I think Damage Level B just pops the gunpla apart without causing permanent damage. Level C looks like it just turns off limbs and stuff, while Level A is like we see in the original.

That was a fun episode though. Return appearances are good, and now I'm really intrigued as to Sekai's origins.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

I figure Yuuma has enough skill to repair "normal" damage to Build Burning. Maybe not recreate its uber-particle-abilities from scratch, but surely repair an arm etc.

That, or as Schizo said---level B just LOOKS like "real" damage in the playing field, but is just more of a "disassembly" thing in real life.

It is worth noting that Sudou says the Japanese National Tournament was the first time he'd played at Level A and his gunpla is shown totally destroyed after that, completely unrecoverable, whereas after a Level B fight we usually see a detached limb or something. That's where I'm getting this. I'm probably wrong on some detail, but that's the general gist I get. I hope they put out an official explanation of how damage level works.

Wife and I absolutely loved the episode this week. It was like the best parts of the Beargguy and Gunpla Boot Camp episodes from season one combined.

The way Mirai finished the fight was just perfect - and totally appropriate against the Turn A!

BTW, what was up with the Beargguy III kit becoming the Beargguy II? Was that just to sever the connection to China and "Mr" Beargguy? Everything about it was identical to the real kit except the name.

Edited by Nekko Basara

I'm fairly certain Mr. Beargguy III is a modified Beargguy II in the original series- the Beargguy II being a spinoff kit from the Beargguy from GBBG- for which the name was made up to be cutesy. (Because Beargguy-San (Mr. Beargguy III) is cuter than Beargguy-Ni)

Which begs the question: if the tiny Beargguy from the Beargguy F had a Beargguy Brother, would it be Beargguy-Nii?

So, the kit we know as "Beargguy III" is "Beargguy II" in Build Fighters? 'Cause there's no such kit as Beargguy II in our world. Sometimes this show makes my brain hurt!

No, the kit we know as Beargguy III is the beargguy III. in the show, the beargguy III is a custom modded from the Beargguy II kit (which exists as a retail kit in the show but not in the real world).

also, so meta:

1513222_698163080204371_1334883725_n.png

I just say this about this week's episode: Never trust a mobile suit that has a smaller mobile suit attached to it. That smaller MS will kick your ass. Every. Time.

Don't you mean punch you in your corefighter? :blink: RIGHT IN THE UNIVERSE!