Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

The VF-171 hard points aren't' *that* different from the one's Yamato uses (in fact they're visually identical to the ones on the SV-51). They're square on the VF-171 (and SV-51) so the pylon can't rotate, but they still use a central peg with clips on either end. Bandai and Yamato hard points aren't compatible only because of slight differences specific demensions.

I have not tried to mount any of my 171 missiles on the my VF-1's but I'm pretty damn sure it's fail. As far as putting them on the SV-51, I think the missiles would look small in comparison to the default loadout that they come packed with. I kinda wonder what that would look like. Everything on the SV-51 is huge including the missiles.

I have not tried to mount any of my 171 missiles on the my VF-1's but I'm pretty damn sure it's fail. As far as putting them on the SV-51, I think the missiles would look small in comparison to the default loadout that they come packed with. I kinda wonder what that would look like. Everything on the SV-51 is huge including the missiles.

The VF-171 missiles will fit the VF-1 ok, the outside clips are a bit tight but it works. the VF-1 missiles will not fit on the VF-171 because the center post is too thick on the VF-1 missiles. The SV-51 wing missiles fit on the 1/48 VF-1 but are too loose on the 1/60 scale.

Battroid mode looks really good. Shoulders look a bit over sized though. Don't care for the lack of opening cockpit in battroid mode. That was something we didn't see in the OVA anyway assuming it even had that feature.

Maybe they will make this really expensive on first release (include a stand like sv-51?) but then do a cheaper release with less accessories for the others who are not desperate enough to buy immediately or can't afford everything?

The advantages of making a cheaper release is that it might allow a fan to get 2 (one for fighter mode and another for battroid mode)

For example i think battroid mode guys will never make use of the extra missiles if this is what they primarily display it in. They might just want a basic set with FAST packs because they have the missiles already for thier first purchase which is displayed in fighter mode.

Since the theme of these newer toys seems to be new and improved battroid modes, I think a lot of budget-conscious fans would rather save that money for a stand for cool robot mode poses assuming they can get 2 of them. Would be so easy for them to do another paintscheme given how popular the mech is.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Battroid mode looks really good. Shoulders look a bit over sized though. Don't care for the lack of opening cockpit in battroid mode. That was something we didn't see in the OVA anyway assuming it even had that feature.

Maybe they will make this really expensive on first release (include a stand like sv-51?) but then do a cheaper release with less accessories for the others who are not desperate enough to buy immediately or can't afford everything?

The advantages of making a cheaper release is that it might allow a fan to get 2 (one for fighter mode and another for battroid mode)

For example i think battroid mode guys will never make use of the extra missiles if this is what they primarily display it in. They might just want a basic set. (or save that money for a stand for cool robot mode poses)

I could see them doing something like that. First release with missiles and FP. Second release with fold booster and stand. Or something along this line.

Curse you Arcadia! Just when I think I've got all the valk toys I'd ever want you bring out this masterpiece and pull me back in. Guess it's time to start saving :lol: .

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Gotta have it though.

Realistically, judging from the timeframe of the VF-19 from Yamato, it was shown at the Wonderfest in July 2010 and was released for purchase in May 2011. So, using that information, I'd say it's likely going to be released sometime around April/May of next year.

Which is good because this beast's looking to be EXPENSIVE.

Edited by AlphaOne

I have to agree with everyone that this looks like an incredible toy. And after all these years, I STILL don't have a YF-19 in my collection!

But it's going to be several hundreds dollars....I simply can't afford that!!

I'm still lamenting that Ban Dai never made a hi-metal version.....would have been perfect.

Guess I'll just have to admire this one from afar as well and hold out hope that SOMEDAY some company will make a smaller scale transformable toy...

I have to agree with everyone that this looks like an incredible toy. And after all these years, I STILL don't have a YF-19 in my collection!

But it's going to be several hundreds dollars....I simply can't afford that!!

I'm still lamenting that Ban Dai never made a hi-metal version.....would have been perfect.

Guess I'll just have to admire this one from afar as well and hold out hope that SOMEDAY some company will make a smaller scale transformable toy...

According to estimates by some members here you have at least 6-8 months to save up. Let's say the valk is priced for around 300, put a jar with a YF-19 label, put 10-12.50 bucks in there every week for 6 months and you'll have the 300. B))

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Overall, it looks good. Maybe it's because of the large shoulders, but the lower legs look a tad too short, giving the battroid a stubby appearance. I compared it to the VF-19, and the legs are sized about the same, but the VF-19 looks more proportionate to me. I do like how the lower legs have a fuller appearance now compared to the Yamato's 1/60. Anyway, I love my Yammie Blazer, and I look forward to picking up Arcadia's YF-19.

I hope a new Arcadia YF-21, with improved battroid proportions, isn't too far behind.

Actually, there are two main things that make him look "stubby" I guess. Based on the lineart (which is always perfect in all three modes...) the head on the toy is slightly too small, coupled with the fact the torso/chest area is more broad. This pushes the shoulders out farther and makes it look like it's very wide in the shoulder region. I think those are the main differences that are affecting the point of view that the shoulders are too wide. But in order to fit the arms and legs in fighter how else would you do it but to keep the width of the chest area the same as well. Compromises.

Matt finishing!!!

Despite the specific parts for YF-19, does that means it cannot share any part of the mold from those glossy VF-19?

Yes!! Please matte finish... those glossy Bandai birds doesn't like my matte clear-coat and its its rubs/slides right off the shiny smooth plastic.

Pretty sure it did, it's all just a resin prototype you know. :)

Also, while the plane itself is completely different, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of shared internal parts on this one from the VF-19. Mostly, I'm thinking the actual arms might not have to change much at all from the shoulders down. The various parts like some of the the internal hinges, cockpit, and things like the landing gear will probably all be the same. Even the gunpod might be in this case, but I wouldn't bet on it, since the old one was shiny.

Pretty sure it did, it's all just a resin prototype you know. :)

Also, while the plane itself is completely different, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of shared internal parts on this one from the VF-19. Mostly, I'm thinking the actual arms might not have to change much at all from the shoulders down. The various parts like some of the the internal hinges, cockpit, and things like the landing gear will probably all be the same. Even the gunpod might be in this case, but I wouldn't bet on it, since the old one was shiny.

Gunpod will be different, as the YF-19's Gunpod has additional cooling vents on the barrel cover, which the VF-19F/S Gunpod does not.

Ejection seat might be the same, but the canopy will definitely be different, as the YF-19's canopy is two piece, opening to the front and rear.

Graham