Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

will definitely get one. My only concern is the price point.
They've already priced the VF-1J 30th at the same price as a DX Chogokin Valk. I hope they can keep price reasonable.

Also for some reason, the cad render reminds a lot of the VF-19 Isamu was piloting in SnT

Edited by SaitouSad

My wallet,

is tellin' me no,

but my glass shelf,

my GLAAAAAASS shelf,

is tellin' me yeeeeaah....

... :p

Ain't no way I'm skipping on this one. I just hope it's the middle or fall of 2014; need some time to save up some cash. Seriously, every other new collectible announced from now will be skipped in favor of the Arcadia V3(?) YF-19.

I know everyone else is riding on a high right now, but it's starting to sink in for me how expensive this is going to be. Sonsidering with the 1/60 VF-1's that the change in company name plus decals and a funky stand equals a 6,000 yen jump in MSRP. I can't even imagine what 90% new tooling with minimal repaint value is going to do to the already crushing 22,000 yen MSRP on the VF-19's (only up side is hopefully it won't be coming out at a time when the Yen is at 75JPY to a dollar. :wacko: )

I'm a little out of the toy thing. What does this particular version boast that its predecessors do not?

It don't need to be expensive if they can reuse most of the mold for the VF-19 Kai.

They can use very little. Probably the nosecone, and landing gear, and that's about it. The later VF-19's, and the VF-19A/YF-19 have almost nothing in common, other than "looking similar". Similar, not identical. Everything is different, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

Really, the VF-25 and YF-29 share more parts than the VF-19F and YF-19.

I'm a little out of the toy thing. What does this particular version boast that its predecessors do not?

Good proportions in fighter and battroid mode. plastic that doesn't frequently crumble over time, superior engineering overall.

They can use very little. Probably the nosecone, and landing gear, and that's about it. The later VF-19's, and the VF-19A/YF-19 have almost nothing in common, other than "looking similar". Similar, not identical. Everything is different, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.

Really, the VF-25 and YF-29 share more parts than the VF-19F and YF-19.

I think you could probably reuse the biceps and most of the die-cast joints.(knees, ankles, arm extension. although the amount of rage if it does end up having the same ankles will be hilarious).

Yeah but the super parts are so inconsequential on the YF-19 that selling them separately feels so greedy. Even the VF-17 super parts felt like a rip-off and there way more significant than the YF-19 Super Parts.

Speaking of which, do you think will they try to make the new YF-19 compatible with the Yamato fold booster?

BTW, I'm so stoked right now that I just had to bring out the V2 YF-19 for display again.

Edited by GU-11

Yeah but the super parts are so inconsequential on the YF-19 that selling them separately feels so greedy. Even the VF-17 super parts felt like a rip-off and there way more significant than the YF-19 Super Parts.

At least the YF-19 FP came with the foldildo justifying a bit the price, but the VF-17 Super parts ARE a rip off.

well.. it didn't stop them previously (granted they eventually released the gift set).

Not to knock on them or anything. I love that they're looking to do the YF-19 next , just a little worried about the potential pricing, if the VF-1J was any indication...

So... much... drool... keyboard... shorting... out.

Hurts a little to say this, but I will probably buy one at any price. Possibly multiples.

If they release the supernova schemes, I'm going to need to take out a mortgage.

Edited by Chronocidal