Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Yeah. Not much info there... He only said ' Muhuhu. Please wait~'

Still sounds hopeful.

In worst case, I'll just make a custom bridge link. It shouldn't be too difficult.

It wont be necessary, they've already showed the fold booster adaptors ;)

post-12283-0-79193900-1381119672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

It's BAT from flickr :) Great guy :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat_/

Thanks.

I sometimes use my GE camera but can't use it within a building. So easy to have camera shakes. But his camera is awesome; even though the shutter speed was 1/30 or so and without a strobe light, no shakes on the pics...
Actually, it is 100 times more expensive than mine. lol
I recognized the venues where the person went to. I also went to the same places and I found many items I know.
He/ she may be a professional press person. Went to the Hatune Miku concert in Kansai, and Sapporo Snow Festivals from the Kanto District according to the pics. It cost him so much, and not to speak of his camera.
And I wonder how many times he has been to Oarai to collect many materials for Girls und Panzer. lol

Thanks.

I sometimes use my GE camera but can't use it within a building. So easy to have camera shakes. But his camera is awesome; even though the shutter speed was 1/30 or so and without a strobe light, no shakes on the pics...
Actually, it is 100 times more expensive than mine. lol
I recognized the venues where the person went to. I also went to the same places and I found many items I know.
He/ she may be a professional press person. Went to the Hatune Miku concert in Kansai, and Sapporo Snow Festivals from the Kanto District according to the pics. It cost him so much, and not to speak of his camera.
And I wonder how many times he has been to Oarai to collect many materials for Girls und Panzer. lol

In addition to the camera type, you also want to consider what lens he may have been using. They make a big difference. It's likely if his camera is 100 times more expensive then yours, the lens could be 200+ times more expensive.

In addition to the camera type, you also want to consider what lens he may have been using. They make a big difference. It's likely if his camera is 100 times more expensive then yours, the lens could be 200+ times more expensive.

I also checked it after your post. :) The lens was "AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED."

The camera with the lens doesn't reach 1 million yen, but of course, so expensive. :)

I'm surprised Bat uses a zoom lens of any kind. His pics are so clear I always assumed he had a fixed length.

In other news, I've been pouring over various pics and I'm beginning to think they did actually change the way the ankles work compared to the VF-19 series. It looks like it might be a bit more like the VF-4 in terms of ankles. If that's the case I'll be ecstatic.

I'm also wondering how the leg packs attach. Hopefully it won't be too fiddly to get into fighter with all of that on.

Guest davidwhangchoi

How realiable is BiginJapan. I haven't ordered from them before and having to pay upfront for an item not out until April next year, just want to few confident buying from them.

here's a review thread on biginjapan. very reliable, A few complained the shipping boxes were thin but most recent post looks like they are shipping with thicker boxes

http://myfigurecollection.net/club/72/discussions/&did=1349&p=20

After looking at the pictures again I'm baffled why the lights on the wing roots are not don in a transparent plastic. I recognized the same thing on my VF-19S. It sits between the VF-22S (released before the VF-19 has the lights as transparent plastic) and the VF-17S (released after the VF-19 has also the lights as transparent plastic) and sticks out like a sore thumb. The fact that the plane is made out of a glossy plastic doesn't help and seems like a one of a kind deal since the YF-19 seems to be cast in the matte plastic Yamato was know for again.

Is there not enough room in the wing glove to accommodate the space needed for the lights, is it a cost saving measure, or are there no lights present in the line-art (I always thought off the silver splotches on my VF-19 as lights) . On the old YF-19 it was less obtrusive since the paint application was very minimal.

I'm surprised Bat uses a zoom lens of any kind. His pics are so clear I always assumed he had a fixed length.

In other news, I've been pouring over various pics and I'm beginning to think they did actually change the way the ankles work compared to the VF-19 series. It looks like it might be a bit more like the VF-4 in terms of ankles. If that's the case I'll be ecstatic.

I'm also wondering how the leg packs attach. Hopefully it won't be too fiddly to get into fighter with all of that on.

If the angles are less spindly on this release I will be glad.

That's good to know. I'm glad I won't have to buy a brand new fold booster that only works with the new 19... unless those are adapters meant for a new fold booster...

If there will be a new fold booster, wouldn't the adapters comes with the new booster? I sure hope those are for the old ones.

I've only ordered from HLJ once and it was a $8 wristband.

Will an item like this get hit with a customs fee?

No customs fee if you are in the US.

If there will be a new fold booster, wouldn't the adapters comes with the new booster? I sure hope those are for the old ones.

It makes no sense at all if no new fold booster is available for the new YF-19.

Not everyone has the old booster from the previous release, so I'll be ending up with the old fastpacks that I do not need if I have to find the old booster package just to get the fold booster.

I hope Mr. K did intend to give us a surprise when he said it's a secret because the only thing that doesn't include in the new package deal now is just the fold booster.

Have to agree the khaki color probably could be a darker gray, but I don't think it looks bad. I think that's close to the color that Yamato used on their 1/200 scale miniature version of the YF-19 (speaking of which, the set it comes with has been on clearance at HLJ for what seems like forever.. $11 for 10 of these little guys. http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00077/Gsh )

Honestly, I rarely display my VF-19s with the gunpods anyway, since the angle they mount at just looks weird in fighter mode. Another artifact of the gullet in general.. whatever the size, it's lower than the arms, so the gunpod gets pushed down. Only way you could really fix that is by making the gunpod handle extend so the rear drops down too, but then it would just look too low altogether.

Edited by Chronocidal

Have to agree the khaki color probably could be a darker gray, but I don't think it looks bad. I think that's close to the color that Yamato used on their 1/200 scale miniature version of the YF-19 (speaking of which, the set it comes with has been on clearance at HLJ for what seems like forever.. $11 for 10 of these little guys. http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00077/Gsh )

Oh, the last one's color scheme is that of VF-154 "Black Knights!"

24133.jpg

I used to go to Atugi Air Base to see the F-14s of the squadron...

here's a review thread on biginjapan. very reliable, A few complained the shipping boxes were thin but most recent post looks like they are shipping with thicker boxes

http://myfigurecollection.net/club/72/discussions/&did=1349&p=20

That thread actually doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about them. The last few pages has a lot of posts about how they get slow or no responses from them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That thread actually doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about them. The last few pages has a lot of posts about how they get slow or no responses from them.

i think they've been like that for quite a while... gosh, i can't remember who it was... i mentioned a few pages back to SaitouSad that someone on MW had issues and either got their items late or went missing... other than that, i just heard a few had packing/shipping that was not great for sal in the past.

It looks like the main issues for non/late communications are for proxy buys. i did some research before placing an order with a safe credit card and paypal for protection. service seems similar to NY, where the majority of items come safely but have a few issues like NY (as i vented over in the 171 thread.)

i'm feel they are pretty reliable with non-proxy orders as i haven't read any issues in terms of reliability for built to order items other than they are extremely strict and wont let you cancel.

It makes no sense at all if no new fold booster is available for the new YF-19.

Not everyone has the old booster from the previous release, so I'll be ending up with the old fastpacks that I do not need if I have to find the old booster package just to get the fold booster.

I hope Mr. K did intend to give us a surprise when he said it's a secret because the only thing that doesn't include in the new package deal now is just the fold booster.

Maybe the surprise is that the fold booster comes with it as a bonus. Since they are including the bridge, why not the booster itself too.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Maybe the surprise is that the fold booster comes with it as a bonus. Since they are including the bridge, why not the booster itself too.

that might be possible... it might be also that the pictures w/ the booster holders were during early production and they decided to leave them out of cost compromise and sold separately.

I hate to be the buzzkill, but it might be their just keeping their old Yamato customers happy using their old fold boosters on the new model. Highly doubt your getting a included fold booster.

In order of what's realistic

1st explanation: Arcadia allowing Yamato booster to fit as nice gesture

2nd explanation: Arcadia working on a new fold booster

3rd explanation: Aliens told Mr.K to include it

4th explanation: it's a secrecy included item

There you go.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mr. K's development diary (with broken conversion so i can't really understand nuances but get the gist of it):

initially he had 4 gimmicks as a proposal for the a new design before they started out. (perhaps these were the 4 most concerns of fans)

■ rectification shutter to be deployed in the rear seat after injection. (canopy open split design for 2 seater)

■ wing of high-speed flight form in the play (anime accurate) image. *Mr. K notes the wings look buried in the legs.

■ prototype weapon that was attached to the right arm.

■ pinpoint barrier effect. Last one sounds accessory set basis or rather (than a) gimmick.

this was the concept sketch of the prototype weapon attached to the right arm :

(From Mr. K's development blog)

armweapon_zps3ae8f84c.jpg

i would love to think that Mr, K's surprise includes the rest of the gimmicks w/ fold booster :wub: that didn't make the yf-19 package.

At least we know Mr. K was thinking of everything we were suggesting in this thread himself early on in development.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's weird. These are built to order but Arcadia webshop initially sold out of their pre-order slots and just reopened them up.

It is the sale in the [information] Arcadia online shop of "YF-19", but it was sold out with a favorable reception. Since we are considering the addition of appointment slots currently,

I additions have been made in the [information] Arcadia online shop of "YF-19 with Fast Pack" appointment slots. Thank you very much.http://

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?gid=126

Looking at AE and cdjapan, deadlines for pre-orders are 11/27,11/26 respectively.

I guess that gives us an idea when Arcadia begins closing pre-orders(maybe sooner for other sites) to get a final print number.

Edited by davidwhangchoi