So---Devil Deathscythe? The wings are certainly EW Deathscythe's I think, but not much else seemed to be directly from it.

(I'm sure there's a mobile armor I'm unfamiliar with that matches much better, but I presume they're trying to work in a bit of a G-Gundam homage again)

Or heck, Zeong again? (so dark and smokey, hard to tell...)

That poster is great but not the one I mean, I think it shows up around the scene in Yuuma's room. It's Star Build Strike in the victory pose from the end of the last season.

Whoop. I read "8th ms team" when you said "8th gunpla battle tournament" and pictured the poster from the Gunpla Battle Club room.

David, what are you going on about?

So---Devil Deathscythe? The wings are certainly EW Deathscythe's I think, but not much else seemed to be directly from it.

(I'm sure there's a mobile armor I'm unfamiliar with that matches much better, but I presume they're trying to work in a bit of a G-Gundam homage again)

Or heck, Zeong again? (so dark and smokey, hard to tell...)

Looks like Hydra Gundam with other AC Gundam parts.

David, what are you going on about?

Opening scene, the big, winged, scythe-wielding Gundam that destroyed Yuu's Airmaster(?) Gundam.

Looks like Hydra Gundam with other AC Gundam parts.

Ah, I knew it reminded me of something---I just haven't looked at the Dual-Unit Wing Gundams in so long I'd practically forgotten about them. (Owned Griepe, but that's it---wasn't a very good kit IIRC)

I'll have to put that on the backlog behind the kitbash the first season inspired me to do, but that I haven't gathered funding for yet. I do like the color scheme on the Strike, the more I look at it.

Actually, I like most colorschemes that break up from the red-white-blue norm of most Gundams.

I'm just glad the GM is getting some more love this season as a Frontrunner. Fumina's Powered GM is pretty cool, I was actually in the process of Combining a GM striker and the the Thunderbolt GM, when I saw hers. So I was pleasantly surprised.

Also, Fumina and Mirai.....Two VERY good reasons to watch this show.

I really like mobile suits that are just bristling with weapons. Powered GM Cardigan has shoulder cannons, wrist gatlings, a beam rifle, at least two beam sabers, and head vulcans. One thing that I think is underused in Gundam is the concept that mobile suits don't have to use only handheld weapons. One of my favorite things about Unicorn Gundam is that it can use two of its beam sabers without its hands, and I love the Ground Gundam and Ez8's extensive use of mounted weaponry.

No reason not to have tons of guns. Which was one of the driving factors in the Unicorn kitbash I've been trying to throw together.

sYPBEes.png

wxl4u3a.png

5Vi70Bh.png

It came to me in a dream one night about midway through the run of GBF, after the debut of Qubeley Papillon's invisible funnels. The major concept being "Yeah? How's THAT for OP?!" I still haven't worked out how to implement fin funnels, just that 3D printing was going to be inevitable. I also want to put together a variation on the beam magnum with a longer barrel and a large fixed e-cap for loading all 5 magazines in, for satellite-cannon-esque firing.

Yeah. How's that for OP?

It came to me in a dream one night about midway through the run of GBF, after the debut of Qubeley Papillon's invisible funnels. The major concept being "Yeah? How's THAT for OP?!" I still haven't worked out how to implement fin funnels, just that 3D printing was going to be inevitable. I also want to put together a variation on the beam magnum with a longer barrel and a large fixed e-cap for loading all 5 magazines in, for satellite-cannon-esque firing.

Yeah. How's that for OP?

Fun idea, maybe the wings could be built of fin funnels like how the Nu Gundams funnels connect together but with more of a purpose.

That was a thought that came to mind. Grafting the buster rifle into the beam magnum is still under consideration. The only things I've got figured out for-sure are the hip skirts and beam pistols. I'm still working out how I plan on attaching the wings to the back (probably a middle piece that plugs into the slot on the Unicorn, and has a matching slot for the backpack) and the wings may not even be a satisfactory scale- I don't actually have a Wing Gundam to put next to a Unicorn, and the Wing MS were all on the small side, while Unicorn is one of the biggest Gundams.

Right now, what with funding being the way it is, I'm still in conceptual stages. Man it'd be nice to be the son of a hobby store owner.

Which is why I was hoping to go with Wing's wings. They're big enough that I think they'll fit well on the Unicorn. Though, to be honest, I was planning on doing this in MG. If you're gonna go gimmick, go full gimmick.

So in other news, I've really been enjoying this pregnancy announcement meme that's been floating around. So much so I made these:

2MfaeGS.png

aPOnBs2.png

LdYP2CZ.png

22nck7H.png

jkvebg3.png

References everywhere! Master in Guyana, the Lightning Gundam is not just for show, Ral is 35 years old (created in 1979 for the original, which was 35 years ago), "In the middle of a practice, everyone forgot Ral", St. Odessa Girls' School, the girls' school uniform collars are Zeon collars.

Another fun episode. I think the battle damage works roughly like I thought, wherein the lowest level doesn't actually cause damage, just disables play, the next level up pops the kit apart at joints, causing non-permanent damage but wearing out the gunpla's ability to fight and maybe causing minor cosmetic damage, and the top level causes damage like we saw in the original series. Based on how we've seen A, B, and C levels now anyway.