Macross Plus 1/60 VF-1J

Valkyrie addict

As seen here:

vlcsnap-2013-06-19-17h36m16s51_zps005658

I've always like the simplicity of that particular VF-1J seen in Macross Plus.

Made from an assembly kit, took me about a week and a half, mostly assembly and decal placing, very little painting required. Easy custom. Since that is the only screenshot available I used a VF-1J Hikaru as reference, red scheme into black scheme. Surprising how such a little detail as color can change the appearance so much.

EDIT: LINK TO PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM HERE:

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/cyclosporine/slideshow/Macross/Yamato/VF-1J%20Macross%20Plus

Hope you liked it. Thanks for watching.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Yep, along with the VF-1A Alaska, this are great milking opportunities for Arcadia. I'm really digging the whole assembly kits and doing obscure valks, so many are seen all along the series. Already got my next kit in the table for my next custom. I hope Arcadia continues releasing this kits also but fix the missing waterslide decals 2 vernier thrusters.

Awesome work...but it needs more red paint. :)

I seriously considered doing that but decided not to.

looks great with that simple scheme. am i wrong or does the screen capture pic not have a head stripe? Did you decide to add that yourself to match hikaru's 1J?

oh and i agree....if arcadia made that, i'd buy it! apparently they have the M+ license! woot!

Edited by Mechapilot77

Thanks, I'm happy you all like it and I too agree I would buy one if Arcadia made one (even if I have this one already).

looks great with that simple scheme. am i wrong or does the screen capture pic not have a head stripe? Did you decide to add that yourself to match hikaru's 1J?

Yes, eventough is not actually painted, I decided to add the black stripe, it looked too plain without it.

the VF-11 pilot is a nice touch. B))

That's one of my favorite things in it.

It looks magnificent!! were you using the decal which I sold to you previously? hehe...

Nope, haven't used them yet but already have plans for them. I used the waterslide decals that came with the kit and a bunch leftover from a previews kit.

Macross Plus? I must have the wrong set of DVD's because I've never seen that segment in Plus...Nice mod though!

It's on Episode 2 right after Isamu gets the YF-19 and does the dynobird drawing in the sky.

More pics, this kit is very fun.

Since there's no 1/60 Zentradi battlesuit, Millia will have to step in

MACPLUSEP2PAINT01_zps3c0d617c.jpg

Photoshop to the rescue:

MACPLUSEP2PAINT02_zps9cf643f0.jpg

Oh boy...

MACPLUSEP2PAINT03_zpse3c3c6ca.jpg

MACPLUSEP2PAINT04_zps6d6a2940.jpg

BTW, if you looked closely on the 19, it's sporting VF5SS awesome arm replacement fix, thanks VF-5SS.

• 2 weeks later...