Master Replica's new FX Lightsabers

Chowser

Theforce.net has some pictures up of what I asume are prototypes. Yes, these are the same as the Anakin FX saber, although I thought that the Luke RoTJ saber looked wayyyyyy too chunky.

On a related topic, I've seen that Master Replicas has the classic Obi Wan saber from ANH, in both weathered condition (as seen in Ep IV) and in "new" condition as soon to be seen in Ep III! Can we say "sweet?"

definitely getting a weathered version !!!

that will be my first real prop replica. These are definitely smaller in circumference than the FX editions, right? I mean, holding an FX is not at all instinctive since it is so chunky.

Yeah, the FX editions are definitely "beefed up" compared to the actual props. I've yet to see one, but I'm betting the FX sabers are proportioned much like the Kenner sabers.

It's not too bad. The only thing I don't like about the FX Master replicas is you can't hit anything harder than a Nerf ball with it. When I went to the horror convention, there was this table where these people (sure wish I remembered their name) made ones you can actually "duel" with. I saw the lady smack it against the corner of a cinderblock wall and the thing still worked fine. The "blades" are made to last for a few years through abuse and you can interchange the blades for replacement or color (unlike the FX replicas, once they die, that's it. My friend Mike's lasted about 3 monthes.)

Of course the $500-700 price tag versus the $150 of the FX replicas may be a big deciding factor. Oh yeah, the more expensive model's hilt disassembles so that you can customize the look and length of the hilt.