Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I hope he comes, it would be a shame to have the new YF-19 without it.

Seriously doubt it will have this, because the YF-19 didn't have a hatch there to begin with. The panel behind the head is full of thrusters on the YF-19.

I'm pretty sure that was just a convenience change for Macross 7, so you could have Basara leaving his valk in battroid all the time, and not having to use a runway.

Seriously doubt it will have this, because the YF-19 didn't have a hatch there to begin with. The panel behind the head is full of thrusters on the YF-19.

I'm pretty sure that was just a convenience change for Macross 7, so you could have Basara leaving his valk in battroid all the time, and not having to use a runway.

Or Gerwalk, I mean who would really use that mode? :wacko:

I know, but I hope these people have Inclusions, I prefer to have my YF-19 with its pilot battriod as it should be and not looking at the sky or the ground as the other models we know. you do not?

Instant preorder when this is available.

A VF-11B wouldnt be a bad way to pass the time while waiting for the Arcadia releases. The ebay markup isn't too bad, either. Is there any place that sells the 11B with super parts for less than $260 now before shipping?

with the much clearer side view... I'm less convinced of that those pieces are. Def. part of the FPs. Should watch the bluray. lol.

I think they are meant to be there but as an attaching point to lock the leg with the fuselage along with the shoulder pack to prevent the floppyness from the v1 with FP on that area since the legs still need to bend down a little to fit the packs.

The GN-U version of the 19 had those rear leg packs, if you see the prototype pics, the pieces seem to fit there, but they do have those tabs that make me think they will serve to lock the legs in position in fighter mode.

post-4448-0-66686000-1375073810_thumb.jpg

post-4448-0-27486900-1375073817.jpg

post-4448-0-16248400-1375073825.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's what I figured those pieces were below the stand adapters on the other pic. They're panel covers on the legs for battroid mode. On the v.1 they're just huge holes in the inner part of the legs.

nm that's the upper leg. Intake covers?

Thanks! i think the prototype red colors in the pics threw me off. yf-19 option parts for the back side of the leg by the intakes?

so those are covers for the upper legs behind the intakes

The GN-U version of the 19 had those rear leg packs, if you see the prototype pics, the pieces seem to fit there, but they do have those tabs that make me think they will serve to lock the legs in position in fighter mode.

Oh yeah... I guess I was right in the first place, maybe. :D

So it does not look like it comes with a stand (not complaining here - price is too high already)

But will it fit on the new Arcadia stands coming with the VF-1's?

I think so. The 19 comes with adapters and it looks like the stands are made for even bigger valks than the 1/60 VF-1s.

Looking really fine!... and f*cking expensive! Gonna have to just close my eyes and not think about the price when i buy this. :lol:

Looks like it's not gonna get a stand like the Arcadia VF-1s... hope they include stand adapters for this to mount on those stands included with the VF-1 releases. If these are like the YF-21 stand, the attachment point of the adapter should be circular. EDIT: looking at the VF-1S Hikaru pic on the other thread, it looks like it'll work using that extra tubular piece.

Between this and any all new valk, i'm hoping Arcadia can squeeze in a Hikaru VF-4 repaint...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I haven't posted here in some time but when I saw there was a new YF-19 in the works I had to come back to the font of all Macross knowledge!

Very excited for this, I've never been a big enough Macross fan to buy them all but Macross Plus has always stuck in my memories from my early days of watching anime and this design in particular has always been conspicuous in it's absence from my mecha collection. I was out of work when the last version was released but this time I'll be waiting. I only pray that I can accept the price!

I wouldn't mind having an extra set of those missiles for my other valks. Hopefully they release them as a set, maybe web exclusive.

They won't work on the old style hard points as far as I can tell. They re designed the hard point to be a bit like the VF-171 from Bandai.

They won't work on the old style hard points as far as I can tell. They re designed the hard point to be a bit like the VF-171 from Bandai.

The VF-171 hard points aren't' *that* different from the one's Yamato uses (in fact they're visually identical to the ones on the SV-51). They're square on the VF-171 (and SV-51) so the pylon can't rotate, but they still use a central peg with clips on either end. Bandai and Yamato hard points aren't compatible only because of slight differences specific demensions.