result in the lines working out either but that's just going off an image in my head.

Considering both Yamato and Bandai (and now Arcadia) have settled on the side of a lighter shade then what looked to be shown in most episodes the brown on the gunpod seems just like how they would color any other Valk/Accessory based on the past. Often times none of us have agreed with it, even when Kawamori has personally weighed in, but it seems consistent with how all parties have been operating recently.

attachicon.gifyf-19 gunpod3.jpg attachicon.gifyf-19 gunpod.jpg

attachicon.gifyf-19 gunpod2.jpg

I hope I'm not going colorblind 'cuz I'm pretty sure that isn't grey.

This is a screenshot from antibiotictabs youtube channel

attachicon.gifyf-19 gunpod4.jpg

Good example's of the insides of the 19 being blueish in tone, which is what I always thought they were. Grey and tan would be monotone, and it doesn't provide any contrast when the super parts are attached.

So, from the comments by Mr. K, it seems that the intake thickness is necessary due to strength issues, and it's not going to be redesigned? Oh well...

-Kyp

Major BOOOO!!! Still my biggest sticking point.

<snip>

I've said from the start the reason that intake lip is so thick is because of the leg rotating gimmick. mechanic, can you photoshop well enough to modify a pic and show us what you think they should have done? I'm not so sure your idea would result in the lines working out either but that's just going off an image in my head.

<snip.

Already did that, back on page 46 of this thread, but here's a repost:

post-664-0-29030300-1381411756_thumb.jpg

The above (with the red highlighted edges) shows what I mean; nothing that already exists has to be changed at all, the only thing that's needed is to make the thigh/intake lip a bit longer off from where the current surface exists... the greater the offset, the thinner the "offending" edge will look.

And the original for comparison:

post-664-0-19466100-1381411656_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

attachicon.gif2_zps784a949e-.jpg

The above (with the red highlighted edges) shows what I mean; nothing that already exists has to be changed at all, the only thing that's needed is to make the thigh/intake lip a bit longer off from where the current surface exists... the greater the offset, the thinner the "offending" edge will look.

attachicon.gif2_zps784a949e.jpg

Agreed...seems like a simple solution. Oh well.

Chris

Hmmm? Transformation issues??

tfybr.png

attachicon.gif2_zps784a949e-.jpg

attachicon.gif2_zps784a949e.jpg

But we are again going to have a pointy intake edges like Ver1. and loosing thick image from lineart...

tfyqz.png

Edited by charger69

I was thinking because the underside of the upper intake is rounded upward that extending the lower intake would actually affect the way it transforms and is shaped, it would have to curve upward. But the addition of the wonky pointed hips in Battroid is also a good point. I think that thick lip isn't going to be as much of an issue once we see the toy fully assembled without all of the looseness. It looks to me like the lower and upper intakes meet together at a very specific point and would line up perfectly on a non-loose toy. Extending that lip would affect that and I think it would hurt the look more.

I'm eagerly awaiting pictures of the final product and see how the intake lip looks there. The more I look at the prototype the more I despise it (I kid I kid) :D .

On my VF-19 it looks o.k. but I don't think it is that pronounced on the Excalibur.

Oh and can we see a comparison with a YF-21 or VF-17 pretty please. I wonder if this is bigger then the Macross 7 iterations of this Valkyrie.

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

just going to put the rest of the highlights up:

• VF2SS is an area off limits (nothing ever really 100% off limits) but that's it for now
  • VF-14 is successor to the vf-4 and i would live to do that bc it is close to me.
  • after the Macross (sdf-1) we got (edite: Macross seven series molds in the system plus the vf-1 series and due to company confidential (obviously i cannot reveal, i think he put's Top Gun like joke in there or i'm just misreading, if i reveal it to you then i'm going to have to delete it )
  • someone wants the 21 but i can't make out what he says but it's prob something like he'd like to get to it...
  • then some askes about tips for the next and he says you want a tip like this? "Is it a rare aircraft"
  • Last, a poster tweets read the blog comments on the dedicated yf-19 site and comments on the intake:

Mr. K @ Mrk_arcadia

@ Sleipnir1999 For those who were expecting something thin I'm sorry to .... It is is made ​​even dynamically - whatever you do not incorporate the "deformation mechanism" .... Because it is a variant specification included products, ... the pardon.

• the poster comment he understands the compromises mentioning the masterfiles.
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah.. I mean toys have to have compromises. I can understand if something is waaaaaaay out of proportion or looks bad, but this thing looks pretty accurate compared to the line art.

Thanks for the summary Dave.

I'd totally buy a VF-14. The Robot mode looks pretty sweet. Main reason I don't like the VF-4 is the dorky robot mode.

So they have 7 molds from Yamato eh?

Wonder what all they got...

Edited by Gakken85

I'd love the Macross 7 Plus VF-14 Vampire!! :p

I agree that fixing the intake lip thickness is something that they won't do because the molds are already made and not because they can't come up with a way to improve it without sacrificing structural integrity. Still I just hope it's not too visible at hand than in the zoomed in pictures.

7 molds aside the SDF-1 and VF-1, umm.... VF-4, VF-17S/D, VF-19S/F/P/Kai ?

The next release is something rare? X-9 Ghost! B))