Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Still want to see a good fighter mode profile to see how sleek it may be.

Chris

Hi-res scan from Dengeki Hobby.

Drool away!

UhPdr7s.jpg

Had to go back a ways, but I knew I remembered seeing a decent side-view pretty early on. Kinda sloppy due to being the early prototype, and angled a bit more than usual due to the fast packs, but looks plenty slick to me. :)

Hi everybody.

I am pretty new in all these Macross collectibles. I love them!!! I have just found these forums and it is really huge, lots of valuable info around. Thanks to everybody for that!!!

I have already bought a couple of Valkyes and when I was really getting into it and preparing to get some Yamato stuff, the prices rised up too much. I have to admitt that I started to panic and might made some mistakes. You will see me in other topics asking some questions, if you don´t mind.

I understand that nothing is for granted, but these pictures and all your valuable input for the new Arcadia YF-19, make me believe that better things are going to come in this new franchise. I think I will wait patienly, taking reasonables risks along the way. Hope I can do it!!!!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hi everybody.

I am pretty new in all these Macross collectibles. I love them!!! I have just found these forums and it is really huge, lots of valuable info around. Thanks to everybody for that!!!

I have already bought a couple of Valkyes and when I was really getting into it and preparing to get some Yamato stuff, the prices rised up too much. I have to admitt that I started to panic and might made some mistakes. You will see me in other topics asking some questions, if you don´t mind.

I understand that nothing is for granted, but these pictures and all your valuable input for the new Arcadia YF-19, make me believe that better things are going to come in this new franchise. I think I will wait patienly, taking reasonables risks along the way. Hope I can do it!!!!

welcome to MW Kyrie, definitely post in the noobs thread if you have any questions about macross toys in general... people here are definitely very knowledgeable and will be glad help you out. there's a few snarky remarks that appear here and there outside of the noob thread but you'll get used to them in time.

i recommend starting with reading up on the arcadia threads including this yf 19 thread. there's only about 3 of them and are pretty small sized and easy to catch up. and second thread is the bandai frontier vf-25 thread here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36536

glad you're looking to get into the yf-19, i'm super excited for this release...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Only problem with the VF-4G is the floppy left shoulder and detachable missile pods. I do believe with a lot of handling the leg/hip might become loose in time.

Still, best valk by Yamato!

I remember seeing a couple of pics with some broken diecast parts and a couple of members with missing fins... But yeah, nothing to panic about.

@kyrie - protip: you can generally be patient getting Yamato/Arcadia regular releases but if it's a web exclusive and you decide you really want it, better preorder it coz its price is only going to go up.

Can't decide if i want this YF-19 to be a web exclusive or regular release... I think Isamu's ride is popular enough for Arcadia to decide for it to be a regular release.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I really hope we get at least one re-color. I want two of these and having a different scheme makes it so much easier to justify getting a second one.

The tricky part is that there are no other canon hero schemes for the YF-19. The closest would probably be the VF-19A XF-X2 scheme, but that may require a license and would definitely require a change to the tampo printing and additional paint apps. Not sure If Arcadia wants to commit that much to a non-hero scheme.

They have the license for Mac+ so in theory they could do a YF-19 Prototype No.1 scheme, but again this would require different tampo printing and more paint apps and is very obscure.

Yamato did the Double Nuts and Bird of Prey using existing tampo and paint apps with debatable results. If Arcadia were to follow suit I would prefer a Roy scheme or maybe an Ozma.

Of course they could just make up a brand new scheme... I would love a low vis scheme, but that seems pretty unlikely.

In the end though I would take pretty much any re-color.

post-5608-0-78857000-1377287918_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-15294400-1377287929_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-24999600-1377287941_thumb.jpg

post-5608-0-73766000-1377287948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nerd-linger

I really hope we get at least one re-color. I want two of these and having a different scheme makes it so much easier to justify getting a second one.

The tricky part is that there are no other canon hero schemes for the YF-19. The closest would probably be the VF-19A XF-X2 scheme, but that may require a license and would definitely require a change to the tampo printing and additional paint apps. Not sure If Arcadia wants to commit that much to a non-hero scheme.

They have the license for Mac+ so in theory they could do a YF-19 Prototype No.1 scheme, but again this would require different tampo printing and more paint apps and is very obscure.

Yamato did the Double Nuts and Bird of Prey using existing tampo and paint apps with debatable results. If Arcadia were to follow suit I would prefer a Roy scheme or maybe an Ozma.

Of course they could just make up a brand new scheme... I would love a low vis scheme, but that seems pretty unlikely.

In the end though I would take pretty much any re-color.

Yamato would have five sales from me if they made those four other schemes.

I remember seeing a couple of pics with some broken diecast parts and a couple of members with missing fins... But yeah, nothing to panic about.

@kyrie - protip: you can generally be patient getting Yamato/Arcadia regular releases but if it's a web exclusive and you decide you really want it, better preorder it coz its price is only going to go up.

Can't decide if i want this YF-19 to be a web exclusive or regular release... I think Isamu's ride is popular enough for Arcadia to decide for it to be a regular release.

Well we will see how widely Arcadia releases will be available after they issue the DYRL? VF-1S Roy Fokker Custom. The 30th VF-1J can be a pretty limited run. It also could be that Arcadia goes for a built to order strategy with their Macross releases.

So to be safe I would say that you should preorder a YF-19 as soon as possible with a trustworthy shop that allows for easy cancellation if you are willing to purchase one. Just don't over due it because you might get a bad reputation with that shop. If something happens down the line and you can't afford the toy then you still be able to cancel it.

As a side note I can imagine that one of the problems that Yamato had was that people never bought their toys at the release date but waited until they where available through a sale which was almost certain at some point. I'm guilty of this behavior myself (even if I bought all my Yamato Valkyries after the rumors of the bankruptcy) so with the Arcadia releases I make sure to preorder them in advance as I think that the toys are well worth the asking price.

Egads! Can you imagine how big this box is going to be with the size of the 19 and all of the accessories after we have seen how big the box is for the VF-1! Lol!

Chris

I was so so content with my original 1/60 of this guy.... but damn, it looks fantastic. I may have to find room on the shelf for this.

Same here. The Yamato 1/60 still holds up pretty well in my eyes, but that GERWALK mode on the Arcadia version just blows it out of the water.

But depending on how much Arcadia's asking price is, I may have to pass, especially if my local hobby store doesn't bring it in. Import taxes and shipping will be brutal for something of that size and price.

260-300 USD is the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for this, and only if I'm pre-ordering from a brick and mortar store. My Yamato 1/60 sort of takes away a bit of the urgency to own another YF-19, gorgeous as the Arcadia version is.

Edited by GU-11

At the very least the gullet has been removed, the legs have been entirely reworked making them proportional to the rest of the body (the old version had ridiculously long legs set very low - these are thicker, shorter, and much more battroid-centric), it has thicker arms, a slightly larger head, the gaps have been removed, multiple locks have been added to keep it stable in all modes (no floppy chest syndrome), it has a reworked panel under the "uniboob", a tinted canopy,the high-speed configuration, opening panels in the legs for missiles, and a massive weapons load-out (pretty much every missile ever shown with the YF-19). I'm thinking it's just a very high contrast photo they are using, but if not they are using darker more saturated colors.

Whipped up a little side by side in battroid mode (I think this is the form where the differences are most obvious).

The old YF-19 in this image has fast packs on, but it was the closest I could find stance wise to the Arcadia version (thanks to Anymoon - visit there for more shots of the first 1/60 YF-19).

attachicon.gifsidebysid.pnge

To be fair, though, that pic of the Yamato version wasn't posed that well.

This might be a slightly closer comparison, pose-wise:

7a_415xv9AkDqL.jpg

Sadly, it still doesn't hide the hollowed back of the thighs.

To be fair, though, that pic of the Yamato version wasn't posed that well.

This might be a slightly closer comparison, pose-wise:

Lol... I was thinking the same thing coz i misread "closest" as "coolest"... :lol: that one is definitely a cooler pose for the old 19.

To be honest I'd swap out that Darker Skull Scheme for something more like the SVF-440 Dullahan's scheme from the Master File book.

Agreed. There are many schemes I would prefer from the Master File book. I would love any low vis scheme above all others (other than Isamu). The problem is we just don't know if Arcadia is willing to risk an obscure scheme, especially if it requires new tampo and paint apps.

From what I understand non-hero schemes do not sell nearly as well in Japan which is why I thought maybe a Roy or Ozma using existing tampo and paint apps might work.

Edited by Nerd-linger

Also because most of us didn't want the other VF-19's in gloss either but because of Basara we were stuck with it on all of the variants.

Thanks! I didn't realize Yamato did that to all of the VF-19s, although a glossy finish may fit in more with the theme of Macross 7---all glitz and glamor. On a side note, I have been thinking about picking up the Kai on ebay. Getting the Plus YF-19 in matte finish would just be another nice way to differentiate the prototype from the other models, I guess.

Hi you can pass the link I can not locate, this site

http://www.hkcollectibles.com

Specifically the Kai:

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6958-vf-19-fire-valkyrie-basara-nekki.html

Don't be shocked by the prices. Those are Hong Kong Dollars. You find a conversion into other currencies on the top right of the site.

Happy collecting. :lol:

Don't go to ebay, best and cheapest place to get the Kai is HKC, it's so cheap I once consider buying the Kai to get my macross fix....shruggggs <_<

Wow! I appreciate the tip. Now I have to decide whether I should pick this up soon or save a bit more for the Macross 7 Blu-rays. Hm...

Ah, it's only money! I went ahead and picked up the Kai (no sound boosters yet, though). It'll be nice to have a version of this Yamato skulpt when Arcadia's YF-19 arrives.

Edited by technoblue

Wait..so hold on...those photoshopped paint variants....are they confirmed, or is the magazine editor/journalist just saying "Look how cool these would look in all these different color schemes!"?

Wait..so hold on...those photoshopped paint variants....are they confirmed, or is the magazine editor/journalist just saying "Look how cool these would look in all these different color schemes!"?

I just made those schemes in photoshop to better illustrate what I was thinking might be good options for possible re-colours, they are in no way official. We don't even know if Arcadia will even do a different scheme for this mold.

Definitely. That Osma/Low Vis look wants my money. The photoshopping aside, I would be surprised if Arcadia stops with just the YF-19 color scheme. Even with a more fiscally responsible project line, I could see them doing at least one more repaint.

Edited by technoblue

I am definitely a fan of all the schemes but that lowvis scheme. If it were a very light gray I might be into but as is, no.

Yeah... An Ozma scheme is a bit of a stretch. I just thought since Bandai is doing the Isamu scheme for the YF-29 maybe a Frontier scheme for the YF-19 might look interesting. I don't mind the Ozma colors, but I would prefer something a little more low vis. Maybe something like this:

post-5608-0-08796500-1377541946_thumb.jpg

Yeah... An Ozma scheme is a bit of a stretch. I just thought since Bandai is doing the Isamu scheme for the YF-29 maybe a Frontier scheme for the YF-19 might look interesting. I don't mind the Ozma colors, but I would prefer something a little more low vis. Maybe something like this:

Bossssssssssssss.

Oh Lord, how I want Arcadia to make one in this scheme!

Edited by Mommar

Dude, you know what you are doing :)

Edited by charger69